Religion In what God(s) do you believe ?

In what God(s) do you believe ? (check all that apply)

• I believe in one almighty God who created the Universe and judge our everyday life

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I believe in one God that created the Universe, but does not interefere with our lives or judge us

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • I believe in the indivisible Trinity of God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost

Votes: 22 13.1%
  • I believe in one Almighty God and saints or other lesser gods

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I believe in many Gods, each with a special attribute (god of love, god of luck, etc.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • I am not sure whether God exist or not

Votes: 34 20.2%
  • I am convinced that God does not exist or it is irrelvant for us humans to know

Votes: 47 28.0%
  • I believe in God, but do not belong to any religion

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • I believe in God and have a religion, but I do not practice it regularily

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • I am God. (According to my philosophy.)

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • God is everything that exist. We are part of it.

Votes: 21 12.5%

• Total voters
I can not vote no choice, I believe that God is a woman.

I think the human mind is too linear and too unable to understand the possibility of an universe without sense, beginning and end. Just existence and transformation. That's why God and more widely spirituality is something we accept as a possibility in order to exorcise our doubts. Because it is something that combines the whole mankind.

what you said can be used against your saying;
so isn't that also indicates that we are too far away from understanding god?
we can't really say anything about what god exactly IS. we can't point, "hey! there is the god! look over there." as we can't as well say exactly there isn't any god cause that requires proof too.
so we can't neither say there is and isn't any god.
the problem is, questions emphasizes directly/indirectly on existence of god. if god creates, so isn't existence is a concept made from god? so god is chained by "existence"? (...or better, even than god topic, isn't "existence" a human idea?)
how narrow our views are, god always thought as a person, as a king of all kings, as someone who happened to be first exist in world before anyone... but no one says it is perhaps collective unconsciousness (or better more precisely, conscious whole intelligence).
haven't heard of possible worlds? worlds! each world with their own logic. we can see lots of possibilities, beyond our comprehension.
we humans don't know anything ourselves yet, not the world nor universe...yet we easily judge about something greater than us. think, can a 4 year old infant judge his parents well? (assuming his parents are logical, compassionate people)

That's why I think it's a concept created by humans for humans. Because only humans have this necessity, as much as we know.

because,as you said yourself, we are the only creature on earth who can think!

Till humans developed nervous system (brain) to ask existential questions, for 5 billions years nobody on this planet cared if god or gods existed, or why universe exists. Looks like this is the norm, and possibly everything exists without a reason, purpose, goal or need. It's just happened.

why is it that someone who believes should provide evidence?
tell me, why do you believe world made pointless? just why? assertion doesn't do any good.
and believers doesn't say that they know everything so to be get bombarded by critiques to be proved otherwise; they just believe in god, it do not requires much intelligence, yet it is personal journey for anyone to understand god, since god is for everyone.
do you think god is a king? what? who gives orders, looks down on us? I think not. since we assume he is wisest, and therefore most compassionate (by Socrates philosophy puts virtue and knowledge are one; thank japs for their proverb as it says "virtue and knowledge are like two wheels of a cart.") ...so... imagine....would you portray compassionate as someone who gives no attention, no love, no care about you? since its our creator isn't it capable of look for us all? if you say about "evils" in this world, we already know it's from human mind, and world don't really see "evil" for itself.
but does that mean we should deny "evil"??? no, we are emotional creatures and emotions thought to be one of the greatest achievement of evolution life on earth has gone through. we know "evil" hurts us, and we know there is NO ESCAPING from emotions, in fact, ALL our judgment and reasoning based on emotions.
that's why Socrates says ethics should be our main concern.
and we know there isn't "ethic" out there, but it's from humans, and still most necessary thing we need nowadays.
so same goes with god, if we believe that god is of human mind.

and they didn't cared because they couldn't think back then! answered by your own statement.

and this also means why should we compare ourselves to animals? so animals don't debate about gods (if they could "debate" about anything at all!!!) so we must? so do we also compare other aspects with animals? isn't naming people after animals taboo and negative? so do we promote some male people act as "alpha"s and most of our female bow before them??? is this what human being want? I think not.

though you said it for fun, you, by coincidence, hit on the spot. anyone can think of god as anything as they still know and aware that god isn't limited by anything.
why not? it's of literature. it helps being emotionally closer to it. and I'm sure SHE wouldn't mind...I thought of it as a woman once.

debates like this goes on and on in internet, and my answers can't never satisfy anybody that I know.
people still believe what they want to believe and do what they want to do, unless words came from their on mind or they are truth seeker and so sensitive to it that they can sense words of wisdom to be convinced.

truly, look around ourselves.
we humans are suspect to err and do it all the times. there isn't any perfection in us but ... why don't people use the same words they use against unfathomable god on themselves too?

isn't most of our miseries because of our own negative minds? why does world seems purposeless when exactly it is you who sees life pointless. and in most of our debates we are biased and backgrounds do really matter.
someone who hasn't been within religion doesn't know anything about it and difference of religion should be looked as difference of race looked upon.

religions, all, meant to do us good, yet, some vicious people abused them...same goes with politics, economy and such. isn't economy making wars today like religion did in past?
there would be always religion. there is no reasons to think idealistic, so instead of killing what can not be killed, let's try to rationalize our way and give better meaning out of it.

I'm not religious, mind you. religious people call me atheist for my radical belief because I deal with philosophy of religion (the real business and core inside of it) instead of traditions of religion (which is superficial and influenced by cultures of believers).... same goes with atheists, they call me religious because I believe in god, yet they haven't been deep to religion themselves to get exactly what I am into.

I said those above so you can get some background about me. this is important on seeing things through another perspective and getting whole points. it's base of empathy, rationality and the whole main thing required in today world.
...if only just humans could try to understand each other!

sorry for some typos, since I'm not regular member I can't edit anything. in other words, your concerns should be on context not words.
and I would like to see people philosophize in real sense in this thread, not just give opinion without good reason. (perhaps I should have joined a philosophy forum?... I really need a good talker here)

Chevalier

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Carlos

though you said it for fun, you, by coincidence, hit on the spot. anyone can think of god as anything as they still know and aware that god isn't limited by anything.
why not? it's of literature. it helps being emotionally closer to it. and I'm sure SHE wouldn't mind...I thought of it as a woman once.

I'm serious, I have a Goddess. God is a woman, I did not know it until I started writing in a writing workshop as a teenager and made the statement after the years ended in another course of screenwriting and there on my first screenplay to be the first own things really are coming when God was a character out openly and a woman, all this was subconsciously because I realized years later the meaning.

Now I devote myself to photography and rose at any time, if not out already and I still have not noticed, I'm sure she is a woman.

God is the ultimate that a human can do in his life,
God has humans face and body,
god has a job,
and protects its job, its family, and his supporters,

I like Poseidon Zeus and Hephastθs (Ποσειδων, Ζευ-Διας Ηφαιστος) due to the studies and the life i choose to make.

I strongly believe in what I see/understand. None can make me believe in mistery.
If there's a God who created a foolish child like me, it's not my fault. It's HIS!

there is only one GOD...if you know about more, share, then we can follow the ancient roman or greek system

The question should be .........How many gods are there.
-If there is only one God, then all religions pray to that one God and so its just plain stupidy that people change religions. Basically anyone who changes religion , does not know religion.

-If there is more than one God, then the ancients ( Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, Norse etc etc ) where correct and then that means modern religion is a farce.

take your pick

that is a good question,
the answer is another question
what we mean by word God?

For example a Doctor in a modern primitive island and his nurse, like mother Terezza, could we take it as a God and its Saint? (Ασκληπιος and Ιασω)
the one who finds a cold fusion machine, can he be a god? or a priest of Ηφαιστος?

personally I think that some gods are creation of Guilds, and others invention of a rulling class to spread fear or to earn money.

In Albanian:
"Zot" means: 1- God; 2- Mr.; 3- Owner.
"Zonjë" means "Ms.";
"Zon
ë" means "occupation", "zone";
"Zan
ë" means "goddess" (it's a mythological character).
All these words derive from "Ze" = 1- begin; 2- occupy; 3- catch; 4- size (v); ["z
ënë" is the p.p. of "ze"/"zë"; In Gheg: "zanë"].
So, the meaning of "zot" (god) in Albanian is: 1- beginner; 2- occupier.

I believe in God but I'm not really sure about Satan because my Step-Dad raised me in the Chinook philosophy and have not come across him and my Mom raised me Catholic, I also believe saints have made a controbutional part in our world history and human rights

I believe in God but I'm not really sure about Satan because my Step-Dad raised me in the Chinook philosophy and have not come across him and my Mom raised me Catholic, I also believe saints have made a controbutional part in our world history and human rights

The evil exists and is up to a court of ministers who are worse than Satan himself. But fear not, they can only access so you if you want. If you're beset and deceived Give them your body, but never surrender your soul to them, will be lost for eternity, and soon tire of your body, they want your soul.

No matter how you have educated your parents, that does not matter to the king of darkness, beware of arrival, is nearby.

Carlos you are one bizarre guy overall loll, I personally believe in science as the reason for our being, I don't believe in god I'm atheist as I've in terms of intelligence surpassed the point of believing in the bible or biblical stories or in one of many nonsensical religions ( Hindus believe in multiple gods, some of them being half-human half elephant, what rubbish) its all nonsense to me as once man surpassed the atmosphere and reached space....he finally realized that there is no heaven up there, up in the "clouds". planes are up there all day every day, did YOU see god or Jesus in his robes up there on a cloud? That's what I thought lol

Carlos you are one bizarre guy overall loll, I personally believe in science as the reason for our being, I don't believe in god I'm atheist as I've in terms of intelligence surpassed the point of believing in the bible or biblical stories or in one of many nonsensical religions ( Hindus believe in multiple gods, some of them being half-human half elephant, what rubbish) its all nonsense to me as once man surpassed the atmosphere and reached space....he finally realized that there is no heaven up there, up in the "clouds". planes are up there all day every day, did YOU see god or Jesus in his robes up there on a cloud? That's what I thought lol

Burn in hell and God will not hear your cries and pleas.

.......AHAHAH you are so weird Carlos....

Honestly, your English is beyond incomprehensible.

well, if the worlds leading particle physisists cant explain why we are here, i refuse to believe that their is "no" reason. i have studied both sides of the story, science wants us to believe that first, there was nothing, surrounded by "nothingness", and then, a big bang, and "poomph" there waseverything. religion would have us believe that the universe as we know it was created by an all powerfull intellect beyond our grasp of realism.
i dont buy the part about first there was nothing, and then there was everything. i think there is something much larger in the picture, and although i could never understand it, i have faith that we are not here for nothing. compare yourself to every other creature on earth. if you tell me we evolved from apes, thats fine, we probably did, but where did the apes come from, where did the one-celled organisms at the bottom of the ocean near the volcanic vents come from. if you are talking about christianity or catholocism my point is, the roman catholic church, has over the centuries done its best to turn tragedy into terror. and create a ruling class royal family. jerks. and re-write many chapters in the bible to their liking. many ppl who have never read a bible from front to back cannot in fairness speculate upon the motives, of the diety in question. like buddha said when asked about the "christ" figure in the east, he replied "how would i know, i wasnt there." the idea that everything we know came out of nowhere, (and im not talking about the big bang, im talking about why the big bang happened to begin with) is an even farther reach for me, than to believe that god created it. for instance, a lot of ppl believe in ghosts and magic. ive never seen a ghost, or any magic, but i believe they exist to some extent. over 80% of the world is religious, my point is, they are religious for a reason. i believe in both science and god.
i believe both of them have valid arguments. but i do not believe that science will ever provide us with a "why". i think that only god can tell us that, and science can only tell us "how". i do not believe in the conventional views of god, like i said, i think it an "it". but i do believe it exists.

until maybe "aliens" show up and show us all how it happened, and im inclined to believe thats not so far off the chain either....hhmmmmmm :?

All I have to say is :78:

:flame:
:gun:

Hindus do not believe in multiple gods. Hindus believe in one gods, and many avatars. Avatars are more similar to demigods or prophets than god(s).

Get your facts straight, and be informed.

I, myself, do not believe in God, but I believe that there is something bigger, unexplored, unknown; something, that comes after death. It might be a God. Or maybe not. I will see.

And if it is the God, then what? ;)
You belive that there is something,
so you know that he exist allready.

This thread has been viewed 88010 times.

Back