Question Are you influenced by ads and commercials ?

Are you influenced by TV commercials or other ads ?

• I am a female Westerner => yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other male => yes

• Other female => yes

• Total voters
What if he voted against Brexit? What if he, and other like him, will bring Britain to Europe again in the future? I think we should be more inclusive and inviting.

First off, I'm a woman [as said] so you can toss the "he".

Secondly, Brexit? I'll tell you. But first you have to try to persuade me how to vote [either for or against] Brexit. Can you do so without reciting whatever has been spewed on television? I was, after all, on my university debates team and I am always looking for people regarding political ideas who can preach their argument without just reciting the news like a puppet with no original thought to call their own.

You know from what I read, Trump's victory is because of classical conditioning, fake news and money.

Same could be said of Obama, Clinton and Trudeau. Some of their tactics were so painfully obvious a blind man could "see" the writing on the wall.

In politics one has to use thy head and know how to read between the lines. Most people don't. It is why I asked LeBrok to persuade me one way or the other about Brexit without reciting the news.

First off, I'm a woman [as said] so you can toss the "he".

Secondly, Brexit? I'll tell you. But first you have to try to persuade me how to vote [either for or against] Brexit. Can you do so without reciting whatever has been spewed on television? I was, after all, on my university debates team and I am always looking for people regarding political ideas who can preach their argument without just reciting the news like a puppet with no original thought to call their own.
We have one poster name Goga, a he, thus I automatically assumed sex upon similarity. On the other hand I like Lady Gaga's few songs, so I'm familiar with Gaga being she. Well, go figure... I hope I didn't ruin your day. ;)

Unfortunately I'm pressed for time and not much time left to elaborating my point, and still couple of other poster waiting for my response. Anyway here is a short list at least:

- Union make every member stronger, more protected, less vulnerable to military conquests.
- Union is like every country, but on a bigger scale. Almost every European country began as union of provinces and states. Well, most unified by force, some by will of local princes or lords, but still, not many fancey separation by now.
- Great Britain is already a union.
- Economical growth of union is faster than without. This spurs better standard of life, life satisfaction, medical care, longevity, wealth, etc.
- In union, people become more tolerant, inclusive, and learn compromise.
- Look at United States of America. Has no more than half of population of Europe, but strongest commercial and financial power for last 100 years. They achieved more than what GB couldn't even when owned and enslaved half of the world.
- Greater mobility of Europeans, for work, education, enjoyment. This is what USA had for last 200 years, and with great results. Well, except for slaves in some era.
- Standardised goods, manufacturing and environmental laws across continent. It is like a metric system on bigger scale. Can you imagine a mess when every country had their own units?! Enough for me to deal with pounds and feet, lol, when I grew up in metric.
- European Union is young and inexperienced. Giving time it will be better integrated and wiser. We should improve on a good thing and not throw out a child with bath water.

Ok, have to run. cya later.

We have one poster name Goga, a he, thus I automatically assumed sex upon similarity. On the other hand I like Lady Gaga's few songs, so I'm familiar with Gaga being she. Well, go figure... I hope I didn't ruin your day. ;)

Unfortunately I'm pressed for time and not much time left to elaborating my point, and still couple of other poster waiting for my response. Anyway here is a short list at least:

- Union make every member stronger, more protected, less vulnerable to military conquests.
- Union is like every country, but on a bigger scale. Almost every European country began as union of provinces and states. Well, most unified by force, some by will of local princes or lords, but still, not many fancey separation by now.
- Great Britain is already a union.
- Economical growth of union is faster than without. This spurs better standard of life, life satisfaction, medical care, longevity, wealth, etc.
- In union, people become more tolerant, inclusive, and learn compromise.
- Look at United States of America. Has no more than half of population of Europe, but strongest commercial and financial power for last 100 years. They achieved more than what GB couldn't even when owned and enslaved half of the world.
- Greater mobility of Europeans, for work, education, enjoyment. This is what USA had for last 200 years, and with great results. Well, except for slaves in some era.
- Standardised goods, manufacturing and environmental laws across continent. It is like a metric system on bigger scale. Can you imagine a mess when every country had their own units?! Enough for me to deal with pounds and feet, lol, when I grew up in metric.
- European Union is young and inexperienced. Giving time it will be better integrated and wiser. We should improve on a good thing and not throw out a child with bath water.

Ok, have to run. cya later.

Well, all you did was recite the news and a little political rubbish likely right from the website. Hooray. Guess I'll give you kudos for the art of mimicry. But, just so you know, if we were on a debate's team I'd tear your commentary into pieces and quite literally have fun doing so.

Can I ask have you ever travelled outside Canada? And if you have, have you ever ventured beyond the big cities & tourist traps?

But really I don't see the point on the forums. I did have a large summary made up. But, as my edit says, it's more or less a waste of time. If you desire to try again, without copying & pasting the news or basic information gleaned from well political dogma/websites (some of your statement a high schooler who has travelled could argue against), you can PM.

Last edited:
Well, all you did was recite the news and a little political rubbish likely right from the website. Hooray. Guess I'll give you kudos for the art of mimicry. But, just so you know, if we were on a debate's team I'd tear your commentary into pieces and quite literally have fun doing so.

Can I ask have you ever travelled outside Canada? And if you have, have you ever ventured beyond the big cities & tourist traps?

But really I don't see the point on the forums. I did have a large summary made up. But, as my edit says, it's more or less a waste of time. If you desire to try again, without copying & pasting the news or basic information gleaned from well political dogma/websites (some of your statement a high schooler who has travelled could argue against), you can PM.

Wow. Nothing more than general and condescending statement. You were a real gem of a debate team. Lol. Let's hear some more of your sucky attitude and crazy ideas...

PS. I was born in Europe and go there every couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

I'm not really influenced by commercials although it is interesting to see what business' are out there. :)

i can't be influenced by commercials bc most of them are too idiotic for me to even bother giving them an ounce of attention. A typical commercial would involve something lame such as a talking rubber bath ducky saying how you can save 10 percent off of auto insurance

Commercials only serve to irritate me. I don't have cable, and spend the extra $3/month to get rid of the commercials on Hulu.

OH no!! You got me there!! :D Shoes....yes, I must confess that shoes and...clothes in general...:)
This is so true girls! Women brain will spark when she sees an image of shoes. I mean who can resist that temptation?? When I walk on the street, I see a new model of a boot in a shop and my feet turn...automatically.

Commercials only serve to irritate me. I don't have cable, and spend the extra $3/month to get rid of the commercials on Hulu.

Sometimes I wonder if the purpose of ads and commercials nowadays is not simply to incite people to pay extra to get rid of them. That being said, it doesn't work on me; I just ignore them.

I think it depends if I need that product or not, but there times that I do purchase things that I saw from an advertisement.

I am male westerner and I put off tv when commercials appears. Then in 4-5 minutes I put the tv on again. They are an abuse and make you feel nervous (bright lights, loud music, a lot of frames for second, and so on). They are treating bad to us to begin with.

I love to watch some commercials and laugh... Did you know that most commercials in the US are designed for people with a less than high school education?

I love purely native ads and get very annoyed with ads for pads or cough spray

I'm a female western and yes. I try not to be, but somethimes I'm too interested and can't resist buying something, or trying something

This thread has been viewed 52633 times.

Back