Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your Impression Of The Future

The sheriff Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    japanese and korean and american

Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    Miss apollo, I see you're also a victim of anonymus bad rep pionts. I fully agree with you, if you are gonna bad rep or even good rep smone just put your name, dont hide yourself, and why are you bad reping about something like that ? Really makes you annoyed. Plz dont stop reading, I'm sure that all the other members here appreciate very much your contribution and your knoweldege of different fields :), dont let some weirdo annoy you

well this is bad, i shall admit that i gave "duo" bad rep points for a post that was made in my thread " marriage for visa", but i see his point of view now, and im sorry for the bad rep points.
    But its cowardice bad repping someone and not even telling them your doing it.

Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by geno
    well this is bad, i shall admit that i gave "duo" bad rep points for a post that was made in my thread " marriage for visa", but i see his point of view now, and im sorry for the bad rep points.
    But its cowardice bad repping someone and not even telling them your doing it.
    hehhe, thx for your honesty, i figured it was you seeing as your post on that thread and the negative rep were only 1min apart in time, but no worries your rep doesn't affect me because you don't have sufficient posts to make your reps count yet, but props to you for being forthcoming ;)

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

hey ... Check this ... !

Just appreciate the speed , velocity, the dedication & above all The Courage ...

'think someone didn't like Miss apollo's interest about other culture i.e. Islamic. Wow ... !!! I'm out 0f words.

Anyway ... one must at least give a reason for givin' bad rep.If not the name ... 'hope the future of this forum will make it essential :)

The Hairy Wookie Achievements:
    Level
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1

Ethnic group
    English

Quote Originally Posted by dutch baka
    in 200 years, maybe less the sun is to hot, the ozon layer is gone!!! so it means we need to live underground, undersea, or other worlds.. well this will happen... but not everybody will have money to go there... so i think around 90% of the population will die

people wont come to the surface.. and factorys will work differnt then now.. it means no destrong of the earth, and the earth can come back in its nature earth.. ozon layer grow.. etc etc... so that in 600 years. people can come on the surface again...

mmm something like this hahaha
    Oh great. We will split. Eloi and the Morlocks. I'm going to move to another planet

FIGHTING FOR JPOP Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    dutch

Well it is sure the Weather will **** our world... well we **** the world its weather .... here is a small map of increasing and degreesing temperatures from the last 100 years , Avarage.

i read something a week ago , i forget to read it good, and now i am not able to find it anymore... it was about that in the south it is getting hotter, and dryer, while in the norther country's it is getting colder... so would it be posible like in the movie : the day after tommorow? ( not in 5 weeks time of course.. Stupid unreal 5 weeks movie) but like 10-50 years time? would it be the explanation of the Ice time? that the world is getting warmer.. ( or does all of this doesnt make sence? maybe somebody else know more about it

Level

Ethnic group
    English

Okay, one of my current bug bears is climate change and how it will effect us all. The problem I have with this is that the scientists say one thing One week and then say something that contradicts it a few weeks later and no-one questions it. For example several studies have shown that the Gulf stream might change and not reach the UK. This means that the British Isles will get colder, yet several weeks ago some Scottish researchers have seen basking sharks further north, thus indicating that the water is getting warmer. How, if the gulf stream is getting weaker? No-one seeed to question it, just excepted the findings. I admit the is climate change, but no-one seems to know what is natural and what is caused by man.
    63 million years ago the planet was hotter and had a much higher Carbon dioxide content, yet life flourished. There were dinosaurs living in Antartica, and that hasn't moved that much in the last 63 million years. The planet is currently coming out of a cold phase, so some global temperature are natural. I find a lot of the climate change lobby to be scaremonger, after all the weather systems on a planetary scale are immense and beyond anything we can accurately predict. I remember seeing one computer prediction on global temperatures and what they should be. If there was no pollution then The UK should be as hot as the Sahara. Go figure

Conspiratorialist Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered

Ethnic group
    French/Irish

One thing we know for sure Mycernius is that we don't know whether man is causing climate change. I mean how many years has man been keeping records? 100? 200 at most? How old is the earth? 4 billion years old?

When I hear that that "this is the hottest summer on record", or "record rainfall has fallen for the second straight year in Europe" for example, I ask myself whose records? The last 200 years? What about the previous 3,999,999,800 years? How do we know that the earth was not much warmer or colder? Scientists can only speculate based on archeological evidence. And even that method has been questioned by some.

In the end we do not know what is normal for this planet as weather comes in cycles. It has even been proved that the Sphinx in Egypt shows signs of erosion due to rainfall maybe 15,000 years ago and that the Sahara desert was once fertile ground. Man has survived and will continue to do so. ANd as you pointed out, there was much more CO2 in the air in ancient times than today. Hogwash and fearmongering if you ask me. The truth is even the scientific community doesn't know what is causing the global climate change. They are just throwing out answers to make themselves look important and needed when in fact it is a normal function of the earth itself IMO.
    Do What You Love And You'll Never Work Another Day In Your Life!

Chukchi Salmon Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Paleo-Asian

Quote Originally Posted by Mycernius
    climate change ... the scientists say one thing One week and then say something that contradicts it a few weeks later ...For example several studies have shown that the Gulf stream might change and not reach the UK. This means that the British Isles will get colder, yet several weeks ago some Scottish researchers have seen basking sharks further north, thus indicating that the water is getting warmer. How, if the gulf stream is getting weaker ? No-one seeed to question it, just excepted the findings.
    I see your point, Mike. There seem to be two aspects to scientists; what they represent and what they actually do. What some people find ironic about scienctific authority is the misconception (delusion) that it carries a far greater weight and assertiveness than science is actually capable of. Perhaps to counter the other false assertiveness that's been wielded by certain 'religious' sects and superstitious orgs ? That false assertiveness can be a major problem because it can go against what science is supposed to be and what science actually is. Most students in a scientific field or scientists themselves might not have such a huge ego blown out of proportion, but some outspoken ones are blatantly arrogant-- totally unscientific and authoritarian power mongers who deserve to have their name struck out of all reputable science circles. Politics in scientific communities is rather ugly; and the researcher's salary doesn't pay that well either, at least so I hear.
    I admit the is climate change, but no-one seems to know what is natural and what is caused by man.
    Interesting topic. When the two factors of long-term trends in climate and human-induced change are involved simlutaneously, how could anyone know exactly what part's been played by whom ? Widely varying depending on one's scientific assumptions ! <== that's an oxymoron btw
    63 million years ago the planet was hotter and had a much higher Carbon dioxide content, yet life flourished. There were dinosaurs living in Antartica, and that hasn't moved that much in the last 63 million years. The planet is currently coming out of a cold phase, so some global temperature are natural. I find a lot of the climate change lobby to be scaremonger, after all the weather systems on a planetary scale are immense and beyond anything we can accurately predict. I remember seeing one computer prediction on global temperatures and what they should be. If there was no pollution then The UK should be as hot as the Sahara. Go figure
    I haven't been following on the details as you have, Mike. I guess the scientists, at least the honest, smarter ones, are scratching their heads at the end of a Friday, and mumbling to themselves. Oh, time to go home ! I'll leave nature's mystery to nature herself and just enjoy my weekend. I'm no god; I'm just a slave scientist stuck in the UK.
    The thing is there are just so many independent and dependent variables that no single workable theory can possibly handle all those in a time sequence. Not the latest, fatest parallel computer can do the thing. The best they can do is to 'experiment' with various simplifying, reasonably manageable models and run simulations. In the final analsysis: Nature is the fastest supercomputer as fas as many-body problems go ! If the simulations doesn't live up to expectations, oh, well, a man~na, or till next week !
    Last edited by lexico; 28-06-05 at 20:05.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 24.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by dutch baka
    If this map is anywhere near the truth, then global warming may not be such a bad thing. Russia and Canada will get warmer (=more comfortable to live), places like Nigeria, India and the south-east USA a bit cooler (also good), while Europe will almost not change at all. The only worrying thing is the rise of the ocean's level.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

The sheriff Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    japanese and korean and american

Quote Originally Posted by InnerVision
    hey ... Check this ... !

Just appreciate the speed , velocity, the dedication & above all The Courage ...

'think someone didn't like Miss apollo's interest about other culture i.e. Islamic. Wow ... !!! I'm out 0f words.

Anyway ... one must at least give a reason for givin' bad rep.If not the name ... 'hope the future of this forum will make it essential :)

this is a bit far gone isn't it,
    that much in that short space of time.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

china will invade taiwan in 10-20 years from now. taiwan will declare independence. taiwan btw is not as weak as you think, to my knowledge they have 1-3 million in reserves. but i think its 3.

statistics show the US can move any fleet in the world in 2 weeks. statistics show china doest have the correct ratio of amphibious vehicles to lauch a proper invasion. and statistics show china's navy sucks like hell. mostly steampowered, buggy-navy ships and no aircraft carriers while the US has enough aircraft+supercarriers to match the carriers from the rest of the world.

btw i dont hate china or anything. its just something i pick up.

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Russian

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo
    If this map is anywhere near the truth, then global warming may not be such a bad thing. Russia and Canada will get warmer (=more comfortable to live), places like Nigeria, India and the south-east USA a bit cooler (also good), while Europe will almost not change at all. The only worrying thing is the rise of the ocean's level.
    and melting ever-frost layer, and new marshes in Siberia, and quite a time to substitute dying pine forests of northern area with other flore through successions... and so on

besides, we measure all from anthropomorphous point of view, and therefore there will be also great impact in economic and social life as well in this case

Climate changes, but, probably, not that rapidly and drastically as some would like to represent it
    ... and i always will...

Level

Ethnic group
    English

Not being a doom ladened, cynical person, but just to point out that the Sun is expanding as part of it's natural progress. In several million years time the surface will be warmer and there is nothing that we can do to stop it. Unless someone here is a stellar engineer.
    I do object to people saying that an asteroid hitting the earth, or a super volcano, or any other disaster will be the end of the world. No, it will not. It might destroy all humans (on X-box and PS2 ) and maybe millions of other species, but mother nature bounces back. She has done in the past and will again in the future. To me the end of the world means destroying the planet and reducing it to rubble.

1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Russian

who knows, maybe, by the times when Sun to turn into red giant we will find our way to the other planets outside the Solar system (if won`t destroy ourselves long before this and swarming insects won`t take our place as a collective intelligence)

Level

Ethnic group
    English

Quote Originally Posted by Void
    who knows, maybe, by the times when Sun to turn into red giant we will find our way to the other planets outside the Solar system (if won`t destroy ourselves long before this and swarming insects won`t take our place as a collective intelligence)
    The bees will become the Borg

Southern Sun Achievements:
    Level
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by DGS_VEX
    china will invade taiwan in 10-20 years from now. taiwan will declare independence. taiwan btw is not as weak as you think, to my knowledge they have 1-3 million in reserves. but i think its 3.

statistics show the US can move any fleet in the world in 2 weeks. statistics show china doest have the correct ratio of amphibious vehicles to lauch a proper invasion. and statistics show china's navy sucks like hell. mostly steampowered, buggy-navy ships and no aircraft carriers while the US has enough aircraft+supercarriers to match the carriers from the rest of the world.

I find it unlikely that two giants of trading would say bye to their benefits and get into a war for the independence of an island the size of taiwan. The USA and USSR didn't blast each other when Europe and the rest of the world was teh game in town so I don't think taiwan will be such a big of an issue.

Economist in Residence Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Caucasian...Polish and French I think

Well in the short term of these coming 50 years, something major will happen with North Korea. Honestly, if we keep getting warheads into office in America then I can easily forsee a pre-emptive strike against North Korea. If this is the case, I think it would be awfully close to Iraq - we know they have a nuclear program, but whether they actually have missiles or not is the issue (sound familiar???). Anyways, the aftermath of that will affect East Asia and trade relationships greatly. China, of course, will become an epicenter of new business - if it can weed out the corruption. Until then, business will grow, yes, but much slower than if the corruption was done away with. Meanwhile, the EU will grow bigger despite the constitution's problems as of right now. On America's side - we'll go into more debt in recent years, but hopefully someone will realize that we need to repair our international ties and strengthen our bond with the entirety of the EU - not just the UK. In other words, on economic levels countries will become more tightly integrated with each other.

At a tech level - there will be some semblance of a "smart house" appliance in every household and the internet will be far more widespread than it is now (it's not as widespread as most people would like to think). Wireless will become the one and only (forget grounded wires except for super fast transfer speeds, like OC3 lines), and as a result there will be a greater communication network within and between countries. Transportation will also accelerate - some industry will arise to challenge the airline industry OR the airline industry will undergo a MAJOR change.

Socially, despite the efforts of the UN and other philanthropist countries, there will be a growing gap between the poor and rich in industrialized and industrializing countries Overall, everyone's welfare will increase, but the gap will be there nonetheless. This will spark a new period of protests and reforms. This would probably occur at the end of the 50 years. Which makes sense because that would place it just about a century after the 60s. If you look back on history, there seems to be a global major protest and reform period once a century: the 1960s, 1840s, various religious changes through the mid 1700s in Europe and Asian empires began to undergo fundamental changes in the same period)

Hm...that's about all I can think of.
    http://www.operationdeep.org
    Create Possibilities.

Junior Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

OC3's are the way to go. piracy rate up 400%

OC99999999999 everything on the net is free and everything gets around the world in 1 min.

3 months registered500 Experience Points

People will realise that global warming is not going to happen.
    The population will rise.
    Oil production will slow down.
    Food will become scarce.
    Starvation will result in wars.
    Whole countries will be wiped out.
    Genicide will happen ona major scale.
    When the population has returned to a sustainable level governments will realise the mistakes.

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic

I can think of a lot of scenario's.

1) Within 10 years some Great Power will rule the seas.
    American Aircraft Carriers will be treated as sitting ducks.

2) There will be a global up-rise against capitalism. The main idea is fair trade.
    Bubble speculations will be doomed.

3) There will grow a wide spread cultural uplifting. People share knowledge, big companies are out. Decentralized micro business will become the main driving factor in economy. It's happening already!

4) Africa will be the food production continent. Take Libya as an example. Even today Libya can produce a lot of food.
    The only problem is, Africa needs transportation facilities.
    I guess Libya is under fire, because they are rivals of the USA food companies.

5) There will be a democratization of the media. A consequence of point 3)
    Wikileaks, the Murdock media imperium, the Berlusconi imperium, they all show that the media are owned and controlled by conservative capitalist tycoons. And they have nothing to do with the freedom of speech!

If I think of more scenario's, I will post them. Enough thinking for now.

Banned Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a2* SNP P312

Ethnic group
    Proto Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by DGS_VEX View Post

Well.. This is totally obsolete already!

The USA has huge problems to invest in modern naval detection systems.
    In other words.. Submarines are getting smarter every day!

I remember submariners saying.. "On the seas are only submarines, and targets!"

Created Album pictures1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 237

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1

Ethnic group
    Germanic

Space Elevator?

I think that perhaps in 50 years the world might possibly begin building a space elevator.

Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1a1b5aSry2627
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b

Ethnic group
    European

The Fall of Western Culture and all we hold dear. While we slept

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

~~ ~~ ~~

fantastico !

1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 187

My impression? As every age, with all the differences, the future present will be harder for sensible people, easier for people who don't care about the future. This is relative to everyone of us.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast