What do you think of homosexuality (and gay marriage) ?

What do you think of homosexuality and gay marriage(choose all that apply to you) ?

• I strongly dislike gays, but think they should have the same rights as anybody else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Right, so after you take your little jab at me you conveniently want to get "back on topic." Sure, why not?

No jab intended. Again did I say something that offended you? I thought you were sounding offended- exasperated and comming off a bit hostile-- that's all. If I am wrong, just say so and I will back off. Believe me, I am not trying to antagonize or offend you, nor am I arguing with you. If you want to continue this side discussion we can start another thread.

I though the original topic was interesting though.

I ALREADY said I was NOT being hostile. But if you keep pushing then I soon will be.

Thread closed temporarily. I suppose, a cooling period is required.

& open again. Please keep it civil from now on. Thanks.

Last edited:
So what do you think???

Maciamo said:
As a continuation of the threads about gay marriage, I'd like to survey where people stand on this issue, including those who haven't expressed themselves so far.
please read those posts to know my view on the issue :
Is homosexuality natural (genetical, inborn) ?
Can immoral sexual behaviours be criminalized ?
Gay marriage in other countries than the US
Please read this before voting, or you might not understand fully the issues at stake.

Back to business...thank you Bossel...I will hold my tongue:blush: :souka:

I think that if 2 people want to get married, it shouldn't matter. I mean does it really have an effect on you day-to-day life? besides, is our country not a free one, with the motto free to persue life, liberty and the persuite of happiness? if happiness is to them marrying someone of the same sex then so be it, because you are not being forced to do that. If you think about it, this isn't so different as people fleeing thier country to come here to practice their own religion? I mean, sure it isn't what you believe or like, but it is a personal decision. I feel that the freedom is the beauty of the US, but freedom should be freedom. freedom of religion, freedom of love, life, and freedom to choose who you want to spend your life with.

I think homosexuality is acceptable. Homosexuality is just like hetereosexuality. The only problem it has expierenced is because of religion.

Homosexuality does have some history behind it. It has been accepted in many cultures open to it. But if you really think about it has always been a recreational sexual activity like oral or anal sex. In that regard I am totally ok with it and in my opinion; anyone can be bi if they really broke taboo barriers. Never however has it been thought of as the same accord as straight relationships.

Modern western countries seem to get the wrong idea of homosexuality saying that is an equal to heterosexuality. But this clearly was not Mother Nature's intent as Nature intended all recreational activities just pleasurable pre-sex for the main sexual activity of intercourse for offspring.

Homosexuality does exist in large numbers in a species of chimpanzee called bonobos (pygmy chimps). Bonobos are the only non-human animal that engages in homosexual sex on a daily basis, though to them it is recreational only.

So homosexuality seems to be normal enough as far as recreational sex goes, but it doesn't make much sense to link it to a tradition that predates religion and homo sapiens and may even began back when homo erectus walked the Earth (humans being one of the only primates along with gibbons to be mostly monogamous).

Live and let live I say. Everyone should have their pick of what they want for themselves. Ideally of course. It's very difficult to beat centuries of indoctrination.

I've no problem with gay people. I find them fun to be with.

Silverbackman said:
Nature intended all recreational activities just pleasurable pre-sex for the main sexual activity of intercourse for offspring.
You mean all recreational sex-related activities? :souka: I enjoy a spot of table tennis but it never occurred to me to think it was pre- any sexual activity!! :lol:

I feel like I really missed out on something... :( :giggle:

Without religious reference or inference from design or function, how could we know what "nature intended" with any certainty?

Totally agree with gay marriage. People have to find your happiness must be mad to marry, but marry the person you choose must have the same right as heterosexual or homosexual, same responsibilities, same rights.

I think that every intolerant shoud put him/herself in front of a mirror and ask him/herself why does he/she hate homosexual people ---> Why are they homophobic? Because if someone doesn't want to give to other people the basic rights to live their lives freely just because they are "different", it means that thay are intolerant and that they hate them.

What I ask is...Is it so much difficult to let everyone live his/her life? Even if someone think that it's wrong and it's not natural..Until they don't damage anyone...What's the problem?

If there was less sexual repression, it would be a better world. That's for sure. :p

The fear of strange, different, unfitting, or deformed people has evolutionary past. We are social creatures, and we are the product of the strongest groups/tribes of our ancestors. Obviously homosexuality wasn't the trait that made groups strong therefore wasn't accepted and we are paying price for it now in our liberal societies of today. The traits that made groups united and strong were spiritual/religion, arts/dances/group activities, fashion/traditions, heroism/sacrifices in war, cooperation/sharing, communication/peace within tribe, pride of your tribe/origin related to egocentricity (precursors of nationalism and racism),to name important once.
By negative behavior of most people toward homosexuality, one can deduct that homosexuality was more of a spoiler of the group coherence than a building block, hence having a tough time to become accepted even in today's free world. It also might be a side-effect of fear of anything or anyone that is different than average group norm.
The simplest way to get away with this problem is to educate new generations that homosexual people are valid, full members of our society, our group. If it is all us, there is no they.
The same group instinct that divides groups/nations, can be used to unite, if we all believe that we belong to only one group. There will be no hated "they", it will be only "we".

