Favorite European Vacation Spot

dutch baka said:
most vacations in europe i have spent in the netherlands on the camping .. haha really cheesie... but it was nice, this was from my 12th up to my 16th.. after that i went to Ibiza, and to benidorm ( both spain)

I have never gone camping....and I don't think it is my type of a holiday. Holiday for me doesn't include trailers...or cars for that matter!!! I am not the type of person who willingly drives all around Europe in a car....I hate the traffic jams on the highways going south during summer.....there are sooo many Danes driving south over the summer to visit Germany, France etc..
I prefer FLYING to different cities in Europe..... :blush:

Miss_apollo7 said:
I have never gone camping....and I don't think it is my type of a holiday. Holiday for me doesn't include trailers...or cars for that matter!!! I am not the type of person who willingly drives all around Europe in a car....I hate the traffic jams on the highways going south during summer.....there are sooo many Danes driving south over the summer to visit Germany, France etc..
I prefer FLYING to different cities in Europe..... :blush:

I'm with you there, trains are ok as well for not so long distances, but noo crazy drivin and trailers, unless it's like a road trip :blush:

Duo said:
I'm with you there, trains are ok as well for not so long distances, but noo crazy drivin and trailers, unless it's like a road trip :blush:

...yes, unless it is a road trip, but I have to stick to planes...much quicker to get to the destination.... :blush: No road trips for me..... :relief:

I prefer staying at hotels instead of camping....so even thouhg someone wants to FLY me to a campers' site, trailer park....I would stick to a hotel nearby...:D

I wouldn't spend my holiday camping singing "cumbaya" eating marshmellows and drinking instant coffee.....I would prefer RESTAURANTS!!!!! :blush:

I have to say ibiza.
Unfortunately peoples first thought of Ibiza is the larger lout culture that plagues parts of the island.
around the island there are beautiful beaches, crystal clear and ususaly calm waters and fantastic natural scenery.
Head for places like Es Cana, Santa Eulalia and if you like things really quiet, Cala Llonga.

I've always wanted to go to Spain. I love most the mediterannean, hopefully I will get to return to Italy for vacation :p

I was planning on retiring to Italy with TwistedMac. I don't know if he's still up for it, though... :p

I havent got much to compare to as im only 15 but i prefer laid back by the pool holidays such as Greece and Barcelona. But on the other hand i loved it on our 2 nights at amsterdam where we watched ajax beat az

My friends from Germany are visiting me 2 times a year. I always book a place for them in aston hostel. Never had problems with accomodation. My buddies claim it's quite clean and cosy.

If anyone's interested, just check here aston-hostel.pl/en. There is an english version, and also russian, so navigation should be easy for anyone. What's more, there'a an useful information for booking and stuff..

It’s horses for courses ennit?

I like Wales, well I would, and Llandudno (say it like “clan dud no”) is well deserving of the title of queen of North Wales resorts. A well preserved Victorian sea side place if you like that sort of thing.

A place that might be called “Llareggub” rather than as it is if you’re looking for an active holiday (you need to know about Under Milk Wood to understand that!) but if it’s what you like it’s great.

The weather is best described as Welsh though, so it’s Tenerife for me for a bit of Sun Sand and Sangria.

Or Hahnenklee for a shopping trip close to Christmas. Lovely place to stay, handy for Hanover and Goslar, and a smashing drive from Calais through the nice bits of Europe to the Harz Wald.

AS for the Isle of Man, it’s pants. Over priced, dirty, nothing to do, and very rude people everywhere.

Some nice to your face, but horrid behind your back. The most helpful people there are foreign workers.

Well, I have never been to Wales, but if you claim it's a cool, i think i'll consider checkin it out.
Could you please paste some photos, or website links?
I wander who are those helpful foreigners? Polish? Ukrainian? Russian?

The south of France and Italy have my vote. More specifically south-eastern France from the Rhône delta eastward and the western half of the Italian peninsula until Campania.

Well, I have never been to Wales, but if you claim it's a cool, i think i'll consider checkin it out.
Could you please paste some photos, or website links?
I wander who are those helpful foreigners? Polish? Ukrainian? Russian?

When I say cool I mean it’s usually cold. And damp. Whenever you see green fields and clean sheep it means it usually rains.

The green fields of Wales are legendry, and the sheep are spotless.

Our weather isn’t the best in the world, we get a great deal of rain because of our geographic location and the effects of the mountain ranges creating a rain deposition zone when the wind is from the South West and has come across the Atlantic.

Our prevailing wind is South West.

Wales is a great place, if you want a very quiet holiday but it’s not good if you want a bit of night life. Not that there isn’t any, just that it’s hard to find.

Here’s a link to the Llandudno web site http://www.llandudno.com/ but I would point out that it’s nescessery to undertand what’s written about the place.

For example when it says “Llandudno has kept its Victorian and Edwardian elegance and splendour, despite its modern attractions” what it means is that the bloody place has hardly changed in the last hundred years except for a few new shop fronts and a swimming pool.

Not that is a bad thing, if you like quiet traditional British sea side “bucket and spade on the sand” holidays.

Wales is unquestionably a beautiful place to visit though the South is spoiled by industrial scars. I wouldn’t live anywhere else.

But be warned. Like anywhere in Britain you’ll get ripped off (the British seem to use the same word for “foreigner” as “victim”) and the food will be ……… variable. Best stick to Chinese “carry-out’s”. Accommodation will also be …… variable, and very expensive for what you get.

Here’s another site, this time about the whole of Wales, http://www.visitwales.co.uk/ and here’s a site that covers the day to day things going on http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/

AS for the Isle of Man (A MUST avoid) the foreign staff who were most helpful there were the young Polish people and the young Spanish and Portuguese all of who seem to have been lumbered with the work the Manx can’t or won’t do.

your buddies are God damn right! :) I've been to Poland twice, first time when I got there I booked a single room in Aston Hostel and it was pretty cool, so when next time I got back with friends of mine we returned, because it was already checked by me the last time and we were sure that it's going to be allright :) and it was :)

So what's your favorite place in Europe to go in vacation ?
The hot southern sea side or perhaps the northern central snowy mountain ranges? Or maybe the low countries, Belgium and Netherlands? and dairy heaven pastural Denmark? Or maybe a bit up more in the ice cold rivers of Sweden, Norway and Finland.
well you tell me

Calella, Spain an hour north of Barcelona on the east coast. Have been there several times on vacation. I love laxing on the beach with a cold glass of cola after a long winter here in the cold north.

Barcelona is amazing and offers a great mix of attractions including architecture, monuments, museums, city life, nightlife and beaches. It is one of my favorite destination.

Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world.

This thread has been viewed 62763 times.

Back