What do you think of homosexuality (and gay marriage) ?

What do you think of homosexuality and gay marriage(choose all that apply to you) ?

• I strongly dislike gays, but think they should have the same rights as anybody else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The principal is to compare the speech of each group:
The gays say: "we want a normal life, like heteros"
The homosphobes say: "Gays don't have the right to live a normal life like heteros"

Wich group is the most intolerant?

PS:
Sorry for my basic english...

Your English is fine, there is no need to apologize.

What people say is not important, ask yourself what they need.

If you can answer a homophobe's or a homosexual's need you soon find the argument stops immediately. When people feel not listened to they tend to shout from the rooftops. Shouting is aggressive and disrespectful, it results in similar behavior from opposing sides.

There is an irrationality in what fanatical homophobes and homosexual groups express, namely that they feel they will only be satisfied once the extreme opposition accepts their views, this is the view of both sides, hence the argument rages on relentlessly.

But tolerance is a human value...

Like xenophobia?
I agree, we don't have the same values and i'm glad of it...

Xenophobia is a too much radical word here, it can't be used. If a group of neo-Nazis gathered together, armed by sticks and iron bars and went to beat the homosexualists then they can be called as "intolerant xenophobes" etc... But nobody can hang such "labels" on ordinary people who simply resent seeing the spread of homosexual values in society.

Tolerance is too, the ambiguous word. If a mosquito just flying around and don't touch me and I don't touch him then we are tolerant to each other. But when the mosquito sits on my hand and tries to bite then any tolerance is over. Tolerance in this case turns into a self-masochism.

2rczutfkglkk.jpg

Tolerance is needed for the coexistence of different groups within the country, but it should be built on mutual respect otherwise it makes no sense.

Also I think that the grow of homosexual tendencies in the western countries is connected with furious feminism since 60s. The females in the west had only one way to get more or less the same rights as males - the way of public protests and struggle for rights on the wave of mass enthusiasm about liberalism and fighting against racism. But at some point the feminist activist-careerists crossed an invisible red line, they started too fiercely oppress their own men. As a result the grow of "feminine boys", gays, lesbians, manlike-amazon type of females etc... That's abnormal imbalances inside of society, very dangerous thing.
In Russia communists in 20s established gender equality according to their "homogeneous classless society" ideology by fiat, it was even slightly pro-female. For example if the family is divorced then children stayed with mother, Soviet power was on the side of the mother; If a woman has committed a crime then she received less punishment than a male for similar crime, plus communist general equalization system etc... That tradition for 70 years of communism firmly entered into our life and we had not that feminist mood in 60s.

I have no problem with homosexuality, as long as it doesn't become compulsory.

I feel very comfortable with gay people, I think they should have the same rights :giggle:
Those who discriminate gays don't seem to realize that they might have homosexual children one day, or grandchildren, members of their family, friends... don't they want them to be happy, free and safe? :disappointed:

Those who discriminate gays don't seem to realize that they might have homosexual children one day, or grandchildren, members of their family, friends... don't they want them to be happy, free and safe? :disappointed:
I guess, they don't think it is going to happen to them, because they will raise kids properly. :)

Well, many of them are destined to have some surprises and call into question their beliefs!

Some persons I believe just have a genetic propensity to be homosexual.

sorry if i said some inappropriate things it is the only way to make my point. please to abolish my account i said these things because their what make my argument.

No one is born gay it is gay people use the same hormones and same behavior as straight people. gay men use testosterone they have the same behavior(i dont want to get specific) as straight men. They dont have some strange sexuality with diff hormones they also dont have a woman's sexuality. it does not matter if a man has less testosterone or more estrogen than average he uses his balls, pennis, and testosterone for sexual suff. If a man has testosterone, balls, pennis he is straight not gay those body parts are made for many things one of them having sex with a human female not other men and this is how humans and other species reproduce. If a man humps another man that is a clear sign he is straight because that is made for reproducing. If a man uses testosterone, pennis, and balls for something that is not a human female that is unnatural and perverted and a sin.

The same goes for gay females they have the same sexual behavior as straight females they are just using it on women when they should be using it in men.

In evolution homosexualty is one of the worst things for a species. Think about it a gene that does not allow some members to reproduce reproduction is the key thing for s species survival. If a homosexual gene popped up there would be two different ones for men and women also it would be killed off by natural selection because homosexuals would not reproduce. Also it would be extremely recessive like red hair. my uncle and aunt both have brown hair but had two redhead kids but if redheads stop reproducing eventualley red hair would die out. My brown haired aunt and uncle got the red hair gene from past redheads who reproduced so if homosexuals did not reproduce the gene would die out.

also i dont see how a homo gene would pop up. how could a man use testosterone, pennis and other things made to be attracted to women and somehow get a gene that totally goes against natural selection that makes him want to do the reproductive processes with a another man. and how could another gene do the same for woman on woman. that sounds very impossible to me mainly the natural selection and hormone parts.

I think homosexuality can easily be explained in psychology. It is not a surprise sexuality towards the same human gender is more common than towards animals(which does exist). Because humans are very social we spend alot of time together our same geneder has some of the same features as the oppiste gender so it would make sense some people would pervert and be attracted to the same gender. Also people treat it like a new thing which would add another reason why it is more tempting.

In my opinon homosexuality is not natural at all and is a sin. i dont really think people of the same gender should marry like i said it is unnatural and is unmoral. but then people say america is made to let people do whatever they want. No that is not true that does not mean u against or natural sexulaity and live a perverted life.

As long as it doesn't become compulsory, I have no problems.

Besides biblical accounts involving the village of Sodam, I see no reason who homosexuality be a problem. At this point in history I think it's politically safer to be going after the opposite gender if you can help it until the negative hatred dies down.

Just to point out that it isn't strictly marriage. It is called a civil partnership.

Homosexuality is just a form of sexual behaviour, and should be respected as any other such behaviour. Any sexual behaviour involving consenting adults is of equal validity and deserves the equal respect. The right of two consenting adult people to marry (regardless of their sex), should be considered universal. The right to adopt children (if other proper criteria are met), also.

I don't really think homosexuality is a choice, you are born this way and it's not fair to be judged, I personally have lots of gay friends and they are wonderful people, so why shouldn't they have the same rights as we have?

I am fine with homosexuality. Closest friend is a gay guy (I am a woman). But let a child decide or his/herself don't force it down their throats cause it's the newest fad to be gay.

Fostering seconardy ideas, such as transgender on preteen kids, is also bit much nowadays. Let THEM decide what they are.

I am quite sure if I was a teen today many people would say I am gay or trans due to how I acted growing up. I was a tomboy - wore boys clothes, played predominantly boy sports, climbed trees, mucked about in cars, helped out in home & car repairs (where I work maintenance jokes I should be doing their job because guess what I am more than capable of restarting a furance, more than capable of changing flat tires, etc.) & all around couldn't careless for girlie things (to me they were a waste of time). I am not gay or trans. It was a phase. I am a woman who doesn't need makeup but goes to work in skirts & dresses and who is only interested in men. If my parents had shoved the gay/trans down my throat rather than let me decide for myself they may have ruined my life.

I don't really think homosexuality is a choice, you are born this way and it's not fair to be judged, I personally have lots of gay friends and they are wonderful people, so why shouldn't they have the same rights as we have?

A close friend is bi, so he likes men & he likes women. I do not believe he was born to be sexually assaulted as a 4 year old, do you?

And that is what many who laud the born-this-way don't see the big picture or think to ask yhe delicate questions of was someone who is gay abused. People assaulted by pedophiles have a tendency to become one themselves, people raised in abusive households tend to be abusive, etc.

Life is complex, humans are complex. As much as the more sheep-minded, go with whatever trend is popular/don't make waves/go with the flow, would like to believe we are individuals and *many* factors shape what we become.
Such is why I don't buy the born-this-way claim of many issues because if people were indeed born this way then nothing would change & yet drunkard parents won't necessarily have drunkard children, abusive parents may not have abusive children, etc. And gay parents may not have gay children.

I don't see a problem with homosexuality...it is just someone loving another person. I've never understood why people get offended by it (besides indoctrination).

Let people love who they love and mind your business! Life is too short to be worried about such trivial things...

Gay marriages shouldn't be allowed.

This thread has been viewed 141228 times.

Back