Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traveling to Ireland & Scotland

Pancake Mistress Achievements:
    1 year registered

Traveling to Ireland & Scotland

yay! i get to go to Ireland and Scotland in a week..just hoping ppl know good places i could go see in my free time there after all the stuff my mom already planned...i should be in Ireland for a week and then flying over to Scotland...cause we are going to a World Science Fiction convention ^_^

so if anybody knows some cool places to check out let me know.

Dank coo!

The Wonderer Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    Scottish/ Irish

I don't know about Ireland but for the time that you're in Scotland I recommend seeing Stirling Castle for the excellent history on view.
    Other places to see would be:
    Loch Lomand
    Glasgow
    Edinburgh Castle
    Edinburgh itself - Ha, ha that goes without saying, Edinburgh seems to be the tourist hotspot of Scotland.
    Also if you travel outside of urban Scotland into the rural areas availible then you want to take a look at the various hills that can be walked such as the Campsie Hills.
    Glengoyne distillery is popular too, it's only worth seeing if you like whiskey though. It's about twenty to thirty miles outside of Glasgow in the direction of Stirling.

I abuse commas

1 year registered

now i talk to my mom about it...and now were only traveling around ireland..we are only going to be in scotland for a few days...just enough for the convention

i really wish my dad could of taken 3 weeks off...

1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by XxSirenxX
    now i talk to my mom about it...and now were only traveling around ireland..we are only going to be in scotland for a few days...just enough for the convention

i really wish my dad could of taken 3 weeks off...
    now i found out we are going to be there for like 5 days...that is enough to go around the city for awhile...

im going to hate flying so much...6 flights total...yarg dublin and glasgow for not leting us fly directly home from their airports >: (

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    I am from YOKOHAMA,Japan!!

YEAH!

I am going to Dublin, Ireland in the middle of November...
    We will visit Guiness brewery, Old Jameson Distillery, the Kilmainhaim jail etc...

1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_apollo7
    YEAH!

I am going to Dublin, Ireland in the middle of November...
    We will visit Guiness brewery, Old Jameson Distillery, the Kilmainhaim jail etc...
    lol awesome! we went past the guinness brewery...didnt go in though...i had a few myself...its not that bad really ^_^

i saw the cliffs of moher, aran islands, got to kiss the blanery stone, powerscourt gardens(so pretty!), st. patricks cathedral, trinity college, the burren, national stud farm(i <3 horses), and a few other castles and plenty of churches...

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group

lol awesome! we went past the guinness brewery...didnt go in though...i had a few myself...its not that bad really ^_^

i saw the cliffs of moher, aran islands, got to kiss the blanery stone, powerscourt gardens(so pretty!), st. patricks cathedral, trinity college, the burren, national stud farm(i <3 horses), and a few other castles and plenty of churches...
    I am going to Trinity College too, especially to see the Book of kells

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered

I am going to Trinity College too, especially to see the Book of kells
    hey, you are going to my home, thats great news

well, there are many things to see and do in ireland,
    of course there is a lot of beautiful architecture in dublin such as the customs house

st patricks cathedral

dublin castle and the list goes on

most of the museums are free to enter, including the national art and history museums

of course trinity library and go to irish pubs

if you have time to travel around ireland there are daytrips to glendalough where you can see a round tower and other very old irish buildings

its in wicklow where i am from and is called the garden of ireland and rightly so , but november is cold and dark so go early

if you can travel a bit farther you should see the rock of cashel in tipperary
    it is one of my favorite places in ireland and it is historically one of the most important castles in ireland, without that castle ireland might be a viking nation today

closer to dublin is Newgrange, which is a fantasic place and they say its 5000 years old - the oldest building in europe

further away on the west coast there ar the cliffs of moher

even yoda has visited there apparently

there are other places of course, i dont have time to name them all
    but the Curragh is famous for racehorse and there is a japanese garden there
    its also where many scenes from braveheart and saving private ryan were filmed

kilkenny is a beautiful city with an old castle and where i went to school

also bunratty castle

galway is famous for being the friendliest city in ireland

youll be able to see many traditional thatched cottages evebn today

and on a cold winter evening if you dont know what to do you should check out the - arthouse cinema , even if you dont watch a movie the atmosphere in the glass roofed courtyard is great and the food is pretty reasonable

you should go to bewleys oriental cafe for tea or coffee, not the one on grafton street though as it has gone a bit upmarket
    bewleys is an irish instituiona nd there ued to be a branch in harajuku
    sadly it is now an irish pub

temple bar is the dublin tourist spot and is quite cool but a bit more expensive than other places

irish food is nothing to brag about so please try the many foreign food retaurants

if you like chocolate, butlers could well be the most delicious in the world, so whatever you dont miss out, and the prices are reasonable too

ireland has become a little expensive though so bring plenty of cash or eat supermarket food

well, enjoy, all who are going to ireland

and what XxSirenxX said

1 year registered

eeee! i saw the cliffs of Moher! but not from that angle cause they were doing construction for something...but i was on teh top left part by the tower..which of course they made into another shop...but yea i went to like all the places you have pics for...it was so beautiful there

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group

Quote Originally Posted by deadhippo
    hey, you are going to my home, thats great news

well, there are many things to see and do in ireland,
    of course there is a lot of beautiful architecture in dublin such as the customs house

st patricks cathedral

dublin castle and the list goes on

most of the museums are free to enter, including the national art and history museums

of course trinity library and go to irish pubs

if you have time to travel around ireland there are daytrips to glendalough where you can see a round tower and other very old irish buildings

its in wicklow where i am from and is called the garden of ireland and rightly so , but november is cold and dark so go early

if you can travel a bit farther you should see the rock of cashel in tipperary
    it is one of my favorite places in ireland and it is historically one of the most important castles in ireland, without that castle ireland might be a viking nation today

closer to dublin is Newgrange, which is a fantasic place and they say its 5000 years old - the oldest building in europe

further away on the west coast there ar the cliffs of moher

even yoda has visited there apparently

there are other places of course, i dont have time to name them all
    but the Curragh is famous for racehorse and there is a japanese garden there
    its also where many scenes from braveheart and saving private ryan were filmed

kilkenny is a beautiful city with an old castle and where i went to school

also bunratty castle

galway is famous for being the friendliest city in ireland

youll be able to see many traditional thatched cottages evebn today

and on a cold winter evening if you dont know what to do you should check out the - arthouse cinema , even if you dont watch a movie the atmosphere in the glass roofed courtyard is great and the food is pretty reasonable

you should go to bewleys oriental cafe for tea or coffee, not the one on grafton street though as it has gone a bit upmarket
    bewleys is an irish instituiona nd there ued to be a branch in harajuku
    sadly it is now an irish pub

temple bar is the dublin tourist spot and is quite cool but a bit more expensive than other places

irish food is nothing to brag about so please try the many foreign food retaurants

if you like chocolate, butlers could well be the most delicious in the world, so whatever you dont miss out, and the prices are reasonable too

ireland has become a little expensive though so bring plenty of cash or eat supermarket food

well, enjoy, all who are going to ireland

and what XxSirenxX said
    WOW!!! Thanks for posting the pictures deadhippo!!! I will definately check some of the places out!!

1 year registered

WOW!!! Thanks for posting the pictures deadhippo!!! I will definately check some of the places out!!
    youre welcome
    i want people to see some of the many beautiful things there are to see in ireland
    here are some irish tourist sites some of which will send tourist info to your door...for free

Meath
    Wicklow - my home
    Wexford
    West Ireland

there are more but i dont have so much time

also if you get a chance to go to the north you should check out the giants causeway (I have never been there )

1 year registered

i really wanted to see the giants causeway..but that would be the only thing we would actually want to see of northern ireland...

1 year registered

i really wanted to see the giants causeway..but that would be the only thing we would actually want to see of northern ireland...
    why?
    i think you would be missing out on a lot of things

Northern Ireland Tourism

Cat lover Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group

I'd love to visit the Giants Causeway, however, I will only be in Dublin and its surroundings....

I can only just IMAGINE myself standing on the rocks looking at the sunset...

devil's advocate Achievements:
    1 year registered

Ethnic group
    bastard

I've been meaning to travel Ireland for sooo long now, it's quite sad I couldn't get to it yet.

The Cliffs of Moher look very impressive. I love great cliffs. There is something so very primal and simple to them that attracts me I think.

Just added another point on my travel list. :)

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered

1 members found this post helpful.
    well,i ve never been in ireland or scotland,but i ve heard that people especially in ireland are much more friendly than th most people of europe.i m sure about that cause i ve watched some documantaries about this countries and both of them,i mean people from both countries seem to be very openhearted.i ve got to go sometime to both of countries in any case!

3 months registered

wow!all of this photos,mate,seem to be very good,exciting i d say.such beautiful castles.they all look bey huge!sorry for my english.i come from greece and i want to improve my english through this forum.

3 months registered

Traveling to Ireland & Scotland

Hi 'deadhippo'! Thanks for sharing such an awesome pictures of spots in Ireland. The cliffs of moher are looking magnificent. Really Ireland is a lovely place to go.

7 days registered

Hi,

I am about to move to Aberdeen for work and was trying to get some more info about where to live. I want somewhere inner city and quite trendy, near bars, restaurants cinema etc.

Any suggestions or general descriptions of the areas in Aberdeen?

going to a World

31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%

Ireland !!! Awesome place to spend your holiday. you can find the real History and culture of Ireland in Donegal. If you want to spend the holidays near by Beach then visitinishowen it's one of the beautiful peninsula in Donegal

7 days registered

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%

i have been very excited to visit scotland after reaching this post
    Stirling’s history is probably one of the most famous in the world, especially since the major motion picture ‘Braveheart’, starring Mel Gibson, was released.

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 14.0%

After reading your posts, it seems that you guys have such great interest in traveling. Now I am going to talk about my Scotland tour before two years ago on my sister's birthday, We enjoyed very much there, Scotland offers us many of the places to explore. I always prepare to explore different places around the World.

Level
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Guys, I think all of you have huge information about travelling. I want to visit Scotland and Ireland in the next month. But I have no information about them. Will anybody like to share some pictures of the both destinations with me? I need some suggestions about popular places so that I make my plan for visiting it. Waiting for cool replies.

Level
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 14.0%

Yeah you are right Ameelia, All these guys have huge information about traveling. After reading your post i felt that you are also a travel person like me, But i have no idea about the Scotland and Ireland. I never visit there but i will love to ask from my uncle he visited there many of the time then i will share information about these places.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast