Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: What do you think of homosexuality and gay marriage(choose all that apply to you) ?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homosexuality is unnatural and a sin and should be criminalized (not just marriage)

    7 5.34%
  • Homosexuality is unnatural and a sin and gay marriage or civil unions shouldn't be allowed

    10 7.63%
  • Gay marriages shouldn't be allowed, but civil unions are ok

    8 6.11%
  • I don't mind gays but gay marriage should not be allowed as it'd change the meaning of marriage

    16 12.21%
  • Homosexuality cannot be seen as immoral as it is inborn and not a matter of personal choice

    29 22.14%
  • I strongly dislike gays, but think they should have the same rights as anybody else

    0 0%
  • I'm a bit uneasy about gays, but gay rights should be protected in a free society

    14 10.69%
  • I feel comfortable with gays and think gays should have the exact same rights as anybody

    79 60.31%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 218

Thread: What do you think of homosexuality (and gay marriage) ?

  1. #51
    Horizon Rider Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Kinsao's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Location
    England
    Age
    40
    Posts
    592


    Country: United Kingdom





    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant
    So it is entirely possible to love someone while disagreeing with their action.
    I think that's a really important thing. And not just about people being gay or whatnot - other stuff too. It's possible to practice tolerance without having to believe *everything* is right. (Otherwise life would get very confusing because it's not possible to agree with both sides of every debate!)

  2. #52
    The Russian Achievements:
    1 year registered
    rose_of_eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-08-05
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5


    Ethnic group
    Ukrainian
    Country: United States



    Gay marriage should first off be allowed in the US before anywhere else, mainly because this is a free country and each person has a right to express themselves. What if I want the love between my girlfriend and me to be official? Why should someone deny me the right because I'm different? If you look up marriage in a dictionary or online (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=marriage) I see nothing of marriage being a "religious" union, its a legal union, a union by law, its a state institution. People MAY see marriage as a religious practice, but not all of us do, and by definition, it isnt either. I'm sorry but I'm also atheist, so if marriage really IS a religious practice, what, I'm not allowed to get married at all now? That just doesn't make sense. I don't understand why it annoys people so much to see gay and bisexual people. They don't bother you, however you bother them. You express your feelings to your partner, but they're not allowed to. Thats bs... I'm bi, I have a girlfriend right now and I'm more than happy with her, I don't care what people say or do or think, because see, she and I are happy, and they're not, so sucks for them.

  3. #53
    Banned Achievements:
    1 year registered

    Join Date
    08-05-05
    Posts
    154


    Country: United States



    it's an abomination to God.

  4. #54
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

    Join Date
    07-08-05
    Posts
    25


    Country: United States



    You see - just as I said - he's the anti-Jarvis.

  5. #55
    MYV Achievements:
    1 year registered
    isayhello's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-01-05
    Location
    Miyavi-land
    Age
    32
    Posts
    64


    Ethnic group
    Miyavizm
    Country: Sweden



    Gay marriage should be as legal as hetero marriage. There's nothing more to it. Simple as that. Heterosexuals marry. So then, homosexuals will have to marry too, don't they? If they want to. It's outrageous that they can't.

  6. #56
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    how about them adoptin children then ?

  7. #57
    Wanderer Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-08-05
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    35


    Country: Belgium



    Quote Originally Posted by isayhello
    Gay marriage should be as legal as hetero marriage. There's nothing more to it. Simple as that. Heterosexuals marry. So then, homosexuals will have to marry too, don't they? If they want to. It's outrageous that they can't.
    Agreed!

    Quote Originally Posted by jarvis
    it's an abomination to God.
    Desagreed!

    ...what a consructive post, isn't it?

    No, frankly, they have the natural right to love (well, it's naturel for them to love each other, so for me it's just like a natural law), so why shouldn't have the human right to deeply prove their love as we, hetero, do with marriage?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    how about them adoptin children then ?
    ...and that will probably start a painfull discution I would personnaly say "yes", you can...but...I also have two childs, and it's just so hard for me to imagine that such young lifes could miss the presence of a male (or female) during their whole childhood (not speaking about what their school friends would say, at least untill that become usual within mankind (surely not before years and years))...But well, it's perhaps even better for those childs without parents to have two fathers (or two mothers) than nothing...

  8. #58
    DON'T PANIC! Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Tsuyoiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-03-05
    Posts
    979


    Country: United Kingdom



    I think all adoptions should be taken case by case. I don't think gay couples should be excluded from consideration for adoption. My friend has a niece, and if his brother disappeared I know Steve would be the best person to look after that kid, gay or not.

  9. #59
    The Hairy Wookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Mycernius's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-05
    Location
    Hometown of George Eliot
    Age
    49
    Posts
    916
    Points
    21,649
    Level
    44
    Points: 21,649, Level: 44
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    English
    Country: UK - England



    I used to have a real problem with homosexuality when I was younger. Homophobic was probably the best word to use. As I got older my views have changed a lot on the subject. I have gay and bisexual friends, both male and female, and certain held prejudices I have held have been redefined.
    One of them was from a man who said that despite being gay he still had the same preferences when choosing a partner, whether it was male or female. He said the main problem he had come across was that because he was gay everyone assumed that he was after everyman.
    If they are happy with their partner then they should be afforded every right that a hetro couple should have, and that should included marriage. I am still a bit wary a round gay men, probably because I don't know how I would react if they tried to pick me up. I don't know whether I would be flattered or offended. Most likely mumble "I'm straight" and leave redfaced.
    BTW I have always found that people seem to be more comfortable with gay women then men. Is this just me?

  10. #60
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Sensuikan San's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-02-05
    Location
    Nr. Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    76
    Posts
    346


    Ethnic group
    Anglo-Irish-Norse
    Country: Canada



    I dunno what all the bloody fuss is all about!

    Doesn't anybody have anything else to get worried about?

    Has the existence of any "gay" individual ever spoilt your day ... or ruined your life...?

    What's the big deal? .... loss of control?

    ジョン
    If you haven't been a Communist by the time you're 40 - then you don't have a heart.

    If you're still a Communist after the age of forty - you don't have a head ....

    (Denis Healey)

    If you're still a communist after the age of sixty ... you're coming to your senses again ....

    (Sensuikan San)

  11. #61
    Wanderer Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-08-05
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    35


    Country: Belgium



    What's the problem Sensuikan?

  12. #62
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Sensuikan San's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-02-05
    Location
    Nr. Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    76
    Posts
    346


    Ethnic group
    Anglo-Irish-Norse
    Country: Canada







    Precisely as I put in my post ... !

    I don't have a problem with the issue at all!

    I'm just totally confused as to why anyone else considers it an important issue.

    Let everybody get on with their lives! Nobody questioned my wife and I as to wether or not we should marry ...!

    ジョン

  13. #63
    Wanderer Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-08-05
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    35


    Country: Belgium



    I got that point already, and am totally agree with you, so perhaps just permit me to rephrase: what's the problem with people aksing questions about laws as we are doing actually? Letting you live the life you want is a point (and once again, I personally agree with that). Letting people agree or desagree with it, have their own point of view, and discuss it on forums is another point, which should be respected too I think...

  14. #64
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Sensuikan San's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-02-05
    Location
    Nr. Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    76
    Posts
    346


    Ethnic group
    Anglo-Irish-Norse
    Country: Canada





    Yes ... you're quite right.

    ... but forgive me ... I'm a grumpy old guy ....!

    That's my job!

    ... and I gave my opinion ... you may agree or disagree but, as you say, do you not respect it as such?

    ジョン

  15. #65
    Wanderer Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-08-05
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    35


    Country: Belgium



    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuikan San
    ... and I gave my opinion ... you may agree or disagree but, as you say, do you not respect it as such?
    Not at all. It's just that I could not, and even now, find in your original post any constructive contribution to the actual subject. Of course you are free to say you like or don't like this or that, but in a subject as hot as this one, people who are discussing expect more than a "I agree" or "I desagree". And that is obviously, if I correctly understood you, something that you could provide I guess. That's why I reacted to your post, not because of your way of thinking, which is, my I say it again, something I totally agree with.

  16. #66
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Sensuikan San's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-02-05
    Location
    Nr. Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    76
    Posts
    346


    Ethnic group
    Anglo-Irish-Norse
    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoru-kun
    Not at all. It's just that I could not, and even now, find in your original post any constructive contribution to the actual subject. Of course you are free to say you like or don't like this or that, but in a subject as hot as this one, people who are discussing expect more than a "I agree" or "I desagree". And that is obviously, if I correctly understood you, something that you could provide I guess. That's why I reacted to your post, not because of your way of thinking, which is, my I say it again, something I totally agree with.
    Oh dear, Mamoru-kun ... you have me slightly confused, now. But I admire your tenacity !

    It would appear to me that what you are saying is that in your qualified opinion, my response ... is lacking verbosity?

    That - although you agree with my opinion (your words) ... my opinion should not be given respect? That my opinion did not contribute to the discussion because I did not explain each and every factor in detail that contributes or may contribute to me feeling the way I do?

    Do I take it that you are actually being sufficiently arrogant and sufficiently qualified to give me a test?

    Fair enough ... I'll take it!


    Here are my reasons for feeling the way I do ... :-

    Firstly - What's so "hot" about this subject? It's only "hot" to homophobic people as far as I'm aware. Wether or not they are in the majority or not ... I confess I don't know! Truly - I believe that the "majority" agree with you and I - they don't know what all the bloody fuss is about! Even more - I don't think the "majority" give a damn one way or the other!

    That's why you don't ever hear the true views of "the majority" - on this or many other issues!

    So what's all the bloody fuss about?


    Secondly - Homosexuality and Heterosexuality have been around for a year or two now. Both are becoming quite fashionable. I doubt wether either will ever be "stamped out" in the forthcoming future.

    Homosexuality exists because it is perfectly natural among all animal groups (especially, it seeems,the anthropoid apes - including man. and curiously ... geese ...!).

    It's not rational, it makes little sense from the procreative point of view, and yes ... for most heterosexuals it is perhaps objectionable and/or very hard to understand - but it is perfectly natural. Nobody devised it. Nobody designed it. Nobody ever caught it. If you "have" it or "are" it - you can't "pass it on".

    It's far less damaging to society than ..... avian 'flu .....?

    .... So what's all the bloody fuss about?

    Thirdly - If homosexual couples wish to marry - why not? I do not see that a male/male or a female/female relationship should be any different from a male/female relationship. As a heterosexual - I can only assume that the feeling of bonding would be quite comparable, otherwise ... why would they desire the union?

    And if they do choose to marry - do they actually harm another living soul ...?

    No!

    So .... what the hell is all the bloody fuss about?


    So, Mamoro-kun, there are my three basic points to get you started in understanding "wherefrom I come" ...

    Is that sufficiently verbose for you?

    Am I starting to "contribute to the forum"?

    Is that enough ? I do have more .... if you wish .....


    Cordially,

    ジョン


    (If it makes you feel any better - one or two of my comments may have collected me more flak than any Lancaster bomber ever received over Berlin ...! I am standing by to receive ....!)

    P.S. ....I have just reviewed your own post! You didn't say much more than "agreed' or "disagreed" either! Go back and read it !

  17. #67
    Wanderer Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-08-05
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    35


    Country: Belgium



    Haaaa, thanks you, here we are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuikan San
    Firstly - What's so "hot" about this subject? It's only "hot" to homophobic people as far as I'm aware. Wether or not they are in the majority or not ... I confess I don't know! Truly - I believe that the "majority" agree with you and I - they don't know what all the bloody fuss is about! Even more - I don't think the "majority" give a damn one way or the other!

    That's why you don't ever hear the true views of "the majority" - on this or many other issues!

