Classical music Which classical composers do you know ?

I love Haendel and Tchaikovski. Actually when I was younger (and my fingers worked better) I played (or at least attempted) many of their pieces. Too bad my boys don't like the classics. They are more into Jazz...but still quite good none the less!

Glenn said:
Well, I think of that one as the "Ode to Joy" Symphony, and I'm not very fond of that movement. But since you are so adamant about it I'll give it another shot. :)

It is and I understand. I am and you should. I hope you do enjoy it more!

Animus facit nobilem

I used to hate Bach when I still studied playing the piano but now I don't anymore - go figure. I think my favourites from the list are Saint-Saens, Debussy (definitely) and Bach. Also Vivaldi and Chopin are nice.

Haendel
Haydn
Mozart
Beethoven
Chopin
(Johann) Strauss
Holst
Tchaikovski
Debussy
Shostakovich
JS Bach
Pachelbel
I listen more to wind ensemble composers like Mark Camphouse, Percy Grainger, Gustav Holst and Alfred Reed, but I absolutely love Mozart. Turkish Rondo is one of the best of his works.

i dont listen much but i think Beethoven is very good.

I've heard of a lot of these composers and their songs because I'm in my school orchestra..I play violin and I really like piano, but I never learned how to play..I really like classical music..and I also have to say that one of my favorite composers in Nobuo Uematsu ^^

Every single one of them, but I am a classical music nut. I much prefer Baroque rather than the later romance. I am also fond of the Russian composers. One of my favourite pieces is the Finale music to Swan Lake. Put it on and turn up the volume. I defy anyone not to like this loud, emotional, powerful piece. From its quiet begining it just builds and build until the entire orchestra is going and finsihes in full forte with the brass at full volume as the final crashes to a dramatic end. Honestly I can feel exhausted after lsiening to it. Briiliant, absolutely love it.

Those who music I can consciously recall having heard are the ones I voted for--some 10 or so. Although I do like classical music, I have not gone deeply into it in the sense of buying albums and CDs and such. I did play the piano and the violin in highschool--as well as trumpet in the band--and have known some from that. (after I moved to Arizona, my piano and violin skills and remembered songs faded slowly into history)

On the guitar, I simply don't do Classical nor Flemingo--I do easy listening, blues, and accoustic rock (or blues rock).

I only listed the composers whose music I would recognize and be able to attach the composers name to.

Vivaldi
Haendel
Mozart
Beethoven
Mendelssohn
Holst
Tchaikovski
JS Bach
Dvorak

Started out as a young kid taking a real liking to Tchaikovsky, Dvorak, and Mendelssohn.

Father had a Holst CD, something about planets, anyways it fit my interest in Sci-Fi while I was young.

Vivaldi and Bach, depending on the instruments and how it is arranged, are the only two composers that I enjoy listening every once in a while these days.

I know Mozart, Beethoven, JS Bach and I have heard of Chopin and Stravinsky. I really like "The Chinese dance" in the Nutcracker's ballet; I wonder who compose this piece? :? Sorry I am not very familiar with classical music; my husband calls me a bush girl for this.:bawling:

The Nutcracker Suite is by Tchaikovsky. In Walt Disney's Fantasia (1940) Little Chinese looking mushrooms did a dance to one of the movements.

My mother loves Mozart. Most of the "Classical" music I know is from a later period. So technically I have a deep fodness for the Romantics. From Shubert to Muzzursky... and a bit out of the classic era altogether Debussy, Stravinsky, Gershwin, and Copeland

sabro said:
The Nutcracker Suite is by Tchaikovsky. In Walt Disney's Fantasia (1940) Little Chinese looking mushrooms did a dance to one of the movements.
My mother loves Mozart. Most of the "Classical" music I know is from a later period. So technically I have a deep fodness for the Romantics. From Shubert to Muzzursky... and a bit out of the classic era altogether Debussy, Stravinsky, Gershwin, and Copeland

Thanks sabro,:wave: Hmm I will go and look for the sound track of fantasia now!!

I just love Classical. It helps get rid of my headaches, and helps me think much more clear.

I found all the ones that I know of....and personally Mozart is my overall favorite.

Has anyone heard of Andre Rieu? He is awesome. Although, I think he just plays already composed songs. I don't know if he has composed any. hmmm?

Oh, I love classical music! I am glad that so many people in the world love the Russian classical music. I love mostly Slavic composers.

My favourite composers are:

Tchaikovsky (especially The Nutcracker, The Swan Lake, Romeo & Juliet, The Seasons, Concerto Piano and Orchestra No.1 in B Flat Minor, etc.);

Rachmaninoff (especially Vocalise Op. 34, Symphony No.2 in E minor, Rhapsody on the Paganini Theme, etc.);

Mussorgsky;

Prokofiev;

Shostakovich;

Chopin;

Nietzsche (only piano compositions);

Bizet;

Chaliapin (he is a singer);

et cetera...

I know that Mr Koizumi loves Tchaikovsky. That?fs great!!!
:cool:

Tchaikovsky and Chopin,1812 was the best classical Tchaikovsky with sound of firing cannons.

Every single one of them, but I am a classical music nut. I much prefer Baroque rather than the later romance. I am also fond of the Russian composers. One of my favourite pieces is the Finale music to Swan Lake. Put it on and turn up the volume. I defy anyone not to like this loud, emotional, powerful piece. From its quiet begining it just builds and build until the entire orchestra is going and finsihes in full forte with the brass at full volume as the final crashes to a dramatic end. Honestly I can feel exhausted after lsiening to it. Briiliant, absolutely love it.

Hi! :wave: Glad to meet the lover of Tchaikovsky music! Anyone who loves Tchaikovsky will be my friend. :) For me, Tchaikovsky is God of Music and the best what music has ever had. :bow:

Yeah, Scene Finale (Act IV) from The Swan Lake is brilliant! So inspired part! :yeahh:

My favourite parts of The Swan Lake:

Introduction;

The First Scene (Act I);

Valse (Act I);

Pas de deux. Tempo di valse, ma non troppo vivo, quasi moderato (Act I);

Danse des coupes (Act I);

Allegro moderato (Act II) (brilliant!!);

Pas d?faction (Act II);

Danse espagnole (brilliant!!);

Danse napolitaine;

Danse des petites cygnes.

But my favourite ballet is The Nutcracker. Those, who have never listened to it, necessarily listen to it. I am sure that you will fall in love with this masterpiece by Tchaikovsky.

My favourite parts of The Nutcracker:

Overture (brilliant!!);

The Decoration of the Christmas Tree;

March (brilliant!!);

The Magic Spell Begins;

The Battle;

In the Pine-Forest (brilliant!!);

Coffee: Arabian Dance;

Tea: Chinese Dance (brilliant!!);

Trepak: Russian Dance (brilliant!!!);

Dance of the Flutes (brilliant!!);

Waltz of the Flowers (brilliant!!!);

Pas de Deux: Dance of the Prince and the Sugar-Plum Fairy (absolutely brilliant!!!);

Variation II: Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy (brilliant!!!).

My eyes are always steeped in tears when listening to Pas de Deux: Dance of the Prince and the Sugar-Plum Fairy from The Nutcracker. So inspired thing!!!

I have almost all musical compositions by Tchaikovsky recorded mostly by The USSR State Symphony Orchestra (Conductor: Evgeny Svetlanov).

I cannot see the difference between tears and music.

Friedrich Nietzsche.

I didn't notice this thread before. :souka:
I've heard of almost all of the composers listed, and I've played music by around 2/3 of them, possibly a bit more - but I couldn't honestly say I'd recognise the music of very many of them if I heard it on the radio. I might make a lucky guess. :(

Tchaikovsky and Chopin,1812 was the best classical Tchaikovsky with sound of firing cannons.

By the way, have you listened to Ca Ira by Roger Waters? It is absolutely splendid work! :cool: :cool: :cool: I am sure that you will like it!

Hard choices....but I prefer on Vivaldi and Beethoven. ^^

Does Anyone here know the composer of "Liebestraum"? I like that song very much!

This thread has been viewed 59276 times.

Back