Money Vs Happiness

Happiness is a choice. Change whatever is going on in your life that is keeping you from choosing to feel happy.

If like me your stuck in a dead end job that bores you out of your tiny little skull :20: however, it pays the bills. I was speaking with my girl today (actually i think i was more wallowing in self pity) and she said get a job that makes you happy, don't worry about the cash. She said that she'd love to do Gardening for a job but the money is awful so it's just not possible. At the moment she's in a job that she likes (started recently) so that has also swayed her away from the idea.

I was just curious on peoples opinion. Have a job that keeps you reasonably 'comfortable' but not particularly happy? or Have a job that leaves you short on cash but you enjoy?

I know it's easy to say "Go for happiness" but there are obvious financial commitments.

Your Thoughts?

Peace
smoke

I think if one were struggling to make ends meet, it would be difficult to live happily. Whether they liked their job or not. Financial security is important to avoid stress from worrying about paying your bills, rent or mortgage, as well as all of the other expenses. Money can't buy you happiness. But it will give you freedom from worrying about meeting financial obligations, which will cause misery.

I think that a Very Rich Person came out with: “Money can’t buy Happiness”.
We spend half of our life pursuing and spending money.
I’ll say that Big Money could increase My Happiness, and Yours by at least 45%. [emoji2]

This thread has been viewed 39659 times.

Back