    So what's all the bloody fuss about?
    Well I'm not english native, so I don't understand that "fuss" thing, but if I got your point, I think that such a discution is more and more in front of topics recently because more and more gouvernments tend to discuss about it themselves. That by itself is not enough to explain, but when the medias are around, there the things can get "hot". I mean, in my own country, if I hadn't seen the news speaking about such or such country permitting the marriage between gays, I wouldn't even have wondered if it was something possible. So to answer your question (if I got it well), I guess that such discussions take place not because there is more gays, or they want to marry much often, but because the medias put it in front of news more often. And that makes people naturaly ask themselves questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuikan San
    Secondly - Homosexuality and Heterosexuality have been around for a year or two now. Both are becoming quite fashionable. I doubt wether either will ever be "stamped out" in the forthcoming future.

    Homosexuality exists because it is perfectly natural among all animal groups (especially, it seeems,the anthropoid apes - including man. and curiously ... geese ...!).

    It's not rational, it makes little sense from the procreative point of view, and yes ... for most heterosexuals it is perhaps objectionable and/or very hard to understand - but it is perfectly natural. Nobody devised it. Nobody designed it. Nobody ever caught it. If you "have" it or "are" it - you can't "pass it on".

    It's far less damaging to society than ..... avian 'flu .....?

    .... So what's all the bloody fuss about?
    I heard people saying that it is "not natural", that it is something "choosen" during the childhood. Not beeing a gay myself, I'm not qualified to argue here, but I deply believe that is not true, and that it is more linked to DNA than to anything else. About the fact that it is "natural" or not, well, if it's about human behaviour, I don't see where it could be not natural (being natural things ourselves), so I agree with you there. Unfortunately, as you said, it's not a mentality easy to reach for people who are "affraid" of homosexuality (if I well remember, it's the meaning of homophobic, right?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuikan San
    Thirdly - If homosexual couples wish to marry - why not? I do not see that a male/male or a female/female relationship should be any different from a male/female relationship. As a heterosexual - I can only assume that the feeling of bonding would be quite comparable, otherwise ... why would they desire the union?

    And if they do choose to marry - do they actually harm another living soul ...?

    No!

    So .... what the hell is all the bloody fuss about?
    Marriage seems to bring less problems than adoption. I even feel that marriage between gays is a problem only for catholic (or other religions)'s hetero, because it would change the meaning God (other gods) gave to it. In that situation, of course, except if God himself changes his writings, I don't see any solution to make them accept gay's marriage. About child adoptions, it's quite more difficult I think, because there, we touch a part of the humans being which, until now, seemed to be irrefutable: a child is the result of the union between a male and a female. Well, the fact that two males or two females want to have a child is (or should be), I think, not a problem. But for the child...even I, am not sure to agree with that. I mean, if an adult can bypass bad words said by other people, children usually can't. And childhood is famous for its lack of respect between young people. So I'm just wondering: how would be the life of such children (with two male or female parents) between more "usual" children? I'm afraid that it would soon become hell for him...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensuikan San
    So, Mamoro-kun, there are my three basic points to get you started in understanding "wherefrom I come" ...

    Is that sufficiently verbose for you?

    Am I starting to "contribute to the forum"?

    Is that enough ? I do have more .... if you wish .....


    Cordially,
    Thank you. I just hope that I haven't answered the wrong way. I have to say that you used some english expressions I don't know, so if it's the case, please correct me...

  18. #68
    So....Sleepy...*snore* Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Kuro_Tsubasa69's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-12-03
    Age
    31
    Posts
    15


    Country: United States



    QUESTION: Why would homosexuality be an abomniation to God? I have heard this alot, and i rally want to know what you peoples reason is....Rally.

    (note: haven't read most of the thread...i just wnated to go out and ask my question 1st, 'kay? Thanx.)
    "I don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys 'r us kid"

  19. #69
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Sensuikan San's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-02-05
    Location
    Nr. Vancouver, Canada
    Age
    76
    Posts
    346


    Ethnic group
    Anglo-Irish-Norse
    Country: Canada



    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoru-kun
    Haaaa, thanks you, here we are...

    Thank you. I just hope that I haven't answered the wrong way. I have to say that you used some english expressions I don't know, so if it's the case, please correct me...
    Pas de probleme, mon ami! (Votre lingue...c'est Francais, n'est pas? Pas Flamand?)

    Je crois que votre Anglais soit bien mieux que mon Français ! Alors ... en Anglais...

