Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Impression Of The Future

FIGHTING FOR JPOP Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    dutch

Quote Originally Posted by smoke
    and why do they always kidnap rednecks that no one believes?
    Aliens must be pretty dumb...or very intelligent by knowing that no one would listen to these banjo playing, plaid wearing, buck toothed hicks.

Yo smoke, you look pretty sexy in here

Your Goddess is here Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    African American

Oh, goodness rednecks. I always wonder about the future. I know most relgious people believe in the Revelations. But ever since I read that book I never picked up another bible. (shutters) Or perhaps humans would kill each other with nuclear bombs and such.
    gAll right then, Ifll go to hellh\and tore it up. It was awful thoughts and awful words, but they was said. And I let them stay said; and never thought no more about reforming.
    The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
    by Mark Twain (Samuel Clemens)

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Cherie

You depress me. :
    Huh ..? What ... ??

Cure for Cancer :
    1-Stop activation of 'Protoncogenes'.
    2-Control the activity of 'Supressor Genes'

doesn't seem to be impossible that is after decoding the human genome.

It then gives a strong impression of monopoly( ) controlling the major advancements in many technological fields alongwith medicine.

Anyway ... to have good we need to hope for good.

1 year registered

I know most relgious people believe in the Revelations.
    'wonder what are these regarding the tasks achieved by Jesus(as) after his return according to christian beliefs ... ?? & what are jews beliefs in this regard ??Can anyone put some light ... ?? (Just out of Curiosity,I wanna compare these with muslim beliefs ... )

Chukchi Salmon Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Paleo-Asian

I attended a half day seminar by biblical scholars and Revelations was one of the topics for lecture.

In summary fashion, apocalyptic literature in which Revelations was written was the chosen means of writing in obscure language one's religious convictions so as to avoid censorship and punishment. The period being Roman, any direct criticism on Roman paganism (polytheism worshipping non-Judeo-Chritian deities) would have surely sealed the fate of the religious text by confiscation and book burning, not to mention capital punishment of the author, copyists, and those in possession of it.

The ideas of 'orthodox' faith stated that no taxes be paid to the Roman empire lest some of it happen to be offered in the Roman pantheon. That would result in pagan worship for the tax payer, and could become a serious problem for the believers' standing before his/her God. This idea expressed in the Revelations is in contradiction of the gospel passage, 'To God what is God's, and to Caesar what is Caesar's.'

All kinds of obscuring codes were employed. One prominent example would be Armageddon. Megiddo is a well know battle ground in Hebrew history, and that could be refering to the coming Jewish war with Rome, less a prediction than an appeal to rebellion for the purpose of restoring the Rites of Jerusalem. This word play would have been immediately understood by the early Christians of which Jews composed the majority, but unintelligible to a gentile (non-Jew).

I do not know much more than this, and probably I have some inaccuracies; but there should be biblical studies on the web that should have more details and accuracy; a glimpse of which I hope I have conveyed to you in response to your very legitimate question.

edit: At least some part of Revelations may have been written after the two Judeo-Roman Wars, and Armageddon could be referring to those wars as if predicting the Wars, but in fact in hind sight. But this is just my opinion that seems to explain references to the war, judgement and destruction, and a new creation and resurrection of the dead that early Christians are known to have believed in.

Out of curiosity, what references to the last war before the destruction and judgement exist in Islamic texts of faith ? Is there anything that might be considered apocalyptic writing ?
    Last edited by lexico; 12-06-05 at 03:40.

1 year registered

what references to the last war before the destruction and judgement exist in Islamic texts of faith ?
    Note:Following post is just in reply to above quest.

these wars can be divided into 2 parts.

1-before Jesus's(as) return
    2-during his stay ( against Dajjal & Yajooj majjoj >> anti-christ & gog magoog respectively) after that there is a TOTAL PEACE on Earth till the other signs appear.

Important point to note is that with his(as) return , the conflicts between Muslims & Christians (according to some resources Jews are included aswell) would come to an end.

alot of Islamic material on 'End of Times' is available in the form of 'Minor & Major Signs' ( not the wars only)i.e. before Qiamat__dooms day,though it wouldn't be offtopic to put it here but still i wouldn't by my own.

(Lexico ... ! I will PM u after organizing the material provided u r willing enough.)

& plz. everyone throw some light on Jewish & Christian belief regarding Hazrat Issa(as)__Jesus' return.

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    I am from YOKOHAMA,Japan!!

I am not a Muslim, so please forgive me if my readings have been mistaken...(also, it is late here in Denmark: time: 2:04AM --coming back from drinking with friends....)

According to Islam, Adam and Eve were moved from Paradise to "Earth" because they insulted Allahfs word, however, life on earth is not regarded as a punishment, as horiginal sinh doesnft exist in Islam.

Allah created earth and he can end it, conduct punishment and rewards to peolple anytime He wants it.

The dead peoplefs resurrection on hjudgement dayh is very central in the Quran. According to the Quran, God will on hjudgement dayh order all the graves opened and the dead resurrected.
    In the Jewish eschatology, there is a uncertainly if the resurrection is partial or total ie. only for the deserved ones. In Islam, all with resurrect.(?)

On judgement day, all the deeds of the human will be weighed on a scale, called mizan(sp?), and God wil judge.
    Djanah, or Paradise, which is described in the Quran (2,26) and (50, 32-46) is a happy place. Those who get there first are the Shuhada(sp?), the martyrs. The non-believers will end in Hell/djahannam.

We will know that judgement day will arrive soon when the Messias, the Mehdi (sp?) has come to Jerusalem and lived there for 10 years, then a rival will come (Antikrist) and perform false miracles - e.g. heal the sick. The "antikrist" will get many followers and afterwards Jesus will be sent to "clean out" and fight against the "antikrist." Judgement day will come when Jesus has won and conquers the world from Palestine.

1 year registered

Just hope not to offence anyone. I am sorry if I said something that I shouldnft say. Anyway, I think World War 3 is coming. I donft want to admit this but this is what I think most of the time. It is very obvious that after the gcold warh ends, another new threat coming out (terrorism). What's coming up next after terrorism ends? As everyone can see that natural resources are becoming lessor and lessor (exp. oil). The countries that store these natural resources will have all the power they want. Yes, money and power to control over other weaker and poor countries.

Of course, no one wants to be control and let go of the politic positions. So, the next thing will happen is World War 3.

This is just 1 of the thing that I can think of. The other one isc.the future will be full of thugs every where. Well, as you can see the children today are badly educated and lack of moral value. A lot of criminals happened everywhere and there are no safe places to live in. They will just do anything they want as long as they achieve what they want. Yes, back to money again. No one wants to work because itfs a hard work. All they want is easy money. So, girls will go on prostitution or married to rich guys, guys will go rob, kill, steal and stuff. All people have in mind is money. Money comes first. They already forget who they are and their responsibility. Sad worldcc
    Last edited by Shin_ji80; 12-06-05 at 08:22.

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Paleo-Asian

What an awakenig post: I was about to go for a snack, but couldn't pass on this one Shin ji180. Just some lingering thoughts that your post encouraged to come out in a personal way.

1. Although it may be called superstition, does anyone remember hearing, 'It's all in the mind that makes it happen.' I'm not talking about will power over oneself or self-fulfilling prophecies that can be explained more or less scientifically. I'm aiming at superstitious realization of negative thinking. Do such a thing exist ? Or will the warning, well taken, become the catalyst for crucial changes that will guarantee survival without mutual destruction ?

2. Your post makes a lot of sense in that I remember hearing those warnings somewhere sometime although not in such clear, complete form. Which leads me to ask, "Since the greatest change in people's minds can be brought about thru education, isn't it about time to start discouraging nationalism and reinforcing altruism, not an idealistic-unrealistic kind of altruism, but that of a co-existence that can only be reached thru an organized effort such as thru the UN general assembly voted compulsory curriculum on global coexistence ?"

People used to wonder whether environmental awareness could be reached, but thru education we now have many young people genuinely motivated for environmental protection and sustainable societry out of a sincere, shared belief that it is something vastly important for survival. How about searching for ways to transform our crooked ways of thinking and excercise limited, planned, aggressive exploitation principles reserved for the space program but illegalizing it on earth with increasing magnitude ?
    Last edited by lexico; 12-06-05 at 07:06. Reason: spelling

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    welsh/english

The future will be affected by population rates: In 100 years, Japan is predicted to have roughly half to 2/3 the population it has now. The population of the US is predicted to increase by about 100 million people, mostly through immigration but also by births. Globally this will bring about the following phenomenon: dissappearance of the middle class, leaving only the rich and poor. And you know what that leads to.

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Paleo-Asian

How do you mean ? Slavery ? Class struggle ? Communist revolution ? Civil war ? More details please. :)

The Hairy Wookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    English

I think Cicatriz esp is refering to the low birth rates that are apparent in a lot of western countries now. The world population as a whole will continue to increase because of African and a lot of Asian countries high birth rate, but in the west the population is in decline. In advanced technological countries the population is living longer and more and more young people are putting off getting maried and having children until later in life. In some cases the younger generation are not having children, hence the birth rate goes down. Even with immigration the population will still decrease because the 3rd or 4th generation of immigrants will start to follow the practices in the countries in which they live and not to the customs of their origins.

Read It And Weep Achievements:
    1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by dutch baka
    Yo smoke, you look pretty sexy in here
    I work out.

A Tattoo And Piercing Community

Jesus Is A Punk Rocker

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    welsh/english

Quote Originally Posted by lexico
    How do you mean ? Slavery ? Class struggle ? Communist revolution ? Civil war ? More details please. :)
    Class struggle. Unless the masses can continue to be sedated with McDonalds, MTV, and Tommy Hilfiger.

I can't believe I just typed something so bleeding heart.

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group

I hope my earlier post wan't gibberish....Maybe Innervision can tell if it is true or misunderstood, as foresights in Islam is not something I am an expert on since I am not a Muslim, but read tonnes about it....

1 year registered

when the Messias, the Mehdi (sp?)
    messiah = One who is anticipated as, regarded as, or professes to be a savior or liberator.

Only in literal meanings Imam Mehdi can be taken as Messiah but in actuality this term is reserved for Hazrat Issa(as) in Islamic literature.

...remaining was O.K. but i must state that ur knowledge about Islamic stuff is good.
    (still in case u wanna be more precise about that u can ask ... i'll be concentrating on that after my ward test .... )

Till then check this The End Times ( Think 'Tis more than enough. still all questions r welcomed) No doubt it is intersting to read future.

1 year registered

Talking

I can't believe I just typed something so bleeding heart.
    Yeah ... we just felt the warmth of the blood of that warm-blooded bleeding heart. *Geez*
    Last edited by InnerVision; 14-06-05 at 10:34. Reason: twist :)

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by InnerVision
    messiah = One who is anticipated as, regarded as, or professes to be a savior or liberator.

Only in literal meanings Imam Mehdi can be taken as Messiah but in actuality this term is reserved for Hazrat Issa(as) in Islamic literature.

...remaining was O.K. but i must state that ur knowledge about Islamic stuff is good.
    (still in case u wanna be more precise about that u can ask ... i'll be concentrating on that after my ward test .... )
    Thanks Innervision!! I studied Arabic language (and its culture) ages ago while at uni extensively taking extra classes during my thesis period (history).... Still keeping up-to-date with the language whenever I can.

Dust Bunny Achievements:
    1 year registered

Movie Brazil has it all.

„E„ƒ„|„y „r„p„} „s„€„r„€„‚„‘„„, „‰„„„€ „r„ „}„~„€„s„€„s„‚„p„~„~„p„‘ „|„y„‰„~„€„ƒ„„„Ž - „~„u „€„q„€„|„Ž„‹„p„z„„„u„ƒ„Ž. „M„€„w„u„„ „q„„„„Ž „y„}„ue„„„ƒ„‘ „r „r„y„t„…, „‰„„„€ „r„ „s„p„t, „ƒ„r„€„|„€„‰„Ž „y „„p„‚„p„x„y„„ „€„t„~„€„r„‚„u„}„u„~„~„€.

MYV Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Miyavizm

The future will be like Star Wars. The OLD episodes, mind you. I don't want a computer-animated Yoda or some pretty boy Anakin. No, the old movies... with Chewwie and Solo and the good old starcruisers.

I can't wait for the future!

FIGHTING FOR JPOP Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    dutch

in 200 years, maybe less the sun is to hot, the ozon layer is gone!!! so it means we need to live underground, undersea, or other worlds.. well this will happen... but not everybody will have money to go there... so i think around 90% of the population will die

people wont come to the surface.. and factorys will work differnt then now.. it means no destrong of the earth, and the earth can come back in its nature earth.. ozon layer grow.. etc etc... so that in 600 years. people can come on the surface again...

mmm something like this hahaha

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group

Who gave me a bad rep. point for me posting in this thread??? Come on, wherever you are!!

I was just informing about what I have read about Islam. I am not a Muslim, but just posting my understandings from my readings about this religion.

I think it is wrong to just give bad rep because of INFORMING people from an individual's readings...I didn't even give an opinion....This discourages me to even take the time to look into books from now on!!

And I am sure this discourages people from reading books and post their summary of their readings....

Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Miss apollo, I see you're also a victim of anonymus bad rep pionts. I fully agree with you, if you are gonna bad rep or even good rep smone just put your name, dont hide yourself, and why are you bad reping about something like that ? Really makes you annoyed. Plz dont stop reading, I'm sure that all the other members here appreciate very much your contribution and your knoweldege of different fields :), dont let some weirdo annoy you

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Anglo-Irish-Norse

Miss Appollo ...

Sorry to see you got the "bad" rep. point! You have my sympathy.

Sadly, that seems to smack of bigotry and cowardice on behalf of someone out there. I may be wrong ... but I have a suspicion as to whom it might be - given the subject matter.

Let's just see if I get one myself .... for this post !

Then ... we'll know !

With Sympathy

ƒWƒ‡ƒ“
    If you haven't been a Communist by the time you're 40 - then you don't have a heart.

If you're still a Communist after the age of forty - you don't have a head ....

(Denis Healey)

If you're still a communist after the age of sixty ... you're coming to your senses again ....

(Sensuikan San)

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

50 years ahead is too difficult to predict for me. It would be more interesting to try to forsee the world in 5 or 10 years. That's difficult enough. But there are so many unforseeable events (tsunami, earthquakes, etc.) that thing could go very differently.

For example, a major earthquake in Tokyo could prompt a world recession like in 1929 as Japan is the world's 2nd economy, has most of its fortune centered in Tokyo (all government, most company's HQ, 1/4 of the population...). Japan would need to withdraw its reserves in US$ to rebuilt Tokyo, making the US$ crash and the US economy with it, bringing the rest of the world along. China would survive as most of its exports go to Japan and the US, and most of the companies investing there are American and Japanese. Europe would also be hit as the US and EU control about half of each other's economy through currency reserves and investments.

Within the next 5 years, I could imagine that the US will have invaded Iran and maybe Syria. The North Korean regime will certainly fall within 5 or 10 years. Could come from inside though, once Kim Jong Il dies (assassinated ?) or is thrown to the garbage.

The Chinese yuan will progressively be reevaluated in about 5 and 10 years, making Chinese people richer. There will be more and more Chinese tourists worldwide, and more Chinese learning English because English-speaking business people don't feel like learning Chinese (same as with Japanese).

The US$ will keep going down to counterbalance the cheap Chinese yuan, making American people poorer internationally.

There will be some big changes in the EU, with probably an permanent president (even without Constitution).

India will have more demographic problem than China as they are not yet controlling birthrate efficiently.

Peace might eventually break out in Israel.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast