Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 69

Thread: Racism

  1. #26
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    American Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-13
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    176
    Points
    1,079
    Level
    8
    Points: 1,079, Level: 8
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L21
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    west country English, Scotch-Irish, German
    Country: USA - Tennessee





    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Good one. It's odd that modern Western society has a strong taboo against people who hate a specific racial group, but not one's own or everybody in general. Is it more acceptable to hate more people as long as they are not defined as a race or another well defined group ? Interesting matter for discussion.
    I agree. Just seems easier to hate EVERYONE.......why be picky?

  2. #27
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    American Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-13
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    176
    Points
    1,079
    Level
    8
    Points: 1,079, Level: 8
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L21
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    west country English, Scotch-Irish, German
    Country: USA - Tennessee



    Quote Originally Posted by oriental View Post
    Past injustices perceived, real or fake, creates a revenge factor. The perpetrator(s) is identified and the descendents are the ones targeted. Whether it is right or wrong is diificult as historical facts are facts.
    actually it's NOT difficult. It IS wrong to target someone living today because of some stupid, irrelevant crap that happened 200 or 300 years ago.

    If someone wants to do that, then they are the racist one. Not the other way around.

  3. #28
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    American Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-13
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    176
    Points
    1,079
    Level
    8
    Points: 1,079, Level: 8
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L21
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    west country English, Scotch-Irish, German
    Country: USA - Tennessee



    Quote Originally Posted by smoke View Post

    Where do you draw the line between racism and freedom of speech/beliefs?
    I am not racist, but I do agree that racists have the right to free speech with NO limitations

    I agree with total freedom of speech for every single human, regardless if I actually like their opinion or not.

    Every single human born with a mouth should have the right to free speech......no exceptions.

    It's only when speech turns into action that something should be done about it.

    Why is racism always the focal point when it comes to the exercise in free speech debate? How come when a guy calls a woman a b*tch or something like that there is no debate about free speech?
    Because, everyone knows that would be stupid.

    Free speech should be applied to everyone, including racists, whether you like what they have to say or not.

    Free speech is a principle....no one/group should be able to limit it for others at their own pleasure. Not for any reason.

    except for maybe in a courtroom when a judge issues a gag order to be placed. And even with that, there should be a very,very good & logical reason for it.

  4. #29
    Banned Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    891
    Points
    6,887
    Level
    24
    Points: 6,887, Level: 24
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by American Idiot View Post
    It's only when speech turns into action that something should be done about it.
    I am also for as much freedom and liberty as possible but being a realist I realize that speech can easily be turned into action.
    All propaganda and brainwashing is based on that...

  5. #30
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    American Idiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-13
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    176
    Points
    1,079
    Level
    8
    Points: 1,079, Level: 8
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-L21
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Ethnic group
    west country English, Scotch-Irish, German
    Country: USA - Tennessee



    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    I am also for as much freedom and liberty as possible but being a realist I realize that speech can easily be turned into action.
    All propaganda and brainwashing is based on that...
    yeah, you're right, it does start with that.

    I just think, legally speaking, no one has the right to stop it until it actually gets to the point where people are starting to violently act on it.
    Last edited by American Idiot; 25-11-13 at 16:10.

  6. #31
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Posts
    230
    Points
    4,753
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,753, Level: 20
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b4

    Ethnic group
    English/British Isles
    Country: UK - England



    Well it's up to them if they choose to be racist. The liberal elite/chattering classes whatever you want to call them keep mentioning how we are supposedly free to have our own opinions, yet they seem to want to turn into fascists when they hear something they don't like. So i say let them say what they want as long as any activism is done through established mediums (of course talking, protesting, politics) as any other opinion. I just get fed up when anyone who doesn't adhere to their strange belief system gets called a racist, they've overused the word so much i think people are starting to care less and less about what it means. Crying wolf.
    'Wise men speak only of what they know' - J.R.R. Tolkien

  7. #32
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Some posts were moved to this thread:
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...329#post420329
    Last edited by LeBrok; 26-11-13 at 06:09.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  8. #33
    Regular Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

    Join Date
    19-12-13
    Posts
    28
    Points
    142
    Level
    1
    Points: 142, Level: 1
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 8.0%


    Country: Lithuania



    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    A lot of the people that I know are racist and it's really starting to bother me. I used to try to ignore it but lately it seems like it's been getting worse. So I'm wondering, what do you guys think about racism and the people that are racist?
    There is a lot of confusion into racism issues these days.
    For the last few decades Anglo-Saxon countries, primarily America, Britain and Canada feverishly have been trying to suppress people’s right and freedom to express and exercise their national, cultural identity. The aim is to create one race and one culture under one leader by deleting any association with where you came from, what’s your race and et cetera. In fact, they went so far as to invent a new terminology for describing race groups (negroid renaming into black). Those countries in order to accommodate their changing population want to enforce others to accept new definitions. I wonder why Caucasian race is still not called white?? –probably it would be too racist?

    Despite all their efforts, racism continues to grow, especially in America. People got so fed up that they started less and less care if they’re called racist.
    Those anti-racism tactics failed. And they failed because they don’t reach people’s minds, because they undermine the essence of individuality.

    So the question is why racism is on the rise? In order to explain that, we have to understand its roots.
    Has it ever occurred to you, why Japanese, Chinese or Arab people never have any racism issues? Why so few Indians have it? And why most “black race people” have it. The answer is simpler than you thought.

    Edit:
    Rest of post was deleted as to racist and demeaning.
    Last edited by LeBrok; 20-01-14 at 01:58. Reason: Racist comments

  9. #34
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Baltic tribes View Post
    There is a lot of confusion into racism issues these days.
    For the last few decades Anglo-Saxon countries, primarily America, Britain and Canada feverishly have been trying to suppress people’s right and freedom to express and exercise their national, cultural identity. The aim is to create one race and one culture under one leader by deleting any association with where you came from, what’s your race and et cetera. In fact, they went so far as to invent a new terminology for describing race groups (negroid renaming into black). Those countries in order to accommodate their changing population want to enforce others to accept new definitions. I wonder why Caucasian race is still not called white?? –probably it would be too racist?
    What the hell you're talking about, all these terms are used in mass media and population in general, black and white. In official language Caucasian and African-American. Neither form is used as derogatory expression, and only such are avoided.

    Despite all their efforts, racism continues to grow, especially in America.
    Can you post racial crime statistics to prove your point?

    Those anti-racism tactics failed. And they failed because they don’t reach people’s minds, because they undermine the essence of individuality.
    ...and that's why America elected first black president. Do you want to see real racial changes in America watch movie "Battler".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Butler

    So the question is why racism is on the rise? In order to explain that, we have to understand its roots.
    Has it ever occurred to you, why Japanese, Chinese or Arab people never have any racism issues? Why so few Indians have it? And why most “black race people” have it.
    Where were you hiding for all these years? Did you ever meet other races or ethnicities? Did you travel and talk to locals? Regardless, and I'm sorry to say that, but you are not the best observer. Your thoughts seem to resemble bad written racist book or a website of some sort of racist guru.

    1. Did you ever read anything about Japanese extreme racist/nationalistic behaviour during WWII? Typical story of chosen people ruling inferior others.
    2. China? Read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_issues_in_China
    3. Arabs? Where should we start? So many stories so little time. Why don't you read yourself:
    She was a witness to racist attacks by Arab Egyptians on blacks and stated: "We are a racist people in Egypt and we are in deep denial about it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Arab_world
    4. Indians? What about this little nugget freshly off the press:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/murder-nigeri...ricans-1458578
    and this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_relations_in_India
    So much for "Civilized" nations being non-racist.
    I'm sure, with your anti-black philosofy you would blend well in India or China.

    Racism and nationalism goes back few million years to simple hunter-gatherer tribes. To survive, to make one's group stronger, to unite a group against other groups, people of one group needed to start thinking about their special place on earth, special status, superiority, being chosen by god, protected by ancestor spirits. Not mentioning the fact that their were closely related to each other and looked almost identical, and were afraid of strangers who usually looked somewhat different. All these elements and others with positively uniting aspect, were beneficial to small groups, made them stronger and got encoded in our DNA . However the same elements are highly destructive to modern societies and the whole world. Nowadays these are the source of conflicts, wars, social injustice, nationalism, racism and any form of degrading anyone who is different than you.
    The inner working of simple tribal instinct, to protect the tribe.

    If you have any genetic knowledge you would know that you are already a nice mixture of Homo-Sapiens from Africa, Neanderthal, Near Easter Farmers, European Hunter Gatherers, North Asiatics, West Asiatics, Huns, plus many more admixtures with Jewish included. Post your DNA reading for a closer look.

  10. #35
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    05-03-12
    Posts
    230
    Points
    4,753
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,753, Level: 20
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 297
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I1*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b4

    Ethnic group
    English/British Isles
    Country: UK - England



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    What the hell you're talking about, all these terms are used in mass media and population in general, black and white. In official language Caucasian and African-American. Neither form is used as derogatory expression, and only such are avoided.


    Can you post racial crime statistics to prove your point?


    ...and that's why America elected first black president. Do you want to see real racial changes in America watch movie "Battler".
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Butler


    Where were you hiding for all these years? Did you ever meet other races or ethnicities? Did you travel and talk to locals? Regardless, and I'm sorry to say that, but you are not the best observer. Your thoughts seem to resemble bad written racist book or a website of some sort of racist guru.

    1. Did you ever read anything about Japanese extreme racist/nationalistic behaviour during WWII? Typical story of chosen people ruling inferior others.
    2. China? Read this:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_issues_in_China
    3. Arabs? Where should we start? So many stories so little time. Why don't you read yourself:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_the_Arab_world
    4. Indians? What about this little nugget freshly off the press:
    http://www.ibtimes.com/murder-nigeri...ricans-1458578
    and this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_relations_in_India
    So much for "Civilized" nations being non-racist.
    I'm sure, with your anti-black philosofy you would blend well in India or China.

    Racism and nationalism goes back few million years to simple hunter-gatherer tribes. To survive, to make one's group stronger, to unite a group against other groups, people of one group needed to start thinking about their special place on earth, special status, superiority, being chosen by god, protected by ancestor spirits. Not mentioning the fact that their were closely related to each other and looked almost identical, and were afraid of strangers who usually looked somewhat different. All these elements and others with positively uniting aspect, were beneficial to small groups, made them stronger and got encoded in our DNA . However the same elements are highly destructive to modern societies and the whole world. Nowadays these are the source of conflicts, wars, social injustice, nationalism, racism and any form of degrading anyone who is different than you.
    The inner working of simple tribal instinct, to protect the tribe.

    If you have any genetic knowledge you would know that you are already a nice mixture of Homo-Sapiens from Africa, Neanderthal, Near Easter Farmers, European Hunter Gatherers, North Asiatics, West Asiatics, Huns, plus many more admixtures with Jewish included. Post your DNA reading for a closer look.
    The tribes are bigger, but they're still tribes. Globalism is simply forming a bigger tribe, of course you don't really see it yet because we're in transition. By taking sides against people who hold these views, you yourself are being driven by similar instincts with similar effects, to those you criticize.

  11. #36
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    The tribes are bigger, but they're still tribes. Globalism is simply forming a bigger tribe, of course you don't really see it yet because we're in transition. By taking sides against people who hold these views, you yourself are being driven by similar instincts with similar effects, to those you criticize.
    You are bang on. We all have the "tribalizm" in forms of racism, nationalism or many sorts of intolerances. I'm not immune either. My tribe that I'm identifying with is the whole world. Baltic tribes identifies himself with white people, or perhaps with anyone but black people. Very suitable for Victorian England, I must say.

  12. #37
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    20-11-12
    Posts
    577
    Points
    3,220
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,220, Level: 16
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 230
    Overall activity: 19.0%


    Country: Canada



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    A state that does not guarantee minority rights is doomed to chaos and failure. Discrimination starts with visible minorities, then moves to women, then old people and sick people etc. In such chaos, pretty soon everybody becomes victim of some sort of abuse. Don't be fooled to think that you can do it to just visible minorities and then stop; once it starts it becomes a domino effect that brings dangerous chaos. This is so easy to understand that even ancient empires like Rome and Byzant had meritocracy rules in place to avoid racism. If you walked in the streets of Kostandinople, you could hear 10 languages at the same time, and that is the longest lived empire on record.

  13. #38
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamani View Post
    A state that does not guarantee minority rights is doomed to chaos and failure. Discrimination starts with visible minorities, then moves to women, then old people and sick people etc. In such chaos, pretty soon everybody becomes victim of some sort of abuse. Don't be fooled to think that you can do it to just visible minorities and then stop; once it starts it becomes a domino effect that brings dangerous chaos. This is so easy to understand that even ancient empires like Rome and Byzant had meritocracy rules in place to avoid racism. If you walked in the streets of Kostandinople, you could hear 10 languages at the same time, and that is the longest lived empire on record.
    Good point, empires needed to be more tolerant to make sure all nationalities or ethnicities can live together in peace. That's why at some point all people of Roman Empire became its citizens. Likewise for the peace on whole Earth we need to think (well, at least start thinking) about all peoples as being equal with same human rights. Otherwise there is not much chance for global peace and elimination of racism. It is still a long shot, so at least for now I would like to see more tolerance, and people stopping hating each other too much.

  14. #39
    Elite member Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-14
    Posts
    4,545
    Points
    62,413
    Level
    77
    Points: 62,413, Level: 77
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 837
    Overall activity: 42.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    W6

    Ethnic group
    Polish
    Country: Poland



    Anti-racism is good because it is useful in taking over other continents (the video is in English): ;)


  15. #40
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience Points
    Lifegear's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-12-14
    Posts
    33
    Points
    585
    Level
    6
    Points: 585, Level: 6
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 8.0%


    Country: Kuwait



    Quote Originally Posted by American Idiot View Post
    I know that Arab-speaking peoples hate each other with a passion!

    and for alot of various reasons, according to them.
    Yeah i'm a gulf Arab who dislikes and never trust Levantines and North Africans i also consider them inferior

  16. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-05-15
    Posts
    11
    Points
    54
    Level
    1
    Points: 54, Level: 1
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Netherlands



    Racism is spread everywhere

  17. #42
    Regular Member Achievements:
    100 Experience Points31 days registered

    Join Date
    06-06-16
    Posts
    22
    Points
    250
    Level
    2
    Points: 250, Level: 2
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 2.0%


    Country: Canada-Ontario



    I think in most cases racism is not real hatred for another people. It seems more like a nonconscious habbit brought up by stupid parents, stupid neighbours, stupid media

  18. #43
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    25-11-16
    Posts
    35
    Points
    1,607
    Level
    11
    Points: 1,607, Level: 11
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 8.0%


    Country: United States



    0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Only white people can be racist, especially northern Europeans. And they are born with the sin of racism. This is can only be reversed if they have their countries flooded with non-whites. It's the only way to cleanse themselves for being born.

    As a person of Southern Europe background and darker complexion I'd like to offer the racist of the north a chance to redeem themselves. If you have beautiful blonde daughters, send them my way, I will heal the hate. Jesus be praised. Amen.

  19. #44
    Elite member Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194
    Points
    28,146
    Level
    51
    Points: 28,146, Level: 51
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 504
    Overall activity: 31.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoRevenge View Post
    Only white people can be racist, especially northern Europeans. And they are born with the sin of racism. This is can only be reversed if they have their countries flooded with non-whites. It's the only way to cleanse themselves for being born.

    As a person of Southern Europe background and darker complexion I'd like to offer the racist of the north a chance to redeem themselves. If you have beautiful blonde daughters, send them my way, I will heal the hate. Jesus be praised. Amen.
    Don't waste your time trol-l-ing online. It isn't real life.

  20. #45
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    25-11-16
    Posts
    35
    Points
    1,607
    Level
    11
    Points: 1,607, Level: 11
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 8.0%


    Country: United States



    Laughing at what's stupid is the way to go. Liberal positions are not honest or intellectual, you'll waste your time arguing with them.

  21. #46
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoRevenge View Post
    Laughing at what's stupid is the way to go. Liberal positions are not honest or intellectual, you'll waste your time arguing with them.
    Interesting thing is that racist people don't like to be called racist for some reason. Face the truth.

  22. #47
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    17-03-13
    Posts
    761
    Points
    5,978
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,978, Level: 22
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 9.0%


    Country: Sweden



    You can see where I am going with this argument. White “privilege” is a concept resulting from racial self-hatred. It is hatred of the white race by whites. This is nothing new. There are blacks who hate the black race, Jews who hate the Jewish people, and every other kind of group self-hatred. However, it is still an anomaly that deserves an explanation.
    http://www.billmcgaughey.com/whiteprivilege.html

  23. #48
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by gyms View Post
    You can see where I am going with this argument. White “privilege” is a concept resulting from racial self-hatred. It is hatred of the white race by whites. This is nothing new. There are blacks who hate the black race, Jews who hate the Jewish people, and every other kind of group self-hatred. However, it is still an anomaly that deserves an explanation.
    http://www.billmcgaughey.com/whiteprivilege.html
    Explain this through self hatred:

  24. #49
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Twilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    29-06-12
    Location
    Seattle, Washington
    Age
    25
    Posts
    881
    Points
    12,103
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,103, Level: 33
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

    Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh
    Country: USA - Washington



    Quote Originally Posted by gyms View Post
    You can see where I am going with this argument. White “privilege” is a concept resulting from racial self-hatred. It is hatred of the white race by whites. This is nothing new. There are blacks who hate the black race, Jews who hate the Jewish people, and every other kind of group self-hatred. However, it is still an anomaly that deserves an explanation.
    http://www.billmcgaughey.com/whiteprivilege.html
    On the contrary, concidering that many posters like me have their Haplogroups on their profiles? I'm pretty sure a good portion of us on Eupedia came here to learn about our European Ancestry; if not European ancestry then ancestry from other parts of the world. LeBrok posted a pic with an excellent example of what life was like in segregated communities back in the MLK era. ^_^

  25. #50
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    17-03-13
    Posts
    761
    Points
    5,978
    Level
    22
    Points: 5,978, Level: 22
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 9.0%


    Country: Sweden



    [QUOTE=LeBrok;497857]Explain this through self hatred:
    [IMG]https://ionenewpittsburghcourier.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/drinking

    Hate is self-destructive. If you hate somebody, you're not hurting the person you hate. You're hurting yourself. And that's a healing. Actually, it's a real healing, forgiveness.If you hate somebody, it's like a boomerang that misses its target and comes back and hits you in the head. The one who hates is the one who hurts.
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/a...zamperini.html
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/a...zamperini.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why such double standards when it comes racism ?
    By Maciamo in forum Politics & Governments
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 22-02-17, 20:16
  2. The psychology of racism
    By Ma Cherie in forum Psychology
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-09-14, 13:24
  3. Reincarnation and racism
    By ralian in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-05-05, 19:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •