Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you feel about your country's education system ?

The Hairy Wookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    English

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Greistal
    Italian system is always changing, as everyone gets elected thinks scholar system needs to change. But it somehow manages to work all the same!
    I always get the feeling that everything in Italy does that, manage to work all the same, despite your government trying to mess it up. No insult intended

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Mycernius
    It strikes my that you where educated in Great Britain Maciamo-san.
    What did I say that made you think so ?

A friend of mine who has recntly moved to the states has not been impressed with their education system. His wife has an 11 year old daughter. When they lived in England she was sent to the local school. Despite being there for only a couple of terms, when they returned to the Staes she had to be put up a grade because of what she learnt in England. My friend seem to think that most American school seem to be churning out people with very basic English and Maths.
    I have a few friends who also studied one or a few years in the States in highschool, and they all unconditionally said that the level in maths and sciences was definitely 3 years behind what they had studied in Europe (a 6th form in the US is equivalent to a 3rd or 4th form in Europe).

I thing at the last PTA he annoyed the teachers by asking them whether they are going to tweach the children anything or turn them in morons.
    Tweach the children ? Does it hurt ? Just kidding !

He and his wife are seriously considering moving their daughter to a Public school, where she can get a decent education.
    Public school in the British or American sense of the word ? (as it is basically the opposite)
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Level

Ethnic group
    English

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    What did I say that made you think so ?

the way you talked about primary and secondary schools

Public school in the British or American sense of the word ? (as it is basically the opposite)
    English sense. They are called private in theUS aren't they? Doh!

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Swedish

I don't really have anything negative to say about the school system here, it really isn't perfect, but i don't know enough about other countries educational system to be able to determine the standard of Swedens.

Level

Ethnic group
    English

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. Pepper
    I don't really have anything negative to say about the school system here, it really isn't perfect, but i don't know enough about other countries educational system to be able to determine the standard of Swedens.
    I think that almost evryone would say that their education system is not perfect. You see how another country teaches it's children and something about it would make you say, 'that's a good idea why don't they do it in my country?' By the way The question will bring out people who feel baised towards their own country. It is a very difficult question to be objective about

1 year registered

Post My opinion on Singapore's education system

Singapore's education system is tough, but I think it is still not as demanding as Japan's . A comparison of my GCE A-level text(s) & Japanese Senior High text(s) in the same subjects shows me one thing - Japanese students have to cover more than Singaporean students.

Unlike Japan (where there is no streaming according to the student's ability), students in Singapore are streamed from as early as Primary (Elementary) school. This also happens in Secondary schools (where the supposedly weaker students take 5 years to complete secondary education rather than 4). The streaming is rather complex.

Students can switch to a better stream mid-way if their grades are good enough [or to a worse stream if they do poorly (usually forced to)].

However, there are complaints that this streaming puts pressure on the students.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Not having any other point of reference I can't really say how the Scottish education system is (you know, compared to Japanese). It is different, however, from the English, incase anybody was wondering!
    Me & my friends have talked about this before, and the general consensus is that people who come over from Asia (i.e Korea, China - don't know about Japan) work a hell of a lot harder than we do.
    However, (as Mycernius was getting at), a friend of my cousin's family moved to the US and within three months their daughter had to live with my cousin or she'd have to work an extra two years to get the (English) GSCEs (when in England she only had one year left) because her US school was so far 'behind'.

Personally, the Japanese school days scare me, and I really like the old French style; getting Wednesday afternoon off and coming in for a while on Sunday. Also, another friend of mine recently moved to an International School in China, and apparantly their timetable shifts every week! Is this the same for ordinary Chinese schools?! Wouldn't it get confusing?

The Great Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 132

To me no matter what, someone will find a flaw. Here in the US, I am not very impressed. But it also depends on the state.

Here in Utah, our education system isn't as good as let's say Floridas. I mean, Basic Math to them could seem like Advanced math to us. It just seems different in every state. You also have to look at the demographics and see the drop out rate, test scores, and Cumulative GPA.

But overall, I am not impressed with the United States. I have a friend that came to the US as a foreign exchange student from Germany, and he blew us out of the water. But I really don't know the differences, because I haven't really looked into it all that much.

7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40

The educational system in the Asia is not much satisfactory. Most of the countries in the Asia are considered as the most uneducated countries because of the very low rate of educated people in the country.The people over there can't bear the expenses of schools and colleges and spending a very poor life.instead of sending children to school , the child labor ratio is more.

3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46

Hi, I am a student of top Nagpur engineering college and education system is good. teachers and students both take efforts to get a high position.

Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 46

It was good. most of the students of our country hire by a foreign country because of their talent.

Level
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 13.0%

My homeland is Estonia. School education is good enough, but the only 1-2 university can afford the good system of education. The others just pay money and that's all.

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 28

The education system in my country is very good. The government provide the best education system.

Level

It sucks!!

Level

what country are u from?

Quote Originally Posted by keitharmstrong View Post
    The education system in my country is very good. The government provide the best education system.

100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    Timothybrate
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Timothybrate

Ethnic group

How do you feel about your countrys education system

I wont say we have a lot of homework but I find it hard to fit it in and I am the only one in the house that seems to think about it. My son is in grade 3 and in French Immersion, he has 20 mins of English reading every day and 1 small French book with a sheet he needs to fill out in French. It has about 6 sections in it. He also has a test every other week in math....which we are sent a note home in French on what to study I have to use google translate to know what it says. My daughter is in grade 1 and usually just has reading to do 3 times a week. We only do sports on Sats now but I feel like through the week it is hard to get homework done. I get home from work at 5:15, drive my after school sitter home and I am home to make supper. By the time supper is done and kitchen clean it is usually 6:45 and now we are looking at doing homework and it is a fight. My husband gets home at 7:30. I just feel like it is hard to get everything done. So I am just wondering.....how do you do it??

3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63

If the education system stands still without moving and developing it means that it doesn't work the way it should. Speaking about my country I would say that it works in correct way. Ukrainian universities are well known in Europe. Moreover it gives opportunity and good conditions of study not only ukrainian students but also foreigners. Many Indian students come to Ukraine every year to do their mbbs study https://leader-education.com/story-of-success/ It's more profitable for indian students to do their mbbs studies in Ukraine than in India
    Last edited by Oxxy; 25-04-19 at 09:02.

500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60

More than 90% of students in the UK attend publicly-funded state schools. Approximately 8.5 million children attend one of the 30,000 schools in England and Wales; in Scotland, 830,000 children attend about 5,000 schools, including pre-schools and other special education schools; and Northern Ireland sends 350,000 children to 1,300 state schools. Primary schools usually include both girls and boys as pupils. Secondary schools may be either single-sex or co-educational.

National curriculum core subjects – 5 to 11 year olds (Key stages 1 and 2):

English, Maths, Science, Design and technology, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), History, Geography, Art and design, Music, Physical education

Schools also have to teach religious education and are encouraged to prove personal, social and health education (PSHE) and citizenship, and at least one modern foreign language.

National curriculum core subjects – 11 to 14year olds (Key stage 3):

English, maths, Science, Design and technology, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), History, Geography, Modern foreign languages, Art and design, Music, Citizenship, Physical education.

Schools also have to provide: Careers education and guidance (during Year 9), Sex and Relationship Education (SRE), Religious education.

Throughout key stages 1-3 pupils are routinely tested in Standard Assessment Tests (SATs) but these are being phased out by the Government.

Key stage 4 – GCSE:

At GCSE level, students have to take English, maths, science, IT, citizenship and physical education.

The GCSE is a single-subject examination set and marked by independent examination boards. Students usually take up to ten (there is no upper or lower limit) GCSE examinations in different subjects, including mathematics and English language.

The Government is currently reviewing the national curriculum, exploring how to slim it down. The revised curriculum is expected to be taught in schools from September 2013.

After taking GCSEs, students may leave secondary schooling; alternatively, they may choose to continue their education at vocational or technical colleges, or they may take a higher level of secondary school examinations known as AS-Levels after an additional year of study. Following two years of study, students may take A-Level (short for Advanced Level) examinations, which are required for university entrance in the UK.
    The American concept of a school transcript is unfamiliar in the UK. Schools in the UK do not generally rank pupils within their year; currently, the principal standards are the GCSE, SCE and AS and A-Level examination results.

There is no official method of equating British and American primary and secondary educational qualifications. The educational systems are entirely different and attempts to compare them must be done on a strictly provisional basis.

For more information on English examinations, please visit the Assessment and Qualifications Alliance, which is the largest of the three English examination bodies. For information on Northern Ireland’s examination policy, please visit the Council on Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment, or for more about Scotland’s grading procedures, you can review the Scottish Qualifications Authority’s website.

Post-secondary and Higher Education

Approximately 1.8 million students are currently enrolled in the UK higher education system; about one third of young people go on to higher education at age 18 (with almost 50% of students in Scotland), and an increasing number of "mature" students are studying either full-time or part-time for university degrees website essayprepper.com will help .

Professional courses, such as medicine, veterinary medicine, law and teaching, usually are undertaken as five-year undergraduate degrees.

To learn more about opportunities to study abroad or earn an undergraduate or graduate degree in the UK, please visit our Study in the UK page.

Banned Achievements:
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Educational system

That's quite an interesting study. Providing education for African girls is an unusual way of reducing the population of the globe. As a mother of two girls, I can say that any educational system has both its advantages and disadvantages. If a girl has the desire to study, she will do it and can achieve a lot on her way. Nowadays there are so many online platforms allowing you to broaden your knowledge. For example, my daughter used to have problems with English (she goes to a sports school) but she surfed the net and found this online tutoring platform with excellent and patient tutors. So the moral is - everything is possible!

31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeTalents View Post
    Guys, please advise the service in writing essay
    Try to use reviews like this - paidpaper.net ! In fact, it is very convenient. The author shares his own experience of using the platform, talks about the advantages and disadvantages, and you are already making your own decision about which service meets your requirements more than others. Very convenient, actually.
    Last edited by Urahaydres; 03-07-19 at 15:05.

Menachem Moscovitz Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 98

Every country has a different culture and language. In the same way, the education system is also different all over the world. The American education system is not up to the mark. There are many error or issues are growing day by day, need to fix it.

Three Friends1 year registered25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Level
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Overall activity: 73.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H12a

Ethnic group
    Italian

In the US, the Department of Education doesn’t run Schools and Colleges.

There isn't there’s not much of a Standardized Federal Education System.

The States decide how to run their schools, the curricula (curriculums :) , what books to use, ...

imo complaints and criticism should be addressed and limited to the single State in question.

3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 28

In general, I'm satisfied with the educational system of my country, but still, nothing is perfect. When I entered college, I didn't get for a scholarship, so I have to work to pay for a dormitory, for college, for food, etc. And it's not only me, a lot of my friends are in the same situation, but it's something unknown for our professors and lecturers. Sometimes, they give us homework, which is useless but it takes a lot of time, which we don't have. And you must do that homework because you'll get a bad mark. For example, yesterday, our literature professor gave us a task to read Pride and Prejudice, write a detailed review, find two people who have a relationship, analyze them, and compare to modern relationships. I mean, we read it at school, everyone did, and I even had a similar task. I don't understand how it will improve my knowledge and help me in the future, but I have to do it. The only way for me is to use help from https://wr1ter.com. I use it only when there is a need, and I get an excellent result. I've already ordered there few essays, and each of them was great, even the profession which I have not good relationships with liked it.
    I think that our educational system needs changes, but politicians don't know about it as much as students know, and it'd be great to hear our opinions an suggestions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12