Religion In what God(s) do you believe ?

In what God(s) do you believe ? (check all that apply)

• I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I believe in one God that created the Universe, but does not interefere with our lives or judge us

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • I believe in the indivisible Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • I believe in one Almighty God and saints or other lesser gods

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I believe in many Gods, each with a special attribute (god of love, god of luck, etc.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • I am not sure whether God exist or not

Votes: 34 20.2%
  • I am convinced that God does not exist or it is irrelvant for us humans to know

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • I believe in God, but do not belong to any religion

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • I believe in God and have a religion, but I do not practice it regularily

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • I am God. (According to my philosophy.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • God is everything that exist. We are part of it.

Votes: 21 12.5%

• Total voters
I do not think the Egyptians were visited by the aliens in principle because no one has yet proven that the aliens exist and secondly because some tangible evidence or would not have been found and has not been so at least to this day.

The anthropomorphic Gods, with the head of a jackal or a lion, bird wings e, t, c, can be simply a symbolic aspect, they are also elements of the environment in this case of the Egyptians and can create a thousand anthropomorphic compositions, I do not see nothing special about it other than to impress the plebs and make it clear that the Gods have superhuman qualities.

If I already have trouble praying to a Christian image to one with a jackal's head, it is because I put it to birth.

I do not think the Egyptians were visited by the aliens in principle because no one has yet proven that the aliens exist and secondly because some tangible evidence or would not have been found and has not been so at least to this day.

The anthropomorphic Gods, with the head of a jackal or a lion, bird wings e, t, c, can be simply a symbolic aspect, they are also elements of the environment in this case of the Egyptians and can create a thousand anthropomorphic compositions, I do not see nothing special about it other than to impress the plebs and make it clear that the Gods have superhuman qualities.

If I already have trouble praying to a Christian image to one with a jackal's head, it is because I put it to birth.

Carlos, we are just been Sarcastic. [emoji4]
“Divirtiéndose”

Y-H-W-H

The Lord God

In fact, I'm going to delete all the nonsense posts which ruined this thread. Don't do this kind of thing again. Am I clear?

I wrote this here about two years ago. I'm still an agnostic, but if I were to believe in a god, this is what he would be like.

" Originally Posted by Aberdeen
Okay, you seem to really know this stuff, so I'm going to ask you a question that, AFAIK, an insular European such as Kierkegaard didn't feel the need to address. After one ponders spiritual issues, if one decides to make a leap of faith and believe in a god, why should one decide to believe in the christian god rather than some other deity? Is it simply a cultural issue? It seems to me that, just as with positing the idea that the existence of a universe necessitates some unspecified creator, deciding on the need to believe in some kind of creator does not get you to a justification for believing in a specific creator.

It’s been a long time since I’ve read any of these theological works. Most of my copies of their books are in a box in the attic. (You can see how far I have fallen away.) All I have on my computer are quotes from them that I’ve kept.

Here is a very Kierkegaard like one from Hans Kung:
“historical arguments; traditional apologetics breaks down here. Since man is here dealing with God and this by definition means with the invisible, impalpable, uncontrollable, only one attitude is appropriate and required : believing trust, trusting faith.”

FWIW, I don’t remember Kierkegaard ever addressing even the question of Judaism. For him, Christianity is an absolute.

A few of their books are still in my bookcases, and I’ll see if I can find some pertinent quotes.

I can say that personally, if I were to be a believer, I would be a Christian.

Christianity, and Judaism before it are totally different from paganism and the eastern religions-Hindusim, Buddhism, Tao.

My reason leads me to believe in a transcendent God, the creator of the universe, not a god(s) who is part of the universe. The pagan gods were just immortal men, subject to all the vices and sins of ordinary men. Buddhism and Hinduism, while they are profound religions which exhibit deep reflection on the nature of reality, the divine, and the meaning of life and suffering, are really pantheistic religions in which, reduced to their essence, the godhead is basically the universe itself.

It’s only in the monotheistic religions of the Near East that we have an individual transcendent God who creates the universe. That makes more sense to me.

Moreover, he is a God who manifests himself in history and with whom we can communicate. He is a personal God.

Also, the eastern religions do not, in my opinion, satisfactorily address the question of human suffering. The “solution” to suffering in the eastern religions is to stop existing. That is the goal. When, after multiple reincarnations you have learned the necessary “lessons”, you will be rewarded by never being incarnated again, and merging into the formless universe. In Christianity, suffering is the means…it’s through the redemptive suffering of Christ and our participation in that suffering, that we and the world are redeemed. That redemption leads to an afterlife in which the individual identity remains intact.

To use the old formulation, death will be no more, not because we will be blessed by non-existence, but because we will have a different, but still unique, individual existence.

Also, in Christianity there is, contrary to the eastern religions, a definition of the godhead as a loving God. A God, moreover, who, to quote Kierkegaard again, became man and suffered because of that love for mankind, and in the process could say to mankind, "See, here is what it is to be a human being."

The differences between Christianity, Judaism and Islam would be a whole other long post, but I think some of the differences can be inferred just from what I have written.

Of course, I’m aware that the form my logic, my reasoning takes, even my preference, perhaps, if you will, for this definition of God, for this theology, is grounded in a very “western” oriented, “humanistic” philosophical and theological view of the world, God, and man."​

He is not in heaven. God is what is in the heart of man. This is what tingles in our breasts when we do wrong things. And that which warms and pleases the soul when we do the right thing. We judge ourselves and pass judgment on ourselves by smoking a cigarette and drinking alcohol. Inspire ourselves with guilt and destroy ourselves.

I could not delete my earlier post here, it was not an answer to Maciamos original question.

So I changed to this: I am my god. And totally without any religion.

Last edited:
The question should be directed to all the religious institutions around the world and see what they say

My upgrades:
When child - Jesus Christ is my God (because of Christmas and Mother)
When young - do not care....
When young adult - I am God...
When middle aged - Yes, there should be a God, maybe (I go to church if my close family are feeling not well, or i need a help in my life journey)
When old - my God I am so sorry with all my sins
When on the dying bed - Dear God, I believe in you, hope we shall meet in the Heaven!

Conclusion: I think we all should live well and let other to live according to their wishes (with or without God). Because the God is not in the church, God is in yourself, inside your life journey... (you can change the word "God" for "Nature", "Brain", "conscience" etc.

I am an atheist, full stop.

But . . . I have the greatest respect for believers. The smartest, nicest person I ever knew was a devout Catholic. How could I call believers stupid or deceived with him as an example?

I am an atheist, full stop.

But . . . I have the greatest respect for believers. The smartest, nicest person I ever knew was a devout Catholic. How could I call believers stupid or deceived with him as an example?

You might have the most peaceful idea ..............these current religious institutions , who say they praise peace are continually on an undeclared war on each other ......and without consequences ......imagine if a nation did this , they would loose land or other stuff if they warred like these religious instituations.

I am an atheist. However I am very interested in the the myths of each civilization particularly the creation myths. I am by the religion/state interplay. Or other things like the prohibition against eating pork and by extension raising pigs or eating seafood. Very solid advice if one was to avoid getting sick from food that easily spoils. The existence of life after death and judgment of sins can be thought as an inducement to behave here on earth. I believe that the Christian religion is a bit too complicated with the Holy Trinity and the existence of volumes and volumes of theology. Too many theologians that have nothing else to do than to argue incessantly about how many angels can fit on the head of a pin. I also disagree with the deification of Mary. Poor Joseph got the shaft :). I also think that the Father in the Christian religion has been pushed to the background in favor of the Son and the Holy Spirit.

I think it is a good time to meet God. The world is not worth it.

I think it is a good time to meet God. The world is not worth it.

NO, it’s Not! Summer's coming. You’ll have new stories to tell,
and we want to hear them :)

I am a theist but not into any particular religion.

Wording of the question when I answered: What is the difference between deism and theism?
Deismis the belief in a creator, who made the world but does not take a personal interest in it -- doesn't require worship, answer prayers, judge behavior, or necessarily promise a life after death (unless that was part of the original creation). Deism is a fairly benign belief, because there are no consequences for accepting or rejecting it.
Theism is the belief in an active, interventionist god who not only created the world (and some believe fine-tuned it for human use), but also may require worship, answer prayers, judge sinners, and may have created a divine son or other entities to live among humans. Most theists are 100 percent certain their god(s) exist, and have faith in this without any objective, verifiable evidence. There are many theistic religions, each of which insists it is the only true one.

Wording of the question when I answered: What is the difference between deism and theism?
Deismis the belief in a creator, who made the world but does not take a personal interest in it -- doesn't require worship, answer prayers, judge behavior, or necessarily promise a life after death (unless that was part of the original creation). Deism is a fairly benign belief, because there are no consequences for accepting or rejecting it.
Theism is the belief in an active, interventionist god who not only created the world (and some believe fine-tuned it for human use), but also may require worship, answer prayers, judge sinners, and may have created a divine son or other entities to live among humans. Most theists are 100 percent certain their god(s) exist, and have faith in this without any objective, verifiable evidence. There are many theistic religions, each of which insists it is the only true one.

Let me know what is it once you get there!

... this is real cryptic !

Beliefs are usually individual or collective emotional crutches. Human beings create various types of emotional crutches, I also have mine, but they are not religious.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[/COLOR]

[FONT=Google Sans, arial, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]God is one, but each has his own God.[/FONT][/FONT]

This thread has been viewed 87701 times.

Back