    No - you answered very well! I fear that we sometimes forget that we are talking to someone who uses a different language .... and we forget the problems associated with that! My apologies to you!

    It seems that we agree on this matter to a great degree! Obviously, all your points are points which I believe to be valid also. And yes ... your understanding of "homophobic" is correct. What more can I say?

    I was interested though, in one point you make ... and I agree with you on this also ... ; the matter of adopted children.

    My first feeling was that it is necessary for any child to be raised with a (male) 'father' and a (female) 'mother' ... but I'm not quite sure that this needs to be so ...

    I know many people of many nationalities (including to a small degree, myself) who have been raised by a single parent - due to death, long absence through war, career demands ... even prison! (No! - my father was at sea most of the time!)

    They are all well balanced folks!

    I think that the desired component is love, and caring.

    I also knowof many who have been brought up by uncaring, lazy, indolent, brutal heterosexual parents - and they became animals, or suicide victims ... or worse!

    If two gays wish to adopt a child - and they can love and care - that's OK with me too!

    Regards,

    John

  20. #70
    Wanderer Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-08-05
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    35


    Country: Belgium



    Mmmm, yes, if we think about the child balance, it is surely better to have him under lovely gay parents than violent "usual" parents. But would it be enough for him to grow "correcty" (society speaking)? Such a child, what kind of vision will he/she have about the "relations" world? Actually, I am almost sure that the environment doesn't makes someone become gay. But for children living with gay parents, would it be the same? We don't have enough background to analyse that I think...

    And by the way, I've been surprised on your french. I thought that american people (sorry, I meant, people living in America continent) don't like so much french people, and so french language (well, except in Quebec of course ). Omedetou!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro_Tsubasa69
    QUESTION: Why would homosexuality be an abomniation to God? I have heard this alot, and i rally want to know what you peoples reason is....Rally.
    Wasn't it just because God said it somewhere in the bible?

  21. #71
    No Longer a Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

    Join Date
    06-03-05
    Location
    Okayama, Japan
    Age
    43
    Posts
    374


    Ethnic group
    Native American
    Country: Japan



    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoru-kun
    Wasn't it just because God said it somewhere in the bible?
    A bit on the Christian beliefs and homosexuality (I'm not Christian).

  22. #72
    Wanderer Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Mamoru-kun's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-08-05
    Location
    Pecrot (Belgium)
    Age
    43
    Posts
    35


    Country: Belgium



    Thanks Revenant!

    Most interpret the Garden of Eden story in the book of Genesis as indicating the fall of humanity into sin. They view homosexual behavior as one evidence of that sin.
    Just a word: WOW! Better to be hetero if God exists...

  23. #73
    Conspiratorialist Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered
    Pachipro's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-01-05
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Age
    64
    Posts
    187


    Ethnic group
    French/Irish
    Country: United States



    I believe that a true gay person is born that way and they have no choice in the matter. I have two experiences from my childhood to prove that point.

    Case 1: I grew up with many boys on our block in New York City and we played the usual games that boys do like baseball and such. However, there was this one boy who seemed different from when we were about 7 or 8 years old. He couldn't play ball or run like the rest of us. When he tried to throw a ball, he threw it like a girl would, and when he tried to run, he ran the way a girl would. He would hang out with us as that is what he was taught and what was expected of him.

    As we grew older and entered puberty he started to become more friendly and to start hanging out with the girls on the block. He seemed more comfortable with them and they liked him. He would jump rope with them and do all the girl things with them. He did try to be a "boy" so to speak and would try to play games with us but it was clear he still acted like a girl. Back then we didn't know anything about gay people, but it is clear now that he was definetly feminine and was born that way.

    Needless to say, as we bacame older and began to understand about life, it was clear that he was gay and he came to understand this also. He was just born that way and had no choice in the matter. That much is very clear to me.

    Case 2: While in grade school there was another boy who was a great dancer in school plays and such and would often become the director of said plays. He was very feminine looking and had the same characteristics as the boy in case one. He was popular with the girls and would always hang out with them and they just loved him. Needless to say he also was gay and was born that way.

    In both cases the boys were Catholic and attended catholic schools. As we got older and began to understand about sexuality the others would make fun of them behind their backs and call them "queer" or "faggot" or some other derogotory name. I always felt sorry for them as I somehow underestood that it wasn't their choice and I was practically the only male who befriended them. They never made a pass at me nor did they speak of it. After grade school we went our seperate ways.

    These two were born that way and I'm sure their only interest were other males as they were just too feminine. But, on the other hand, there are other people in this world of ours who make it a choice. These may be what are called bi-sexuals who like both sexes for the sheer pleasure of sex regardless of gender. They can be completely happy having sex with a male, a female, or both at the same time. Does this make them weird or someone to be looked down upon? In my opinion no. Whoever one has sex with, it is their choice and no one should pass judgement on them if they are not hurting another person or a minor.

    Homosexuality has been around since the dawn of mankind, will be around till the end and is prevalent in all animal species. We can't stop it nor shoud we. Isn't it written in the bible, "Judge not lest ye be judged"? It's really a shame that so-called Christians cannot follow what God is saying to them in their own bible. Seems hypocritical to me. Besides, the Bible was written by MAN and not God and was revised so many times to suit certain needs or a certain King's needs that who knows what is really the truth?
    Do What You Love And You'll Never Work Another Day In Your Life!

  24. #74
    Conspiratorialist Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered
    Pachipro's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-01-05
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Age
    64
    Posts
    187


    Ethnic group
    French/Irish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Mamoru Kun
    Citation:
    Post・par Kuro_Tsubasa69
    QUESTION: Why would homosexuality be an abomniation to God? I have heard this alot, and i rally want to know what you peoples reason is....Rally.
    Wasn't it just because God said it somewhere in the bible?
    Thanks Revenant!


    Quote:
    Most interpret the Garden of Eden story in the book of Genesis as indicating the fall of humanity into sin. They view homosexual behavior as one evidence of that sin.
    Just a word: WOW! Better to be hetero if God exists...
    If I remember correctly, I think I was taught in Catholic school that, "God doesn't make any junk." If that is the case, why would people be born gay? Would God actually make someone gay just so he/she could be critisized and ostrasized by society in this world? If that is the case then God has a sick sense of humor in my opinion and is not really a loving God who loves all his so-called children unconditionally as I was taught.

    If God did say it in the Bible why is it that alot of Catholic priests are homosexual and prey on young minor boys? Are they not going against the teachings of the Bible? I am not ashamed to admit that I was molested by a Catholic priest who was a friend of the family when I was about 14. Back then he used the excuse that he wanted me to help him rake leaves at his summer house in New Jersey. Being naieve I went along with him. At 14 I suspected that he was a little feminine by the way he talked and the way he looked, but I was not sure. Surely he couldn't be gay being a catholic priest I remember thinking.

    After we raked the leaves he said that we should take a shower. He asked me to undress and escorted me to the shower. I could tell by the way that he looked at me naked that something was not right. I showered alone. After the shower he took one and said afterwards that we should take a nap. As we lay in the bed with towels around us I sensed that something was not right so I pretended to fall asleep. It was then that he removed my towel and took my penis in his mouth. I was terrified as I knew that this was not right and that he was indeed gay. I didn't know what to do at the time so I pretended to stay asleep.

    To be honest, as I had never had any sexual contact before this, I was both aroused and revolted at the same time. I was so confused. I knew this was not what I wanted and soon became limp and he gave up on that. Then he turned me over and tried to enter me from behind. Then I was really terrified. I puckered up really tight and still pretended I was asleep. After a little while he became limp and gave up.

    For about the next hour I pretended I was asleep while mulling over in my mind what had just happened. I knew he was gay, but was so confused as he was a priest and I knew that this wasn't right and it wasn't what I wanted. After a while he went downstairs and I pretended to awake later on. I said nothing and neither did he. He took me to dinner and then took me home.

    I never said anything about that encounter as I was afraid. Who would believe me? As he was a friend of the family I didn't want to cause any trouble and I didn't even know at the time that what he did was against the law. I didn't say anything to my parents until I was about 30 and still they found it hard to believe. It was only after it became national news in the US that I found out that I wasn't the the only one. I was one of perhaps tens of thousands of boys who were taken advantage of by Catholic priests.

    Did it affect me mentally? No. I knew it wasn't right as I got older, but I never let it bother me as he was gay and I was not and nothing really happened. I let it slide and never pressed charges when I really understood what was going on. I discovered later on that he died in about 1980 from a stroke. Quite young. I think he was about 50 when he died.

    Do I fault him for what he did? Yes I do. Especially for taking advantage of a minor and trying to rape me. What he did was wrong even though I feel he was born that way. However, he should've been mature enough to find an adult male for his pleasure. But I also blame the Catholic church more than anything for not letting priests to marry and for covering up the rampant homosexuality among their priests. It was a feeding ground for gay men to become priests and prey on young boys in their school or parrish. Where does it say in the bible that priests cannot marry? It was probably some gay Pope who came up with that law. Surely not God.

    So why are Catholics/Christians so against homosexuality when it is so rampant in their churches? And why is it better to be hetero if God exists when his own priests are raping and taking advantage of minor boys?

    I don't think it matters to God one way or the other, if he exists. He gives all humans free will with no interference from him, and it is us humans who have to face the consequences of our actions after this life whatever that may be. But it surely it isn't to suffer in hell for all eternity. No loving God would do that to his "children".
    Last edited by Pachipro; 23-09-05 at 20:28.

  25. #75
    No Longer a Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

    Join Date
    06-03-05
    Location
    Okayama, Japan
    Age
    43
    Posts
    374


    Ethnic group
    Native American
    Country: Japan



    That is one harsh experience you went through. You're ability to reason it out and stay more objective is pretty impressive I think.

    I do think that something about the system of priests does attract the wrong kind of people, and I don't think it has anything to do with the teachings of Christianity.

    The idea of not having a wife comes from a verse that says it would be better to not have a wife, but that were one to have a wife, the person hasn't done wrong.

    In another verse, it says it is better that one marry, than be consumed with passion.

    In short, I think the idea was that if one could focus on serving God without a wife, then one should do that, but if one couldn't focus, then it would be better to marry.

    Even in the time I considered myself a Christian, I disagreed strongly with the banning of same sex marriage. All things, as according to Christ, had to be sincere, and sincere also meant in thought. One couldn't follow a rule, but desire differently in their mind 'if you lust over a woman, you have committed adultery with her in her heart'.

    I thought that from that, a gay must decide for himself/herself that they must give up their lifestyle. They would really are no different from the priests and nuns who sincerely do remain abstinent.

    If a Christian can follow their chosen morality without pushing it on others, or judging others for not doing the same, then I see nothing wrong with their belief. It doesn't seem a rational one, but it would then be along the same lines as a fighter who never had sex, just cause he thought sex would take away from his ability to focus.

    I don't think all Christians, Muslims, or Judaists (is that the right word?) can be faulted with being judgemental.

    Lastly, if a gay were to choose to give up the lifestyle, it could be possible to still be happy, just as the Dalai Lama, nuns, priests, and Gandhi also gave up sex and were/are able to remain happy people.

    I don't know about your examples of gays, as I did see some very athletic and masculine gays in Vancouver, gays who could pass for musclebound rednecks in an instant. I think part of the 'femininity' I saw in Vancouver was partly 'cultural'. The gays learned how to talk with a lisp, how to move like a gay, like people who joined gangs learned how to act like gangsters.
    Last edited by Revenant; 24-09-05 at 06:43.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is homosexuality a reflection of society ?
    By Maciamo in forum Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 20-08-14, 14:05
  2. Homosexuality VS Autism
    By Maciamo in forum Psychology
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-02-14, 19:23
  3. Marriage
    By smoke in forum Other Serious Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-14, 16:42
  4. Bestiality vs Child Sex vs Homosexuality vs Incest
    By Silverbackman in forum Opinions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-06-13, 04:44
  5. Same sex marriage in the EU
    By Michael Folkesson in forum EU politics & government
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-02-10, 19:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •