Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Are you Anti-EU or Pro-EU?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Pro-EU

19 33.93%
  • Mildly Pro-EU

6 10.71%
  • Slightly Pro-EU

7 12.50%
  • Neither Pro or Anti

5 8.93%
  • Slightly Anti-EU

5 8.93%
  • Mildly Anti-EU

5 8.93%
  • Very Anti-EU

9 16.07%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro-EU or Anti-EU

Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Like between my and my Muslim or Hindu neighbor?
    I think as long as your neighbors are loyal to Canada that is great, who would complain. But in Europe we have many different diverse cultures that have lived here for centuries if not millennia, and to take away their sovereignty to put them in some superstate is a bad thing in my opinion.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Dinarid View Post
    I think as long as your neighbors are loyal to Canada that is great, who would complain. But in Europe we have many different diverse cultures that have lived here for centuries if not millennia, and to take away their sovereignty to put them in some superstate is a bad thing in my opinion.
    So let me get it straight. You are for European Union but at the same time you are afraid of it? Perhaps it is like getting married, starting your own family. You are gaining a lot but you are losing your independence. Exciting and scary experience at the same time.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat

So let me get it straight. You are for European Union but at the same time you are afraid of it? Perhaps it is like getting married, starting your own family. You are gaining a lot but you are losing your independence.
    I am afraid of it as it stands now. I don't see that it should be like marriage- I think it should be a simple alliance like NATO or CIS to arbitrate between and help promote commerce for member states with common defence as well.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

I am afraid of it as it stands now. I don't see that it should be like marriage- I think it should be a simple alliance like NATO or CIS to arbitrate between and help promote commerce for member states with common defence as well.
    Even under some limited military and trade alliance it dictates compliance to common rules, some loss of independence. There is also involvement of pan-state judicial system in trade disputes, trade rules, taxes and fees paid in support of common army.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat

Even under some limited military and trade alliance it dictates compliance to common rules, some loss of independence. There is also involvement of pan-state judicial system in trade disputes, trade rules, taxes and fees paid in support of common army.
    By independence, I mean the local government has more power than the government. And this arbitration is only between nations. Some external influence is not necessarily the worst thing.

Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 1.0%

But we don't want that. Do you care about the desires of the European people? Europeans did not sign up to give away their countries, only to form a union to prevent further violence, but Brussels is corrupt and out of control. Europe isn't supposed to be like America, Europe is made up of different countries, with different currencies, borders, etc.
    If we want that EU works, it should be a state akin to USA. These countries whose want to not give their sovereignty to the union, better let them go. It would be better for all. EU need to be a real state.

Level

So you want a United Europe but every country doing their own thing? There is already system invented like this. It is called anarchy.
    A lot of today's problems on Europe are caused by this mess. No one knows what really~ EU~ means.

Level

If that~ super state~ as you already called, would be a liberal-democratic one, I don't see what's the problem here.

Today the indigenous population of USA, are maintaining their language and some of their cultural heritage.

Level

So let me get it straight. You are for European Union but at the same time you are afraid of it? Perhaps it is like getting married, starting your own family. You are gaining a lot but you are losing your independence. Exciting and scary experience at the same time.
    That kind of marriage it's destined to fail. It doesn't work if both guys are not taking their responsibility and this includes to loose some freedom. If you want your freedom, please, don't get married .

Level

Now, it's a mess. Nor a state, nor an organization such as NATO.
    Or get married, or stay bachelor. Don't stay in the middle.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 987
    Overall activity: 45.0%

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piro Ilir View Post
    If we want that EU works, it should be a state akin to USA. These countries whose want to not give their sovereignty to the union, better let them go. It would be better for all. EU need to be a real state.
    well, first of all let the European government be elected then like the federal government is in the US

now the EU government members are appointed by the political parties
    most of them are semi-retired politicians who are getting an overpaid pension by residing in the EU government for a couple of years
    they like to make big speeches but they have no acountability at all for what they say or do

the whole system should be reformed, but the politicians won't do that, it is to favourable for themseves as it is now

ReichsRitter Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 Z140 *Y6910
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1b1 Germanic-Baltic

Ethnic group
    Baltic/German

I think that European Union idea was hijacked by former Euro-'Conmunists' who were disappointed the way Soviet Union turned out. Euro-commune builders wanted 'gentler and softer' version of Lenin and "radical communist of the Communist Party of Germany,Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg". Both versions failed terribly in both countries. Nothing came out of Weimar experiment also. The idea of Europeans living with Europeans in peace is great. We all know who was the biggest 'fan' of that idea-Herr Adolph... This why, no matter how the extremist-left tries to impose 'multi-culti'- it will not work, because to work as Pan-European state it has to be a State. That means one culture, one language and one tradition. Now, what tradition created Europe as we know; Europe of 'Vienna miracle' when polish Europeans saved the rest of Europe from the Sultan? Isn't Chistianity? That all uniting idea of 'holly roman empire for every one'. Remember what the last Pope ( the one that won the war with the Soviets) said? He reminded to include in European charter the words about European Christianity, because without it - it's no Europe.
    Now we have about to happen breakthrough in robotics. That will eliminate the need for 'uneducated work force' in Europe. Nice, right? So, why do Europe invite in millions 'uneducated workforce' from totally foreign culture? 'Super political post-'communistic' so called elite needs votes to stay in power. It's Brezhnev's era in Soviet Union part two.
    Good luck, my dear Europe...

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnenburg View Post
    I think that European Union idea was hijacked by former Euro-'Conmunists' who were disappointed the way Soviet Union turned out. Euro-commune builders wanted 'gentler and softer' version of Lenin and "radical communist of the Communist Party of Germany,Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg". Both versions failed terribly in both countries. Nothing came out of Weimar experiment also. The idea of Europeans living with Europeans in peace is great. We all know who was the biggest 'fan' of that idea-Herr Adolph... This why, no matter how the extremist-left tries to impose 'multi-culti'- it will not work, because to work as Pan-European state it has to be a State. That means one culture, one language and one tradition. Now, what tradition created Europe as we know; Europe of 'Vienna miracle' when polish Europeans saved the rest of Europe from the Sultan? Isn't Chistianity? That all uniting idea of 'holly roman empire for every one'. Remember what the last Pope ( the one that won the war with the Soviets) said? He reminded to include in European charter the words about European Christianity, because without it - it's no Europe.
    Now we have about to happen breakthrough in robotics. That will eliminate the need for 'uneducated work force' in Europe. Nice, right? So, why do Europe invite in millions 'uneducated workforce' from totally foreign culture? 'Super political post-'communistic' so called elite needs votes to stay in power. It's Brezhnev's era in Soviet Union part two.
    Good luck, my dear Europe...
    I can see your dramma. You were borne 1000 years too late. Take your horse and a lance and go on crusade.

ReichsRitter Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 11.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1 Z140 *Y6910
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1b1 Germanic-Baltic

Ethnic group
    Baltic/German

That may be right, still, there is a saying that no one is born in a wrong time.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b – Dinaric
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Herzegovinan Croat

Quote Originally Posted by Piro Ilir View Post
    Even if some countries want to give up their culture and betray their history, it won't end well. It will be broken up by separatism. You basically want to create a larger, more advanced, modern, and thus more dangerous Jugoslavija.

Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 801
    Overall activity: 9.0%

Mass migration a people to Europe from wider African and Asian areas create big challenges and require new solutions. Experiences show that individual countries cannot solve alone these challenges. EU level is necessary. These days we can read about European border forces. It is right direction, and in this way EU become stronger and more coherent.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Mass migration a people to Europe from wider African and Asian areas create big challenges and require new solutions. Experiences show that individual countries cannot solve alone these challenges. EU level is necessary. These days we can read about European border forces. It is right direction, and in this way EU become stronger and more coherent.
    Exactly. This should be the biggest dialogue all EU countries should be involved in. There has to be a unified front and solution. Immigration should be controlled and in manageable level, otherwise it is a mess, not good for anyone.
    I said this 3 years ago when the big problem started, and I stand by it now.

7 days registered

Level
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 58

The EU needs to centralize itself further in order to become a key player in international geopolitics independent of both Russian and American interests.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123