Religion In what God(s) do you believe ?

In what God(s) do you believe ? (check all that apply)

• I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I believe in one God that created the Universe, but does not interefere with our lives or judge us

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • I believe in the indivisible Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • I believe in one Almighty God and saints or other lesser gods

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I believe in many Gods, each with a special attribute (god of love, god of luck, etc.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • I am not sure whether God exist or not

Votes: 34 20.2%
  • I am convinced that God does not exist or it is irrelvant for us humans to know

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • I believe in God, but do not belong to any religion

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • I believe in God and have a religion, but I do not practice it regularily

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • I am God. (According to my philosophy.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • God is everything that exist. We are part of it.

Votes: 21 12.5%

• Total voters

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
I know I already posted another thread with poll named "What is your religion", but this survey is a bit different. I am NOT asking what is one's religion, but only if you believe in God(s) regardless of what specific religion you belong to.

I'm a Baptist... but I wouldn't call myself a good Christian cause I have sinned. Oh, how I have sinned....

since there is no "I am God" option I'm gonna go with the "there is no god" one.

I am god would sort of be a valid option though.
I consider myself the god of my world. My world revolves around me and was created the second I became conscious of my surroundings.
Everything I say or do has great impact on how my world turns out.
I can actively change how my world will turn out.

By some definitions, I am my God.

I wish I could say something funny or original, but I'm pretty conventional here. There is a God. He created everything, became a man in the person of Jesus to die for our sins, and rose on the third day. (I didn't make this up, i read it somewhere.)

I would try to say that I am God, but I can't even find my glasses and keys.

Heh heh, I can't even remember what I did 10 minutes ago.
:p
I should probably try to explain my answer a bit more.
You = random coalescence of atoms. You are made up of stuff that was around before, and will be around after you die. You are, essentially, made out of the same stuff as everything else. Energy. Energy, according to the laws of thermodynamics, cannot either be created or destroyed. Sounds kinda religious, doesn't it?
If you think differences exist, they do. If you don't think there are differences, there are none. The source is the same; but people are always trying to set up categories between their ego and something else. That's just what language does to conciousness. (See Wittgenstien.)

Since I can't write worth a damn, here's some Aldous Huxley.

:gulp:

"Dualism, without it there can hardly be good literature. With it, there most certainly can be no good life."

I am also my own God...decide for myself and make my own "destiny".....according to my dear philosophy.
ah....it is great to be God. :)

Haha, seriously, I don't follow any religion.. :D

actually, I voted twice in this poll.

God doesn't exist AND

I am my own God....

Maybe it sounds dubious, but it isn't, so I will explain further:

My opinion, there is no God, only us to decide our lives, hence: we are all Gods...in ourselves with free will (existentialism)...

I liked the last option.

The Goddess to me is everything, and we are a part of Her beacon of energy.

She doesnt have a faith orchestrated after Her though.

My Goddess' wisdom far surpasses that of conventional judgments, in that She has absolutely no concious mind to predestin, or create the possible outcomes that we encounter in our lives. She cant interfere with the lives of Her children, in that She is living in the lives of Her children. She loves absolutely, in that She has no feelings at all. She is, in fact, incapable of grasping concepts of love, as she is all, and in becoming all, is less than nothing, and therefore worthy of no heed or worship.

At least, thats what I believe.

I guess I'm not sure. It doesn't seem very important to me. If there is a god, I guess that's nice. I wish she'd do something about this mess she created, but I understand if she can't cause this whole universe thing is pretty big.

Also, your question assumes that our belief is static. My belief, whatever it is, is fluid and changes from moment to moment. I think we can also believe and not believe at the same time.

I believed in God, I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life

by reading some of the posts, I'm disapointed. But thats not my business to interphere.
You guys are doomed...

i deffinately belieave in god. one god. but i dont think that human beings could possibly ever understand "what" it is. i dont think its a "he", i dont think its a "she", i think its an "it" that takes many forms..but i do not think we are judged, i think we decide for ourselves whitch path we take.

I guess I feel that any god that "dooms" people or sends people to hell for having an alternative viewpoint isn't really worth worshipping. That doesn't sound like the work of an omnibenevolent being to me.

I like Winter's answer a lot. I don't know if I "believe" it, but I like it. It really reminds me of the ending to "Another Roadside Attraction" by Tom Robbins. Have you read that?

Originally raised as a baptist. I have seen alot and have my own opinions now so i'm kinda undecided. looking for a new religion. :balloon:

sabro said:
I've SEEN Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. :)

Who hasn't ? I have seen MANY different Sanat Claus and many Easter Bunny. :p I have even eaten some easter bunny (chocolate ones).

This thread has been viewed 87716 times.

Back