Politics What's your political compass result?

What's your political compass result?

• Left Authoritarian

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Left Libertarian

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • Right Authoritarian

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Right Libertarian

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Left, no social bias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Right, no social bias

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Authoritarian, no economic bias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Libertarian, no economic bias

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Middle of the road - no bias in any direction

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters
Well, my results surprise me. I'd describe myself as a moderate conservative with libertarian leanings socially, so, closer to the middle on the left-right scale.

They must be asking the wrong questions. :)

Bt8SdT4.png

As Maciamo opined upthread, it's one thing to believe in free markets, it's another to believe that corporations are all good actors and should never be regulated. That's just ignoring human nature.

Last edited:
I’m a registered Indipendent with Moderate Libertarian-Conservatism (Fusionism) leaning.
The test put me slightly toward the Left. I expected to be more to the Right.

Economic Left/Right -2.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian -1.49

0iWsXSa.jpg

My Political Compass Certification.
Jill Stein??? lol I don’t think so.
.. DELETED ...

[h=2]Economic Left/Right: -5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.56[/h]

Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.54

Economic Left/Right: -8.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.54

The test doesn't explain anything. I wanted to see what they it would come up with. It's basically useless.

I took course in college on writing survey questions and how to avoid biasing the answers. This test is frustrating because it steers you toward answers, often not the ones you want to make. How do you answer the very first one, whether globalization should serve humanity or corporations? That is so loaded as to be useless.

Just retook the test for the 4th time in 16 years. I am now slightly more to the right (basically centrist) and a tiny bit more liberal than before.

[h=2]Economic Left/Right: -0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.28[/h]
chart

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44

chart

Can anybody explain me what the Libertarian Left is? An example, maybe, apart from the Spanish Civil War one? (which I had never heard of before).

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 5.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44

chart

Can anybody explain me what the Libertarian Left is? An example, maybe, apart from the Spanish Civil War one? (which I had never heard of before).

Social libertarians believe that the government should not dictate public policy on social issues. Democrats are the opposite of this, because of support for policies such as affirmative action. Republicans too engage in social engineering with opposition to abortion, gay marriage, etc. based on religious ideals.

Social libertarians would have a hands off approach on these subjects. They don't want government involved in these issues.

According to Tom Utley, writing in The Daily Telegraph, the site is connected to One World Action, a charity founded by Glenys Kinnock.[7] An early version of the site was published on One World Action's web server.[8]... The website does not explain its scoring system.[12] A number of writers, including Tom Utley[7] and Brian Patrick Mitchell,[8] have criticised its validity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Political_Compass

I am sure there is a political bias to these questions considering the above.

Here are my results

I feel like they are dishonest in how they portray questions for example they ask if "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" is a good idea. This is a quote from Karl Marx, but they are not forthcoming about that.

Resources should not generally be distributed according to need, because it just means giving everyone a free lunch, regardless if they actually deserve it or not. They could be a drag on society that refuses to help themselves, and expects a hand out. "For each according to his ability", and who decides that? I knew this was a Marxist slogan, so I always put "Strongly Disagree". To the average person, it may sound like a good idea, but they don't know what it means. It calls for massive social engineering... they can't even vaccinate people who want it according to their need! They couldn't even run a nuclear power plant in the USSR, because of corruption and nepotism. So much for according to their ability. In the end, you get a society of dangerous incompetency, that threatens the planet.

The enemy is from within. The enemy is stupidity, and those who enable it to dominate our lives.

^^An example:

https://www.nj.com/education/2021/0...censed-over-njs-covid-vaccine-priorities.html

Smokers prioritized over teachers, and many others for the Covid vaccine. Governor Murphy tried to defend the decision because he was going by the CDC guidelines which says smokers are at high risk. First of all, they brought that risk upon themselves. Why not just give free car insurance to people that have a tendency to speed?! Secondly, how do you even identify a smoker? It isn't like it is a religion or an ethnic group. I don't know if these people thought very hard about this. Everyone who I speak to, even the most liberal people I know, are appalled by the stupidity. I think Murphy may be the new DeBlasio!

I already posted mine (post #101). If that were true, I'd have the ideology of Bernie Sanders, which is absurd. I don't agree with anything that comes out of his moutht

As concerns, and empathy, yes. As policy, strategy, absolutely not.

Although they say that “Caricatures of historic and political figures are in their appropriate quadrants, but have arranged for aesthetics rather than accuracy”, I am happy to stay beside Nelson Mandela and stay diametrically opposed to Jair Bolsonaro. It is an absolutely truly that I have nothing to do with the current “President” of Brazil. I am happy by this.

17u7YZf.jpg

This thread has been viewed 90296 times.

Back