Anyone experienced internet aggression?

bobo25

Reaction score
Hello, I am a student from the UK and am trying to research experiences of online aggression (flaming). I am posting here as I was wondering if anyone would be willing to answer my flaming questionnaire, all nationalities welcome.

The questionnaire can be found at

http://ess.ntu.ac.uk/sutton/formfiles/ee209000/flaming.htm

(if people experience problems submitting the questionnaire you could email me your answers in a text document to [email protected])

Feedback so far from participants is that the questionnaire is very interesting and doesn't take too long.

Please take the time to see for yourself what it is about, I would be very grateful.

Thank you :)

uh huh. and i'm conducting a questionnaire about what you think of my middle finger.

,,|,,

sounds like an interesting area of research, let me know how that one turns out! :)

forum agression, eh?

If the threads haven't all been deleted by mods, you can look around this forum for stuff written by Kochisho. He was a very agressive member a while ago.

Interesting survey, let us know the conclusion ok? ;)

Hello, Mr. *****y *******t:

I responded to your questionnaire with some enthusiasm.
At the end of the questionnaire, I had trouble finding my own country.

KOREA.
SOUTH KOREA.
REPUBLIC OF KOREA.

None of these was to be found.
I am not a little disappointed by this fact.

I completed the questionnaire out of love for scientific advancement,
so I chose something.
I chose UK, but I am not British, as you see.

However unintentional it may have been, I feel insulted by this fact.
Quite an irony, isn't it?

I suggest you try to fix this error with your service provider.
I would appreciate your correcting this EMBARASSING ERROR.

Sincerely

You'll find more specimens of netrage in unmoderated corners of the net. Usenet springs instantly to mind. I've witnessed at least one death threat against a person's entire family. And I know of net stalkers who do their damnedest to disrupt other people's families, get them kicked out of university, or get them fired from their jobs. Moderated places like this are very tame by comparison.

I Find.....

"Road Rage" much more fun, it's more "hands-on" type rage. Doing a bumper nudge at 65MPH and seeing the "enemy car" go crashing & rolling off the road is such a warm feeling ! And power windows make shooting at the other driver much easier, 4 areas of aim are now available. Tracer ammo means you can go for the gas tank and score a flaming beauty.
I'm designing a program to send a CPU bomb to another's PC to compleately destroy it. If I get it worked out, I may give up on "Road Rage" and switch to internet hits.

Frank

:blush:

Frank, can I remind you...

you're totally off topic?
But I have to admit I enjoyed reading it.
It reminded me of the exhiliaration I had watching MadMax.
Now I have a problem.
All my rage is gone, and I feel completely lost without it.
What shall I do?

Sorry !!

lexico said:
you're totally off topic?
But I have to admit I enjoyed reading it.
It reminded me of the exhiliaration I had watching MadMax.
Now I have a problem.
All my rage is gone, and I feel completely lost without it.
What shall I do?

My dementia & early alzheimer's sometimes lead me astray?

The Crazy Ol Guy!

Frank

:p :eek:kashii: :blush:

~Bump~

I think the things people say on the internet is by far ruder than in face to face situations.:eek:kashii:

However it is not the case in this forum though, this is one of the most decent forums I have seen in my years of online experiences.:)

On the other board I post on regularly, I encounter aggression from people every now and then. Fortunately I have the option of banning them. :evil: Options are nice.

This thread has been viewed 13443 times.

Back