Debate Q7: In any profession, which would you rather have; money or fame?

well i dont think it matters, with money you can be famous, and when your famous you can get money!!!

but yeah i will choose some money, i dont need to be rich, just i want a decent life, just what rocklee says, in this days, you need money...

people say money isnt important, but it do become important, something needs to pay health insurance when your sick doesnt...

Money. Fame can be the wrong kind, fame can lead to bad things, fame takes away your privacy.

In todays capitalistic society without money one cannot do anything. We have to live, eat, work, dress, etc, and without money we can't do any of these things.

In an agrarian society, on the otherhand, one would not need any money as one could get by on farming and living off the land, build one's own house, and barter for things that you need and cannot provide for yourself.

So, to answer the question, in todays sysyem it would have to be money. Not lots of it mind you, but enough where I could be comfortable and not poor. I've seen what alot of money can do to people. If I do manage to get alot of money, I hope it would be due to my own legal efforts, and I don't think I would go crazy with it. I would probably just be the same, only a little more comfortable.

I would not desire fame because it would completely eradicate any privacy I may have or desire. With fame you are always in the public eye. Look at the Royal Family in England. They have no privacy whatsoever. Every move they make is caught on tape or film. If they even fart, its broadcast to the world.

Just read or watch an interview with any famous person and the question of privacy will always come up and they will always say that they wish they had more of it. However, as has been mentioned in other posts, there must be some inner need or boosting of the ego to make one desire fame and to always be in the public eye.

Besides when one looks deeper into the lives of the rich and famous, one soon discovers that having great fame and fortune is not all it's cracked up to be. Most of them are pretty depressed most of the time. After all, once they get the fame and every material object they've ever desired what else is there to look forward to? It becomes like a drug where you have to have more and more of it in order to feel the same satisfaction.

However, that's just my opinion as others may not feel the same. Interesting question.

Well I was going to say Money! It can buy you anything! But what about Love? Some of the most loaded people are also some of the worst people on earth...So if you want love go with fame if you can live without love then take the money and become Infamous! :D

This thread has been viewed 9616 times.

Back