Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: In what God(s) do you believe ? (check all that apply)

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life

25 15.82%
  • I believe in one God that created the Universe, but does not interefere with our lives or judge us

8 5.06%
  • I believe in the indivisible Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost

20 12.66%
  • I believe in one Almighty God and saints or other lesser gods

4 2.53%
  • I believe in many Gods, each with a special attribute (god of love, god of luck, etc.)

8 5.06%
  • I am not sure whether God exist or not

32 20.25%
  • I am convinced that God does not exist or it is irrelvant for us humans to know

43 27.22%
  • I believe in God, but do not belong to any religion

12 7.59%
  • I believe in God and have a religion, but I do not practice it regularily

13 8.23%
  • I am God. (According to my philosophy.)

10 6.33%
  • God is everything that exist. We are part of it.

20 12.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: In what God(s) do you believe ?

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 971
    Overall activity: 67.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-BY7449*>YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

Ethnic group
    España

I do not think the Egyptians were visited by the aliens in principle because no one has yet proven that the aliens exist and secondly because some tangible evidence or would not have been found and has not been so at least to this day.

The anthropomorphic Gods, with the head of a jackal or a lion, bird wings e, t, c, can be simply a symbolic aspect, they are also elements of the environment in this case of the Egyptians and can create a thousand anthropomorphic compositions, I do not see nothing special about it other than to impress the plebs and make it clear that the Gods have superhuman qualities.

If I already have trouble praying to a Christian image to one with a jackal's head, it is because I put it to birth.

Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Community Award
    Level
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 219
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

In what God(s) do you believe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
    I do not think the Egyptians were visited by the aliens in principle because no one has yet proven that the aliens exist and secondly because some tangible evidence or would not have been found and has not been so at least to this day.

The anthropomorphic Gods, with the head of a jackal or a lion, bird wings e, t, c, can be simply a symbolic aspect, they are also elements of the environment in this case of the Egyptians and can create a thousand anthropomorphic compositions, I do not see nothing special about it other than to impress the plebs and make it clear that the Gods have superhuman qualities.

If I already have trouble praying to a Christian image to one with a jackal's head, it is because I put it to birth.
    Carlos, we are just been Sarcastic.
    “Divirtiéndose”
    But you oh Messapo, Tamer of Horses ... that no one, with neither iron nor fire can break down! “Virgil”

Viscount Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    J-Y15222
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a2b5

Ethnic group
    Italian

Y-H-W-H

The Lord God

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    In fact, I'm going to delete all the nonsense posts which ruined this thread. Don't do this kind of thing again. Am I clear?

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    I wrote this here about two years ago. I'm still an agnostic, but if I were to believe in a god, this is what he would be like.

" Originally Posted by Aberdeen
    Okay, you seem to really know this stuff, so I'm going to ask you a question that, AFAIK, an insular European such as Kierkegaard didn't feel the need to address. After one ponders spiritual issues, if one decides to make a leap of faith and believe in a god, why should one decide to believe in the christian god rather than some other deity? Is it simply a cultural issue? It seems to me that, just as with positing the idea that the existence of a universe necessitates some unspecified creator, deciding on the need to believe in some kind of creator does not get you to a justification for believing in a specific creator.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read any of these theological works. Most of my copies of their books are in a box in the attic. (You can see how far I have fallen away.) All I have on my computer are quotes from them that I’ve kept.

Here is a very Kierkegaard like one from Hans Kung:
    “historical arguments; traditional apologetics breaks down here. Since man is here dealing with God and this by definition means with the invisible, impalpable, uncontrollable, only one attitude is appropriate and required : believing trust, trusting faith.”

FWIW, I don’t remember Kierkegaard ever addressing even the question of Judaism. For him, Christianity is an absolute.

A few of their books are still in my bookcases, and I’ll see if I can find some pertinent quotes.

I can say that personally, if I were to be a believer, I would be a Christian.

Christianity, and Judaism before it are totally different from paganism and the eastern religions-Hindusim, Buddhism, Tao.

My reason leads me to believe in a transcendent God, the creator of the universe, not a god(s) who is part of the universe. The pagan gods were just immortal men, subject to all the vices and sins of ordinary men. Buddhism and Hinduism, while they are profound religions which exhibit deep reflection on the nature of reality, the divine, and the meaning of life and suffering, are really pantheistic religions in which, reduced to their essence, the godhead is basically the universe itself.

It’s only in the monotheistic religions of the Near East that we have an individual transcendent God who creates the universe. That makes more sense to me.

Moreover, he is a God who manifests himself in history and with whom we can communicate. He is a personal God.

Also, the eastern religions do not, in my opinion, satisfactorily address the question of human suffering. The “solution” to suffering in the eastern religions is to stop existing. That is the goal. When, after multiple reincarnations you have learned the necessary “lessons”, you will be rewarded by never being incarnated again, and merging into the formless universe. In Christianity, suffering is the means…it’s through the redemptive suffering of Christ and our participation in that suffering, that we and the world are redeemed. That redemption leads to an afterlife in which the individual identity remains intact.

To use the old formulation, death will be no more, not because we will be blessed by non-existence, but because we will have a different, but still unique, individual existence.

Also, in Christianity there is, contrary to the eastern religions, a definition of the godhead as a loving God. A God, moreover, who, to quote Kierkegaard again, became man and suffered because of that love for mankind, and in the process could say to mankind, "See, here is what it is to be a human being."

The differences between Christianity, Judaism and Islam would be a whole other long post, but I think some of the differences can be inferred just from what I have written.

Of course, I’m aware that the form my logic, my reasoning takes, even my preference, perhaps, if you will, for this definition of God, for this theology, is grounded in a very “western” oriented, “humanistic” philosophical and theological view of the world, God, and man."

31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%

1 members found this post helpful.
    He is not in heaven. God is what is in the heart of man. This is what tingles in our breasts when we do wrong things. And that which warms and pleases the soul when we do the right thing. We judge ourselves and pass judgment on ourselves by smoking a cigarette and drinking alcohol. Inspire ourselves with guilt and destroy ourselves.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789