Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 62

Thread: Favorite European Vacation Spot

  1. #1
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Favorite European Vacation Spot



    So what's your favorite place in Europe to go in vacation ?

    The hot southern sea side or perhaps the northern central snowy mountain ranges? Or maybe the low countries, Belgium and Netherlands? and dairy heaven pastural Denmark? Or maybe a bit up more in the ice cold rivers of Sweden, Norway and Finland.

    well you tell me

  2. #2
    Set me free Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Anchyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-05-05
    Location
    Maribor
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51


    Country: Slovenia



    I like to go to Croatia.... I mean there is a lot of sea and other things. A lot of beautiful cities to visit and I really had a lot of fun when I was there.
    But the only bad thing is, that the beaches and cities are dirty.
    I was on one beach in Sibenik and it was very dirty. There were garbage all over the place...

  3. #3
    The contact Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Lacan's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-08-04
    Location
    france
    Posts
    40


    Ethnic group
    french west indies
    Country: France



    I would say Ireland, I just love the nature and the people


    Lacan,
    Abel,
    Fei,
    Kim,
    Grahf,
    Id


    I had so many names...

  4. #4
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Quote Originally Posted by anchyyy
    I like to go to Croatia.... I mean there is a lot of sea and other things. A lot of beautiful cities to visit and I really had a lot of fun when I was there.
    But the only bad thing is, that the beaches and cities are dirty.
    I was on one beach in Sibenik and it was very dirty. There were garbage all over the place...

    yeahh,,,, that's a bit of problem in many balkan beaches, heheh

  5. #5
    Set me free Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Anchyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-05-05
    Location
    Maribor
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51


    Country: Slovenia



    Yes..but turists still love to go there

  6. #6
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    misa.j's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-05-04
    Location
    NYS, US
    Age
    47
    Posts
    234


    Ethnic group
    Asian
    Country: United States



    There are so many places I would like to go in Europe.
    I've never been there, so any places are mysterious and fascinating to me.
    Spain has been very atractive to me recently, and also I would like to see the building that has no straight line in Malta Island.

  7. #7
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Quote Originally Posted by anchyyy
    Yes..but turists still love to go there

    Especially slovenes who have but 40km or so of beach and can go rub the superior cash flow into the the resentful croat facial expressions ;)

  8. #8
    Set me free Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Anchyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-05-05
    Location
    Maribor
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51


    Country: Slovenia



    Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    Especially slovenes who have but 40km or so of beach and can go rub the superior cash flow into the the resentful croat facial expressions ;)
    You got the point baby!!!!

  9. #9
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    yeah is cool ;)

    I think that the mediterranean is the best vacation place ever, not just in Europe. And Crotia has a huge chunk of it, more then they deserve i feel
    I mean Bosnia has like but 1 km of coast then ur bak in Croatia again
    that's just crazy stuff, but oh well........ maybe you wealthy slovenes should try to come down to Albania more often, we got the adriatic and Ionian see, hoaaa, 2 instead of just one, and i bet we can be more amicable hosts ;)

  10. #10
    Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Miss_apollo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-03-04
    Age
    40
    Posts
    315


    Ethnic group
    I am from YOKOHAMA,Japan!!
    Country: Denmark



    My favourrite spots so far are:

    LONDON
    BERLIN
    ROME

    (yes, I am a city-person and not a beach-person)

    My best friend is going to Croatia and I have seen the pictures from the place she will be staying for a week....I wouldn't mind a "beach-vacation" one day....When I go to the beach to get tanned, to swin and play frisbee with friends, I always go to the one close to where I live (about 10 mins by foot)...

  11. #11
    Set me free Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Anchyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-05-05
    Location
    Maribor
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51


    Country: Slovenia



    Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    maybe you wealthy slovenes should try to come down to Albania more often, we got the adriatic and Ionian see, hoaaa, 2 instead of just one, and i bet we can be more amicable hosts ;)
    Lol! I think most of slovenes don't want to go to Albania. Sad but true. But I like to try to go everywhere I can. I love to travel and to have fun.

  12. #12
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Quote Originally Posted by anchyyy
    Lol! I think most of slovenes don't want to go to Albania. Sad but true. But I like to try to go everywhere I can. I love to travel and to have fun.
    Yeah oh well, i think most slovenes don't know much about Albania, plus using Siptar as derrogatory term doesn't help things, well hopefully this summer my slovene friend is comin whilst i go on vacation there so he can spread the word ;)

  13. #13
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_apollo7
    My favourrite spots so far are:

    LONDON
    BERLIN
    ROME

    (yes, I am a city-person and not a beach-person)

    My best friend is going to Croatia and I have seen the pictures from the place she will be staying for a week....I wouldn't mind a "beach-vacation" one day....When I go to the beach to get tanned, to swin and play frisbee with friends, I always go to the one close to where I live (about 10 mins by foot)...

    Uffff, u said the magic word, Rome, great city....

    Isn't it cold at that beach where you go? I know here in Belgium the northern sea is FREEZINGggggg, i don't know how people can swim there, but Miss Apollo, maybe you should give the hot beachside scene a chance ;)

  14. #14
    Set me free Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Anchyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-05-05
    Location
    Maribor
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51


    Country: Slovenia



    Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    Yeah oh well, i think most slovenes don't know much about Albania, plus using Siptar as derrogatory term doesn't help things, well hopefully this summer my slovene friend is comin whilst i go on vacation there so he can spread the word ;)
    It's true. I personally don't now nothing about Albania. But most of people in Slovenia think that it's not ok to go there just because of muslims and soo on. They have diffrent reasons and believe me they will always find at least one more...

  15. #15
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Heh, that's weird the muslim thing, first because most albanians are not religious at all and second because you guys are just about to build a huge islamic center in the middle of Ljubjana soooooooo, a bit ironic ;)

    But i guess this goes to prove our stupid old sterotypes and barriers that inhibit the balkans from progressing further more, and that's why we need the EU, to save us from our own stupidity

  16. #16
    Set me free Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Anchyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-05-05
    Location
    Maribor
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51


    Country: Slovenia



    Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    Heh, that's weird the muslim thing, first because most albanians are not religious at all and second because you guys are just about to build a huge islamic center in the middle of Ljubjana soooooooo, a bit ironic ;)

    But i guess this goes to prove our stupid old sterotypes and barriers that inhibit the balkans from progressing further more, and that's why we need the EU, to save us from our own stupidity
    You're right. That huge islamic center in the middle of Ljubljana...people fought about that so long i can't even remember when that crap started. And still there are a lot of them that still don't want it.

    And that EU thing...I don't like it very much. But in that point you are right

  17. #17
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Yeah that actually annoys me also, building that center

    but anyways bak to the main topic, i hear slovenia is also a pretty cool to visit, like there are those caves, good ski resorts, and good pizza for cheap and a lot of cute girls

  18. #18
    Set me free Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Anchyyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-05-05
    Location
    Maribor
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51


    Country: Slovenia



    Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    Yeah that actually annoys me also, building that center

    but anyways bak to the main topic, i hear slovenia is also a pretty cool to visit, like there are those caves, good ski resorts, and good pizza for cheap and a lot of cute girls
    You should really come to visit Slovenia. It is b-e-a-utiful . Especally Maribor is good. I live here Everytime is something hapening. I am never bored when i go to the city shopping or so...and yes it is a place of cute girls

    Pizza is good too and we got our special food like Over Mura moving pie strange name but it is good
    Last edited by Anchyyy; 02-06-05 at 19:45.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

    Join Date
    02-12-04
    Location
    Finland
    Age
    35
    Posts
    87


    Ethnic group
    ^^;
    Country: Finland



    In the summer, definitely Finland. Especially in July.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months

    - Oscar Wilde

  20. #20
    FIGHTING FOR JPOP Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Dutch Baka's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-02-05
    Location
    amsterdam
    Age
    34
    Posts
    340


    Ethnic group
    dutch
    Country: Japan-Hyogo



    most vacations in europe i have spent in the netherlands on the camping .. haha really cheesie... but it was nice, this was from my 12th up to my 16th.. after that i went to Ibiza, and to benidorm ( both spain)

    i liked that the most Ibiza!!!! nice clubbing, and the island is great.. the got some really great pirate caves, and the old city is wonderful!!!

    but the best place is for sure PARIS.. i have been there twice, totaly 1 and 4 days, but it is beautifull, architecture, food, live.. ( except most people LOL )

  21. #21
    Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Miss_apollo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-03-04
    Age
    40
    Posts
    315


    Ethnic group
    I am from YOKOHAMA,Japan!!
    Country: Denmark



    Quote Originally Posted by dutch baka
    most vacations in europe i have spent in the netherlands on the camping .. haha really cheesie... but it was nice, this was from my 12th up to my 16th.. after that i went to Ibiza, and to benidorm ( both spain)
    I have never gone camping....and I don't think it is my type of a holiday. Holiday for me doesn't include trailers...or cars for that matter!!! I am not the type of person who willingly drives all around Europe in a car....I hate the traffic jams on the highways going south during summer.....there are sooo many Danes driving south over the summer to visit Germany, France etc..
    I prefer FLYING to different cities in Europe.....

  22. #22
    Southern Sun Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Duo's Avatar
    Join Date
    25-04-03
    Location
    The EU capital
    Posts
    655
    Points
    12,140
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,140, Level: 33
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Belgium



    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_apollo7
    I have never gone camping....and I don't think it is my type of a holiday. Holiday for me doesn't include trailers...or cars for that matter!!! I am not the type of person who willingly drives all around Europe in a car....I hate the traffic jams on the highways going south during summer.....there are sooo many Danes driving south over the summer to visit Germany, France etc..
    I prefer FLYING to different cities in Europe.....

    I'm with you there, trains are ok as well for not so long distances, but noo crazy drivin and trailers, unless it's like a road trip

  23. #23
    Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Miss_apollo7's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-03-04
    Age
    40
    Posts
    315


    Ethnic group
    I am from YOKOHAMA,Japan!!
    Country: Denmark



    Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    I'm with you there, trains are ok as well for not so long distances, but noo crazy drivin and trailers, unless it's like a road trip
    ...yes, unless it is a road trip, but I have to stick to planes...much quicker to get to the destination.... No road trips for me.....

    I prefer staying at hotels instead of camping....so even thouhg someone wants to FLY me to a campers' site, trailer park....I would stick to a hotel nearby...

    I wouldn't spend my holiday camping singing "cumbaya" eating marshmellows and drinking instant coffee.....I would prefer RESTAURANTS!!!!!

  24. #24
    The Hairy Wookie Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Mycernius's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-05
    Location
    Hometown of George Eliot
    Age
    49
    Posts
    916
    Points
    21,649
    Level
    44
    Points: 21,649, Level: 44
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    English
    Country: UK - England



    The Isle of Man for me. It might be a little island in the middle of the Irish sea (30 miles long, 10 miles across), but to me it is one of the quietest and picturesque places in Europe.

  25. #25
    Read It And Weep Achievements:
    1 year registered
    smoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-02-05
    Location
    London
    Age
    34
    Posts
    171


    Country: United Kingdom



    I have to say ibiza.
    Unfortunately peoples first thought of Ibiza is the larger lout culture that plagues parts of the island.
    around the island there are beautiful beaches, crystal clear and ususaly calm waters and fantastic natural scenery.
    Head for places like Es Cana, Santa Eulalia and if you like things really quiet, Cala Llonga.

    A Tattoo And Piercing Community

    Jesus Is A Punk Rocker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where are you going for your 2011 summer vacation? or where have you gone?
    By julia90 in forum Travelling & Living in Europe
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-12-18, 12:08
  2. Do You Have a Favorite Painting ?
    By Sensuikan San in forum Other Serious Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 31-05-18, 20:26
  3. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 18-05-18, 14:05
  4. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-08-09, 10:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •