Religion In what God(s) do you believe ?

In what God(s) do you believe ? (check all that apply)

• I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I believe in one God that created the Universe, but does not interefere with our lives or judge us

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • I believe in the indivisible Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • I believe in one Almighty God and saints or other lesser gods

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I believe in many Gods, each with a special attribute (god of love, god of luck, etc.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • I am not sure whether God exist or not

Votes: 34 20.2%
  • I am convinced that God does not exist or it is irrelvant for us humans to know

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • I believe in God, but do not belong to any religion

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • I believe in God and have a religion, but I do not practice it regularily

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • I am God. (According to my philosophy.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • God is everything that exist. We are part of it.

Votes: 21 12.5%

• Total voters
We Humans have a definition of something we cannot define,
You seem to have ability to amaze others...

That is why we use the term of "religion"
Actually religion is defined and structured set of beliefs in supernatural. Term "spirituality" might be more fitting.

We do not think of it thoroughly, so that is why we cannot know the answer.
Many did, but I have a feeling you wouldn't like the answer. Let me present you my version:
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/28375-Beliefs-Spirituality-and-why-we-believe
http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/28417-World-control-factor-in-our-spirituality

I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life.

I believe in multiple gods. But then my family, both sides, is old. Mum's side goes back to the 1400s and Dad's side goes back 1,200+ years. Mum's side is more devoted, however, she is herself is not a true believer herself [she is the sort to go to church cause it's expected, nothing else]... as is the case with most people who married into dad's family. Dad's family is all and out pagan. Not neo pagan, which is merely a remake done by people who still need to belong but want to be "different" [call it a different name all you like, it's still the bandwagon of a "standardized" religion], but as in dad's side of the family never lost our pre-Christian beliefs.

I believe in multiple gods. But then my family, both sides, is old. Mum's side goes back to the 1400s and Dad's side goes back 1,200+ years. Mum's side is more devoted, however, she is herself is not a true believer herself [she is the sort to go to church cause it's expected, nothing else]... as is the case with most people who married into dad's family. Dad's family is all and out pagan. Not neo pagan, which is merely a remake done by people who still need to belong but want to be "different" [call it a different name all you like, it's still the bandwagon of a "standardized" religion], but as in dad's side of the family never lost our pre-Christian beliefs.

So you are saying that, with every religion there is a different God.?

I believe in only one GOD and that every religion be it from pagan stone-age to today prayed to that God.............which is why one does not need a religion to pray to God.

I am an agnostic atheist about god claims that are not falsifiable, and a gnostic atheist for those who have already been falsified, for example the God of the Bible and the God of the Qur'an. I don't believe in the existence of the supernatural dimension. I don't think we are living in a celestial dictatorship, where a God watches your every move like big brother. That is just fantasy.

Ok, so where are you/we came from, and why finite reality exists?
I agree with you that the existence of our universe requires an explanation, and origin, but what makes you think that origin or cause or reason is God?
If you only answer "who created the Universe"' it may not occur to you that the true answer might not be in the form of a "who" but of a "what".

In past people wondered who makes the sun go around, who shoots lightning from clouds, or who made my child sick with a curse. Apparently it was all gods and bad spirits doing.
Well, now we know the right answers thanks to science. The moral of the story is that, just because we still can't explain all the workings of universe it doesn't mean gods did it.

I agree with you that the existence of our universe requires an explanation, and origin, but what makes you think that origin or cause or reason is God?

Me.
I am living person, with reason, inteligence, and selfidentity,
so, the one who made me, have to be more inteligent, more
alive and more personal, than I am.

More than that I am able to realize, that something exept
me exists, not only the material Universe, but am I able to
comprehence an idea that there is something beyond and
more powerfull than all power in whole Universe. I am also
able to understand, what is time, what is past, I am able
to abstractic thinking, I can undersdtand cause and effect,
and I can also get mathematical principles and probability;
something, what allready evolved apemen preset here too,
actualy can't, so thay have to belive in selfaliving stone,
becasue as animals, they cannot understand anything
beyond materia and can;t think abstracticly.

My God, the Inteligent Creator made me able to got this,
but their godess a blind dumb Evolution made them unable.

It is such simple.

If you only answer "who created the Universe"' it may not occur to you that the true answer might not be in the form of a "who" but of a "what".

The "Who" is a higher level of existence so, logically,
"what" cant made "Who", but "Who" can make "what".

More than that I am able to realize, that something exept
me exists, not only the material Universe, but am I able to
comprehence an idea that there is something beyond and
more powerfull than all power in whole Universe. I am also
able to understand, what is time, what is past, I am able
to abstractic thinking, I can undersdtand cause and effect,
and I can also get mathematical principles and probability;
something, what allready evolved apemen preset here too,
actualy can't, so thay have to belive in selfaliving stone,
becasue as animals, they cannot understand anything
beyond materia and can;t think abstracticly.

Wow, you tricked us well.

This philosophical view best describes my beliefs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism

one does not need a religion to pray to God.

I totally agree with this. This is also why the principle of separation of church and state does not entail that there mustn't be any references to God in national constitutions or other legislative acts (like the U.S. Declaration of Independence).

This philosophical view best describes my beliefs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_theism

I totally agree with this. This is also why the principle of separation of church and state does not entail that there mustn't be any references to God in national constitutions or other legislative acts (like the U.S. Declaration of Independence).
I hate that, no reference to spiritual entities of any kind should be allowed in constitution, national anthem or court processes.

I voted this: "I believe in one God that created the Universe, but does not interefere with our lives or judge us"

I don't pray, I don't visit any religious temples, I don't read any religious texts and I don't like to talk about the religion, because it is not part of my 'duty', I'm not a priest. But I do believe in my God. I'm a very religious person. I don't fear God, but I love God because God created life.

We don't like to harm innocent people, because we believe in karma, this life or an after life: good thoughts, good words, good deeds.

According to my native Iranian/Aryan religion God created the 7 angels, and the chief of those 7 angles, Tawuse Melek (peacock angel), is the ruler of our planet Earth. Tawuse Melek punishes anybody who is harmimg his people, the children of God, or simply the Ezdi Kurds.

Do you agree with this ???

Soul vs. spirit

" The soul and the spirit are connected, but separable (Hebrews 4:12). The soul is the essence of humanity's being; it is who we are. The spirit is the aspect of humanity that connects with God.

The spirit is the element in humanity which gives us the ability to have an intimate relationship with God.

The word 'soul' can refer to both the immaterial and material aspects of humanity. Unlike human beings having a spirit, human beings are souls. In its most basic sense, the word 'soul' means 'life.'
"

https://www.gotquestions.org/soul-spirit.html

I worship at the altar of rock and roll.

I hate that, no reference to spiritual entities of any kind should be allowed in constitution, national anthem or court processes.

But refference to selfalived stone, genues monkey and
islamic "merits" should be praise day and night not only
in documents, but everywhere...
429063825.gif

I think God is an outdated word, and there are better ways to describe the power and intelligence behind physical substances. Books such as the bible were written ~2000 years ago and it's knowledge were limited due the lack of intellectualism and "functional" intelligence. Keep in mind most people didn't even know to write or think rationally as people in the XXI. century.
If someone like Jesus would reincarnate again then, Himself most likely use concept showing relatedness much more with Psychic-biology than 2000 years ago.

I do believe or i should say that i know there's more than what our limited senses can translate to understand. If we had higher intelligence, consciousness then our brain would be more functional to understand the so called "Esoteric-Higher Sense" concepts.

Just like some people are able to experience telekinesis. If the majority of people were able to experience it then it wouldn't be "spiritual" anymore but an everyday thing, just like most people would have thought a flying Plane as "God" back in time.

This thread has been viewed 87973 times.

Back