Politics Pro-EU or Anti-EU

I'm absolutely pro-EU.
For me europeans are may brothers with a common millenary history.
I dream a federal Europe with no countries but only regions with a wide autonomy. We can stay united in our differences.

I am PRO-EU ONLY if all nations in Europe are removed , if not , then I am ANTI-EU

EU cannot function with nations within it having so much power

Interesting results, I'm very pro-EU myself but I love diversity in opinion. I'd love to hear from some people who are anti-EU.

I am very pro-EU too. Ofcourse there are things only national gouvernments can decide on. But many things should be handeld by Brussels. Foreign-policy for example. I also think the level of education and healthcare should be the same in every country in the EU. To have a common foreign policy we should also have a European Army. Combining all the European army's to one so we can be a better partner in NATO and can act on ourselves without the finite help of the USA. The crisis in Ukrain, for example, could have been avoided if the EU had already integrated to a federation.

I am pro EU. But EU need to change. Only one constitution, only one government, only one army, only one currency, only one borderline, etc etc. They need more centralization, if they want less problems and troubles on the future. They need to be a real state, as it is
well USA

I want a united Europe, but there must be freedom for all peoples (like mine), border controls, less power for Brussels to set policies, no enforcement of laws based on liberal-leftist moral codes, restricted immigration, and no federalism. To me, European federalists are mentally insane fascists. You can't get Slavs to join if you force your morals and ethnocentrism on us, and immigration (especially Islamic).

I am pro EU. But EU need to change. Only one constitution, only one government, only one army, only one currency, only one borderline, etc etc. They need more centralization, if they want less problems and troubles on the future. They need to be a real state, as it is
well USA

But we don't want that. Do you care about the desires of the European people? Europeans did not sign up to give away their countries, only to form a union to prevent further violence, but Brussels is corrupt and out of control. Europe isn't supposed to be like America, Europe is made up of different countries, with different currencies, borders, etc.

To an extent, but the nations of Canada and America are already part of a larger entity to which they are loyal and there are far less cultural differences.
Like between me and my Muslim or Hindu neighbor?

I want a united Europe, but there must be freedom for all peoples (like mine), border controls, less power for Brussels to set policies, no enforcement of laws based on liberal-leftist moral codes, restricted immigration, and no federalism. To me, European federalists are mentally insane fascists. You can't get Slavs to join if you force your morals and ethnocentrism on us, and immigration (especially Islamic).
So you want a United Europe but every country doing their own thing? There is already system invented like this. It is called anarchy.

Like between my and my Muslim or Hindu neighbor?
I think as long as your neighbors are loyal to Canada that is great, who would complain. But in Europe we have many different diverse cultures that have lived here for centuries if not millennia, and to take away their sovereignty to put them in some superstate is a bad thing in my opinion.

I think as long as your neighbors are loyal to Canada that is great, who would complain. But in Europe we have many different diverse cultures that have lived here for centuries if not millennia, and to take away their sovereignty to put them in some superstate is a bad thing in my opinion.
So let me get it straight. You are for European Union but at the same time you are afraid of it? Perhaps it is like getting married, starting your own family. You are gaining a lot but you are losing your independence. Exciting and scary experience at the same time.

So let me get it straight. You are for European Union but at the same time you are afraid of it? Perhaps it is like getting married, starting your own family. You are gaining a lot but you are losing your independence.
I am afraid of it as it stands now. I don't see that it should be like marriage- I think it should be a simple alliance like NATO or CIS to arbitrate between and help promote commerce for member states with common defence as well.

I am afraid of it as it stands now. I don't see that it should be like marriage- I think it should be a simple alliance like NATO or CIS to arbitrate between and help promote commerce for member states with common defence as well.
Even under some limited military and trade alliance it dictates compliance to common rules, some loss of independence. There is also involvement of pan-state judicial system in trade disputes, trade rules, taxes and fees paid in support of common army.

Even under some limited military and trade alliance it dictates compliance to common rules, some loss of independence. There is also involvement of pan-state judicial system in trade disputes, trade rules, taxes and fees paid in support of common army.
By independence, I mean the local government has more power than the government. And this arbitration is only between nations. Some external influence is not necessarily the worst thing.

But we don't want that. Do you care about the desires of the European people? Europeans did not sign up to give away their countries, only to form a union to prevent further violence, but Brussels is corrupt and out of control. Europe isn't supposed to be like America, Europe is made up of different countries, with different currencies, borders, etc.
If we want that EU works, it should be a state akin to USA. These countries whose want to not give their sovereignty to the union, better let them go. It would be better for all. EU need to be a real state.

So you want a United Europe but every country doing their own thing? There is already system invented like this. It is called anarchy.
A lot of today's problems on Europe are caused by this mess. No one knows what really~ EU~ means.

If that~ super state~ as you already called, would be a liberal-democratic one, I don't see what's the problem here.

Today the indigenous population of USA, are maintaining their language and some of their cultural heritage.

So let me get it straight. You are for European Union but at the same time you are afraid of it? Perhaps it is like getting married, starting your own family. You are gaining a lot but you are losing your independence. Exciting and scary experience at the same time.
That kind of marriage it's destined to fail. It doesn't work if both guys are not taking their responsibility and this includes to loose some freedom. If you want your freedom, please, don't get married [emoji23] .

Now, it's a mess. Nor a state, nor an organization such as NATO.
Or get married, or stay bachelor. Don't stay in the middle.

This thread has been viewed 48622 times.

Back