Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fourteen languages

• fifteen languages

• above 15 languages

• Total voters
Depends on what you mean by "speaking a language".

- I can speak fluently, read and write poetry and essays without any problem in 4 languages: French, English, Arabic and Darija (more commonly called Moroccan dialect, or Moroccan Arabic but it's very different from Arabic actually).

- My German is not too bad according to some of my German friends. I can read works by Franz Kafka (with a dictionary of course), but I still find it very difficult to read Thus Spake Zarathustra by Nietzsche for example.

- My Japanese and Dutch are good (or bad !!) enough to allow me chat on msn, or read some texts, but with some difficulty in both cases.

- My Spanish is the victim of my constant procrastination and laziness. It's getting worse everyday !!! :bluush:

Hmm... I have a long list of languages to learn.. 20 languages I think. I wonder if I'll live long enough to learn them all !! :(

:hey:How many do you think???:blush:

It depends on what "speaking a language" means.

I am fluent in two languages: Danish and English.

I can read German pretty well, since it's close to Danish, but my knowledge of the grammar isn't so good that I can say I'm fluent in German.

I speak some French. I was pretty good back in high school, but now it's a bit rusty...

Moreover, the Scandinavian languages are mutually intelligible, so I understand Norwegian and Swedish as well. Norwegian is VERY easy for a Danish speaker, since the written language (and vocabulary) is almost the same, the accent is just different.

So I only speak two languages fluently, but I understand five or six...

I 'speak' 4 languages, of which 1 is my native(Slovene) and 3 are foreign(English, German and Serbocroat). My level of knowledge of these languages of course varies, I would say my English is around C1 level, German probably around B2 and for Serbocroat I wouldn`t know how to evaluate my knowledge, but I would say it is closer to the level of my English than German. I also understand (quite) a bit of written French and some other Romance languages(Spanish and Italian), because I like languages and I took basic self-learning courses of French and Spanish when I was about 13-15 years old, of course not learning much and by now I have forgotten even most of what I learnt then.

English, Portuguese (native), Galego (Gallego), Spanish, French, Italian, Catalan.

Fluent in English, Portuguese, Galego and Spanish. Sound working knowledge of French, Italian and Catalan.

I am fluent in English and Arabic. I understand a bit German, Turkish and Latin. and I didn't mention Bosnian which is my native language.

I am fluent in English and Arabic. I understand a bit German, Turkish and Latin. and I didn't mention Bosnian which is my native language.

Is Bosnian similar to Croatian?

French is the only language i'm able to speak fluently.
Don't ask me for directions if you're a tourist, the answer will always be the same "sorry i don't speak english" :biggrin:

Only English fluently. I got to intermediate Japanese once; some Spanish. I just lacked the focus to become fluent in a second language, and believe to be truly fluent, you need to live in the relevant country. Each language has many layers of sophistication which takes years to accumulate within the country.

Turkish, English, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, German and Russian...

Guess which one is my favourite? ))

Spanish, Catalan(native) , French, English

I speak German fluently and English (B2 Level). I also learned Italian and Latin at school (Italian 2 years, Latin 4 years, my gosh) but I forgot the most :(
I want to concentrate on improving my English (CAE Exams) but I have little time at the moment due to work. My problem isn´t speaking and my knowlege of vocabularies, but writing and correct spelling.

Serbo-Croatian (includes Serbian, Bosnian, Croatian, and Montenegrin), German, English, and a lil bit of Swedish (used to know it fluently as a kid)

Spanish, Catalan (both native), and English.

Greek (mother tongue) English (C2 level), Spanish (B2 level)
Currently learning German
I had classes of French in school and Norwegian one year ago, but I can't say I can use those languages fluently.

Im native in Spanish and Gallego, and i know some English. I can read and understand very well, but no write...i hope i can improve writting here.
Also i can understand some Portuguese because is very similar to Gallego, but i dont understand it when is spoken because they have a very diferent accent!

This thread has been viewed 29467 times.

Back