Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Magazines

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • I don't read much

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters
For the longest time I only read fantasy like Eddings, Feist, etc. but for some reason fantasy novels just haven't interested me too much. Lately it has all been science fiction. Not stuff waaay into the future or on a distant planet, but close to our time. William Gibson and Neil Stephenson are great. They write about our world... if our world was more entertaining.

I always have one motorsport book going. Right now it's a big-ass bio of Fangio.

I have a stack of various spiritual and philosophical books I'm reading. Everthing from the Dalai Lama to Marcus Aurelius.

I frequently have a lot of books going at once. Thankfully, I usually only have one novel going, otherwise I start to get my storylines confused. "And then Frodo took out his laptop."

Guess i have not outgrown my true blue romantic nature during my high school days that up to now i'm still fond of engaging into melancholy. I like Nicholas Sparks' novels, works of Hemingway. I also enjoy reading inspirational books and women-empowering books.

I mostly read the classics... they are always the best! :love:

Hi all,

I am a big fan of Phillip.K.Dick - author of books that were made into films such as 'Bladerunner', 'Minority report', 'Total Recall' and soon to be released, 'A Scanner Darkly'
I've read a few of his novels ('Ubik' is very good) and loads of his short stories.
He is the most bonkers sci-fi writer ever!

However, at the moment I'm reading the english translated version of 'Ring' by Koji Suzuki which is giving me another angle on the Ring movies.

Admittedly, beyond manga, American comic books and Sports Illustrated, I don't read a fraction as much as I did when I was in the Navy and would stock loads of paperbacks in my locker for those long periods underway on ships. Back then, I loved reading horror, sci-fi (mostly Star Trek) and men's action like Mack Bolan, a.k.a. The Executioner!

:cool:

The last thing I read was The Pillow Book by Sei Shonagon (for the second time) and before that The Dark Room (Anhitsu) by Junnosuke Yoshiyuki. I liked both.

I read:

Mostly non-fiction such as

Reference books

Historical

Religious critiques/skeptical works

Animal Rights/Liberation

Biographies

Books of quotations

A little fiction/myth/legends such as:

Poetry

The Old Testement and New Testement ('Holy' Bible)

-------------------------------
Sorry, I didn`t take the poll.

I am currently reading Dan Brown's Angels & Demons. So far it's a great book.

But I will read anything that interests me. So it varies...a lot.

I also HAVE to read the latest Readers Digest. I just enjoy it.:)

Some years I practically not opened of not one book... The Truth sometime look in the Bible to take from there "Citation" for a forum, but it seldom enough occurs. Last the book which I read there was a book of the Japanese author about Miyamoto Mussasi (?).

P.S.www.prizmatic.hut2.ru For were interested of my photos

Recently I've switched to non-fiction books. :p Currently, I'm reading a book called The President of Good and Evil: The Ethics of George W. Bush. It's an interesting read.

I like history of science best of all. I love to learn how big discoveries came about, and how they were usually not accepted without a struggle. One of my favourites in this genre is Longitude by Dava Sobel.

In fiction I like to read classic novels, science fiction, children's fiction and George RR Martin (which is the only fantasy I can stand). I read a wide range of non-fiction - biographies, religion, ancient & mediaeval history, science, especially evolution, genetics and quantum physics. At the moment, though, I am reading a history of art.

Tsuyoiko said:
I like history of science best of all.

As for science, my favorite book of all times is Carl Sagan's "Cosmos." Just excellent and the enormity of the scale in which he painted the universe just really impressed me.

One of the parts that sticks in my memory was the comparison of grains of sands of all the beaches of the world, on the ocean bottom, or in deserts to the number of stars in the universe. Which numbered more?

I was quite surprised that the stars numbered more considering there are a lot of grains of sand here on Earth.

Who else has read "Cosmos"?

I'm fond of reading fiction, mythology, fantasy, classics and psychological literature... If you are reading - you're improving yourself)

I like Chak Pallanik also. His books are amazing and not usual... You'll never find up how his book ends... his characters has extraordinary logic, their deeds are unexpectable and freak...

you should read it)

Ah yes, you mean the thing proping up the table. :LOL:

Hmm.. Occult/Religion seems fiction to me.. :grin:

I read much about history.

And I have read very much scientific books my entire life.
My spectrum of interests was very wide.

It's NOT obvious from your posts.:LOL:

Totally not from your posts you mean..
You seem to be a total illiterate.

I guess your family betrayed William Wallace...

Totally not from your posts you mean..
You seem to be a total illiterate.

I guess your family betrayed William Wallace...

You are to history what Genghis Khan would have been to the Peace Corps.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

You are to history what Genghis Khan would have been to the Peace Corps.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

And you are the clown on this forum. A fraud, a ridicule to mankind.
You don't ever answer a serious question.
Therefore, you must be a troll.
Go away..
Just leave..

This thread has been viewed 41263 times.

Back