Sushi in 50% of the cases not fresh !

Wow, it's back alive ! :p

I buy frozen Tuna or Salmon then defreeze them overnight and cut them into sashimi or shapes used for making sushi.

My father actually got infected with pesticides from eating sashimi and has been suffering from it for years until they found a new medicine to cure it.

I rarely eat out in Japanese restaurants anymore because it is very expensive here. But I have never encountered bad quality sashimi or sushi in Australia before.

There are a few new japanese restraunts near my house. Two of them serve sushi. I'm tired of buying sushi from stores that have let them sit on the shelves for a few days. Not too appetizing!

Thor said:
There are a few new japanese restraunts near my house. Two of them serve sushi. I'm tired of buying sushi from stores that have let them sit on the shelves for a few days. Not too appetizing!

You should try to make your own.

Well, has anyone noticed the flavour of the sushi to be different than 'fresh' sushi?
If no one noticed before... then shouldnt it be fine?

The reason why you want your seafood (or anyfood for that matter) to be fresh, is so that it tastes better, and that you wont be sick after...
Unless you just like the idea of saying "I'm eating totally fresh sushi!"

If you want food that has never been frozen now, you should go out and catch it yourself.
+ it's not the ice crystals that kill the parasites, the actual cooling of the fish kills them.

You can read up on this if you like

http://www.ocean.udel.edu/mas/seafood/raw.html

Thor said:
I wouldn't know where to start.:(

You can purchase frozen tuna, salmon...etc then defreeze it slowly in the fridge, to make it into sushi you can buy cook book/s with easy to follow instructions. You also need to buy some of the utensils to make sushi; I think they tell you that in the cookbooks.

If you have friends who know how to make sushi you can also ask them to show you. I won't mind to show you but I live far far away!:p

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 27276 times.

Back