I personally a traditional man, don't like gays because from my point of view it's mistake of nature. With gays one big problem, they constantly trying to spend their damned parades, it must suppressed. Public advertisement of homosexuality in times when exist a problem with birth rate is unacceptable.

I personally a traditional man, don't like gays because from my point of view it's mistake of nature. With gays one big problem, they constantly trying to spend their damned parades, it must suppressed. Public advertisement of homosexuality in times when exist a problem with birth rate is unacceptable.

Do you believe everything you have said?

Totally, you have a problem?

I have some problems, who does not?, but now is not the time nor the place. Returning to the thread, the issue is that homosexuals may be thinking like you but in reverse, and equally hate the homophobic, do believe that homosexuals are not capable of hate and dislike the same way as you hate them?

Homosexuality is not only a human phenomenon. So far there are 500 spieces of animals indentified having homosexual behaviour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

Should we discourage them all from homosexuality?

From scientific point of view there have to be an easy mutation, or one of many mutations/combination in genome that can lead to many forms of homosexuality.
You can have overproduction of wrong hormones in your body making you look like a man, but feeling like a women, or vice versa. You can have female brain in male body, you can have some sections of brain mistakenly wired.
For example, if you are strictly heterosexual man, when you hit puberty and you saw a naked woman, you got instant erection. Nobody had to teach you how beautiful and exciting female body is, did they?
It is a very distinct, very primitive, very ancient wiring in your brain that gives you instant and automatic sexual excitement, and enjoyment when you see a naked women, not even mentioning a beautiful naked woman, hehe. Same goes for scents, sounds and touching inducing automatic arousal.
Now, if you (assuming, you’re a man) have this simple brain connection messed up and actually your brain connects beauty of man's body with sexual excitement, then you are a homosexual. It really could be simple like this. One faulty wiring in your brain can define who you desire.
To make things interesting one can have double wiring for sexual excitation. One can get sexually attracted to both sexes, therefore engage in sex with both sexes. Some researchers define sexuality as a spectrum, and not simply as two forms homo or hetero. For examples, you can like women but sometimes you can find a handsome man that can lead you astray.

With today's science we know that certain shapes, textures, colour patterns are hard wired in our brains. Whatever was extremely important in our ancestors’ lives is engraved in our brains to make our lives simpler, to give us advantage in our lives. We don’t need to lose time learning basic things, we can act faster if we are born with this knowledge. It can save our lives.
These shapes and patterns that we see, our brain analyzes. Once it fits obvious forms, the ones hard wired in our brain, it gets sent to emotional center of our brain, which is called Amygdala. At this point you will feel emotions that mach the hard wired patterns.
For example, most kids when they see bugs, spiders (even first time in their lives) they will shout, run away, get repulsed. It is an automatic, emotional reaction according to pre-programmed/hard wired function in their brains, based on visual cues.
When seeing and hearing of close thunder, everybody gets scared.
When you see naked mammalian teeth and hear growl, you know the animal is angry, and you have to back off,.
When you taste something sweet, you like it and want more.
Seeing green colour gives you peace.
Sitting around flickering fire gives you pleasure.
When man sees female body it gives him sexual pleasure and excitement, and vice versa.
Nobody has to teach us these things, they are not cultural, they are hard wired and natural things. It is a very ancient adaptation that manifests itself as an automatic reaction, we call it instinct.

Therefore if man gets exited seeing other man, or woman seeing other woman, it is easy to prove that this phenomenon has to be hardwired but in form of faulty wiring. Homosexuality is not cultural, it is not learned. It looks more like a common, natural mutation in one of few places that can easily occur on our genome. On top of it it's very common among other spices pointing ever stronger that it's genetic, and not cultural.

Well, in this case most of us, overwhelmingly heterosexual men and women, what can we do with it, or should we, or even are we able to?

Should we reform daltonists so they can see all colours like most of us do?
Should we lock bold people in hospitals, so we don’t look at them with pity?
Should we hide people with down syndrome, so our kids won’t point fingers at them?
Homosexuality is a genetic condition, same as boldness or daltonism, nothing we can do about this. No amount of ridiculing will change their sexual orientation.
You don’t need to worry, they won’t pull you or your kids to the “other side”. If your kid is born straight it will remain straight to the end of his/her life, and conversely if it’s born homosexual nothing you can do to change it.
Why not living peacefully together in a free world? :cool-v:

You can not force someone to produce and raise children if the person doesn't want to. It is the same problem with forcing young people to produce children for society, when they know it will be a ruin of their career in a place that lacks good jobs and demands for years of studying, practice and training, plus a child creates an additional poverty threat!
I'm not even sure if a gay father would be the best dad for a child.

I'm undecided whether gay marriage should be allowed or not, because as mentioned above, it would change the meaning of marriage. With other rights for homosexuals I see no problem.

This thread has been viewed 141244 times.

Back