How am I responsible?!?!?!

mecharmor23,

Why can't asians get along on these forums??

If you look closely, I think you'll see that it's not just Asian people who can't get along. (Take a look at the Bush threads.) Aside from that, I disagree. More people are getting along here than there are fighting, including Asian people. If you go looking for discontent, you will always find it.

Have you witnessed asians actually getting together regardless of nationality?? Do they fight?

Yes I have witnessed many Asian people expressing solidarity between East-Asian nations. I suggest you go to a UCAN meeting on a college campus.

Anyone from one of these countries can name change, learn the culture and language of the other side and nobody on the other side will notice you as the "enemy" or as the forumers on japantoday would like to call it.

You might be a little off, but I think I agree with your point here. That mindless fighting you describe is ignorant.

From my observations on the internet, it appears that at least 80% of the people from all across the internet hate the chinese as a race. No doubt the figure in real life could be as high as 87-90% of the 6 billion people that absolutley wants to destroy the chinese as a race. Can you debunk that 90% figure?? I have yet to visit an asian forum where chinese arent hated.

I can understand how you feel, but remember, the internet doesn't accurately reflect reality. It's ridiculous to say that 87-90% of 6 billion people hate Chinese people. There is no need to debunk your figure since it's no more than your guess.

Remember, if I wanted to know why A hates B, and went posting comments about A, chances are some would see and reply back, reinforcing your own assumptions. Don't believe everything you read, and don't give up hope. If you feel you are being treated unfairly here, notify a moderator (like me), refrain from making personal attacks, and we'll do what we can to solve the problem.

:sorry:

Mecharmor- I hear your frustration. Anti-asian sentimate can run high, but I think you can find a lot of places where it is not that prevalent. (College campuses, the technical and profesional world, SoCal's southbay, and the bay area) In the US most people that look at me can't tell what my ethnic background is. My best friend is half Korean. My other friend is Chinese. His Girlfriend is Vietnamese. My sensei is Puero Rican/Filipino. My wife is Creole/Mexican. We all get along fine.

I wouldn't go to Wisconsin right now though. Anti-Hmong feelings are running high.

I don't think chinese-racism is common here in Sweden. I had never heard that the chinese exerienced racism often until now.

Do you know why the chinese are so hated?? I mean the chinese are more hated then the jews. (no offence meant to the jewish people btw)

I Go For The ....

"FEAR FACTOR"!! We don't want to admit we are afraid of something, so we deside we hate rather than fear.

Frank

:blush:

I never heard anyone really say I hate chinese ppl, maybe chinese are made fun of often, yes, but hated, I've not encountered this often

It is new to me, in Italy most of the people ignore chinese....so no bad feeling no good feelings....We have more problems from people that come from ex comunist nations many not all of course are in drugs prostitutions rubberies etc...
The chinese community is very closed adn has not many relations with italians
only commercial or administrative....nothing else they live their life and does not
partecipate to the italian life.
Sometime some of them kill other chinese most with knife....normally they do not disturb italians.
Why Asia cannot be like Europe....the answer is simple we do not have comunist
governements...meanwhile there you have China Vietnam and north Korea.
Actually would be only some asians dream...the solution would be that all Asia
became red under the China control, but I do not think japanese thais and south koreans would accept such extreme solution....
Have you another solution as to have like us an european parlament and only one money Euro, and Shengen ????
Shengen agreement (no frontiers between european nations
the passport control will be done in the first nation you visit...than only when you leave the E.U. eg you arrive in Spain they will contro passport and visa
than you could travel to Italy and France withou controls arriving in Germany and
leaving you will have the final documents control)...open frontiers.

ippolito said:
It is new to me, in Italy most of the people ignore chinese....so no bad feeling no good feelings....We have more problems from people that come from ex comunist nations many not all of course are in drugs prostitutions rubberies etc...

Ah yes, that is common in Europe, but let's not forget that these people knew nothing about such things before, we have to remember who taugh them, and also who is the demand for drugs and prostitution, it's a 2-way problem, I think :souka:

Well I do get alot of anti-chinese stuff here::

http://forum.japantoday.com/forumid_61/tt.htm

Besides, scam victims are too often chinese and those guys from multi level marketing guys especially loves picking on the fresh on board chinese who have little knowledge of foreign systems. Scams give us asians a really bad image because the guy at the top who always sends the underlings to do their dirty work.

You can also go here www.xwma.org I keep hearing, "chinese this"" and "chinese that" constantly. we are always the blame.

sgt. Pepper said:
I don't think chinese-racism is common here in Sweden. I had never heard that the chinese exerienced racism often until now.
I'll just go ahead and verify that.
Our racism is mostly towards arabs.

I have some chinese neighbours... really nice people, but so timid... the entire family looks at me like I'll devour them, and I'm neither big nor threatening.

I thought chinese were timid as well, until they started saying stuff about me :?

This thread has been viewed 23219 times.

Back