Politics What's your political compass result?

What's your political compass result?

• Left Authoritarian

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Left Libertarian

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Right Authoritarian

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Right Libertarian

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Left, no social bias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Right, no social bias

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Authoritarian, no economic bias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Libertarian, no economic bias

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Middle of the road - no bias in any direction

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Fun.

[h=2]Your Political Compass[/h][h=2]Economic Left/Right: -1.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.59[/h]

[h=2]Your Political Compass[/h][h=2]Economic Left/Right: -2.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.77[/h]

Before the election I was around economic -2.00/ Social 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------
[h=2]Your Political Compass[/h][h=2]Economic Left/Right: 0.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.15[/h]
chart

Your Political Compass.

Economic Left/Right: 2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05

[h=2]Economic Left/Right: -1.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.18

I occasionally retake this test every once in a while.I always end up as a libertarian not too far from the center.But it varies whether or not I end up on the left or right.This time I'm slightly to the left.[/h]

Economic Left/Right: -1.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

[h=2]Your Political Compass[/h][h=2]Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21[/h]

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -3.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.95

I majored in politics. I'm well versed in both the tenants of the left and the right.

I think it's funny that I'm more wary of sharing my political beliefs, than detailed information about my DNA. I've learned it's better to just keep it to yourself. Because for me, it's intolerable to be admonished by laymen, who regurgitate half-baked rhetoric from their echo-chamber. I strive to be reasonable, pragmatic, and reserved.

At any rate, I think a better way to measure a political compass, would be with a scale similar to this:

0EZy9TW.png

Last edited:
I majored in politics. I'm well versed in both the tenants of the left and the right.

I think it's funny that I'm more wary of sharing my political beliefs, than detailed information about my DNA. I've learned it's better to just keep it to yourself. Because for me, it's intolerable to be admonished by laymen, who regurgitate half-baked rhetoric from their echo-chamber. I strive to be reasonable, pragmatic, and reserved.

At any rate, I think a better way to measure a political compass, would be with a scale similar to this:

0EZy9TW.png

If you created such a quiz, I'd so take it. I also found this, I might take it tonight after my work party. Please feel free to shoot me a PM if you wish. Politics is quite interesting. :) https://ricochet.com/archives/take-the-5-dimension-political-compass-quiz/

Last edited:
All I know is that my "compass" is diametrically opposed to the nonsense that is coming out of the "anti-fa" people and their fellow travelers on college campuses.

Here's an example of what I mean. These two law professors wrote an article in which they stated that many of the ills in today's society stem from the fact that the "middle class" values of the past are no longer being followed. It's no surprise to me that it was lawyers who wrote the article: they're the ones that have to deal with the freaking mess people create that society as a whole, and particularly the justice system has to try to clean up.

"That culture laid out the script we all were supposed to follow: Get married before you have children and strive to stay married for their sake. Get the education you need for gainful employment, work hard, and avoid idleness. Go the extra mile for your employer or client. Be a patriot, ready to serve the country. Be neighborly, civic-minded, and charitable. Avoid coarse language in public. Be respectful of authority. Eschew substance abuse and crime."

"
Did everyone abide by those precepts? Of course not. There are always rebels — and hypocrites, those who publicly endorse the norms but transgress them. But as the saying goes, hypocrisy is the homage vice pays to virtue. Even the deviants rarely disavowed or openly disparaged the prevailing expectations.
Was everything perfect during the period of bourgeois cultural hegemony? Of course not. There was racial discrimination, limited sex roles, and pockets of anti-Semitism. However, steady improvements for women and minorities were underway even when bourgeois norms reigned. Banishing discrimination and expanding opportunity does not require the demise of bourgeois culture. Quite the opposite: The loss of bourgeois habits seriously impeded the progress of disadvantaged groups. That trend also accelerated the destructive consequences of the growing welfare state, which, by taking over financial support of families, reduced the need for two parents. A strong pro-marriage norm might have blunted this effect. Instead, the number of single parents grew astronomically, producing children more prone to academic failure, addiction, idleness, crime, and poverty.
More:
All cultures are not equal. Or at least they are not equal in preparing people to be productive in an advanced economy. The culture of the Plains Indians was designed for nomadic hunters, but is not suited to a First World, 21st-century environment. Nor are the single-parent, antisocial habits, prevalent among some working-class whites; the anti-“acting white” rap culture of inner-city blacks; the anti-assimilation ideas gaining ground among some Hispanic immigrants. These cultural orientations are not only incompatible with what an advanced free-market economy and a viable democracy require, they are also destructive of a sense of solidarity and reciprocity among Americans. If the bourgeois cultural script — which the upper-middle class still largely observes but now hesitates to preach — cannot be widely reinstated, things are likely to get worse for us all."

I'm a liberal in some things, a libertarian in others, but that makes total sense to me.

Of course, they're being excoriated right, left and center for being racists. The real racists are the ones who believe that being black means you're programmed for these behaviors.

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinio...-the-countrys-bourgeois-culture-20170809.html

I'm an equal opportunity "hanging judge" type. Anyone, of any race, creed, color, or political persuasion who is violent in any way, against persons or property, should be hauled off to jail and charged with every appropriate criminal offense. If someone throws projectiles at the police it's assault and the police have the right to use tear gas, rubber bullets, whatever.

As for the universities, anyone who hasn't graduated in five or six years, and doesn't have at least a 3.0 average should be booted out. University grounds are also not a free for all; the same laws that apply on the public streets apply there. Enough with the coddling and babying.

This has got to stop: We're a nation of laws, and it's about time they were reminded of it.

I had to walk past the "Wall Street" protesters almost every day for a while: food wrappers everywhere, drugs allover, even urinating and defecating on the street, and numerous reported rapes and thefts. You could smell the area from blocks away. I'm supposed to take these people seriously?

I'm an equal opportunity "hanging judge" type. Anyone, of any race, creed, color, or political persuasion who is violent in any way, against persons or property, should be hauled off to jail and charged with every appropriate criminal offense. If someone throws projectiles at the police it's assault and the police have the right to use tear gas, rubber bullets, whatever.

As for the universities, anyone who hasn't graduated in five or six years, and doesn't have at least a 3.0 average should be booted out. University grounds are also not a free for all; the same laws that apply on the public streets apply there. Enough with the coddling and babying.

This has got to stop: We're a nation of laws, and it's about time they were reminded of it.

I had to walk past the "Wall Street" protesters almost every day for a while: food wrappers everywhere, drugs allover, even urinating and defecating on the street, and numerous reported rapes and thefts. You could smell the area from blocks away. I'm supposed to take these people seriously?

Just my thoughts as well Angela, Seattle is hosting the 2018 Special Olympics USA games and I'd really hate to have violent protesters near my neighborhood. Unfortunately to say it tamely, the KKK have colored the Right wing's reputation and Antifa has colored the Left. However there are Leftist and Right wing protesters; whom have clean criminal records out there. We desperately need common ground if we are going to extinguish the troublemaker's violent streak.

Perhaps gpas would be a lot higher if we weren't forced to take useless "core" classes to make us more "well rounded" as THEY say (as THEY pocket our money wasted). Ok college writing is important, and philosophy helps get those thinking juices flowing, but when I had to sit through literature or history I would either stare at the wall thinking "WHAT AM I HERE FOR" or I would skip and hang with one of my best pals in the car or McDonald's.
My comp sci and math profs loved me. Lol. I did real well in my major classes. What's funny is that my alma matter watered down the computer science curriculum right after I graduated to the point where it seems laughably easy. I expect the drop out rate to have diminished and the average gpa to have risen. In my view, if you're a CS major who's weak in the programming assignments, drop out immediately regardless of GPA. You're wasting time. I always kicked butt when it came down to writing code.

0EZy9TW.png

Ah, what the heck, here it is. Yesterday I had a debate with someone about politics, and their ignorance frustrated me. I find that most people have no idea of what they're talking about. Even elementary concepts.

ZDQrjOH.png

Ah, what the heck, here it is. Yesterday I had a debate with someone about politics, and their ignorance frustrated me. I find that most people have no idea of what they're talking about. Even elementary concepts.

ZDQrjOH.png

No, they don't, but I think it's more than what you've been taught, i.e. exposure to certain ideas or philosophies.

Perhaps it's way too much of a generalization, but I think left wing people tend to react based on "emotion", while more right wing people rely more on dispassionate logic. (I'm not talking here of the wackos on either side, who may both be operating from emotion.)

That's why, and here I'm glad they can't strip my gender from me, I think women skew so much more Democrat and liberal.

In political matters and even in professional ones and some personal ones I'm usually aligned more often with the men I know than with the women.

It even applies to rearing children. I was and am a very hands on mother, very sacrificing, if I say so myself, but also much more likely to follow through on consequences than my husband, less likely to give in to pleading, because I logically understand that if you don't follow through, if you let certain people get away with certain behaviors, you're going to get more negative behavior. You're not doing them any favors in the long run by doing that. My husband flew off the handle more easily, but much more frequently gave in or forgot about it etc. I was and am more likely to let them stew in their mess for a while until the message hits home.

No, they don't, but I think it's more than what you've been taught, i.e. exposure to certain ideas or philosophies.

Perhaps it's way too much of a generalization, but I think left wing people tend to react based on "emotion", while more right wing people rely more on dispassionate logic. (I'm not talking here of the wackos on either side, who may both be operating from emotion.)

That's why, and here I'm glad they can't strip my gender from me, I think women skew so much more Democrat and liberal.

In political matters and even in professional ones and some personal ones I'm usually aligned more often with the men I know than with the women.

It even applies to rearing children. I was and am a very hands on mother, very sacrificing, if I say so myself, but also much more likely to follow through on consequences than my husband, less likely to give in to pleading, because I logically understand that if you don't follow through, if you let certain people get away with certain behaviors, you're going to get more negative behavior. You're not doing them any favors in the long run by doing that. My husband flew off the handle more easily, but much more frequently gave in or forgot about it etc. I was and am more likely to let them stew in their mess for a while until the message hits home.

I agree, I find that people on the left seem to base their beliefs on some kind of abstract moral imperative. Thus they believe they're justified to act with incivility, or total disregard for the law. They believe the ends justifies the means. They need to realize, not everyone accepts their moral imperatives as some kind of universal truth.

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.64

Close to the middle economically, but socially i seem to be deep in the left

This thread has been viewed 90649 times.

Back