what would you do when you were the leader of your country?

Tsuyoiko said:
It's the thought that counts though. Yeah, it might not work, but if we don't try it definitely won't work! And I am all for equalising wages to some extent. There is no reason for the current disparity, other than some people's greed.

fair enough, but i think it is not the inividual wages what had to be restricted, but corporate policies and their involvement into the life of society and the state. They are exploiting its resources (natural, human and others) after all

Ma Cherie said:
11. Separation of Church and state, if Kansas wants to teach the theory of evolution, then let them, remember it's just a theory!

Agreed, but just to clear a common misconception, the "theory" in the "theory of evolution" is used in its scientific sense, not the everday theory=hunch sense.

I would have a lot of other plans in mind, but education would probably be a high priority. I'd make sure that allowing an environment to understand cultural differences is encouraged and reinforced in schools. I'd also encourage more extracurricular activities, so that teenagers would not get bored with themselves (a problem I've seen all the time in suburbs). I'd also encourage mentoring programs so that potentially "at risk" teens (teens who would turn to drugs, alcohol, violence, suicide, etc.) have someone to turn to. I?fd try to get sex education in the classrooms so that females don?ft wind up pregnant before they?fre able to even graduate high school.

I'd make an honest effort to alleviate poverty. Now, it's easy to just say that, and I admit I'm hazy on how to start. I guess this also links to the above paragraph, as far as supporting education goes. I?fd also get schools/districts to create community awareness programs that, for instance, get upper-class and lower-class folks mixed together in community activities; with increased interactions between them, I can hope that the richer people do not automatically shun the poor and brand them as hopeless cases- it won?ft solve the problem, but I hope it provide something to work with. I'd also try to find what makes the rich get richer and the poor poorer and fix that (like Sensuikan san suggested).

I'd make sure the justice system effectively put away people who deserve to be put away, and does not harm those who did not do anything wrong. Ridiculous jury incompetence like that seen in the Vincent Chin case needs to be eliminated somehow. Hate crimes, murders, and rape need to be dealt with swiftly, harshly, and effectively.

Racial profiling needs to be done away with.

Those are my main ones. I?fm sure there are other important ones.

Oh! and...

I'd wage war on Koizumi. Nah, not all of Japan, just Koizumi (well, and all the other ultra-nationalists like Shintaro Ishihara, too).

I'd have my nude figure, shaped and chiseled like a Greek God, printed on every $1 bill.

Harem! Well, my gf might not like that...

Thanks for clearing up the evolution thing up folks. :cool: But Kansas can't move foward onto other issues effecting the state in particular becasue of this issue, and they're being hammered by these Right-wing Jesus freaks. The state of Kansas is having a hard time funding their schools, which is far more important.

mad pierrot said:
Welcome to the New America

1. Every Thursday night is Lady's night.
2. Popcorn is free at the movies.
3. All rappers must use real names. (No more P Diddy)
4. Cell phones would be banned outside of houses.
5. Everyone must now address me as the "High Lord of Everything Else."

Mr. President!! :bravo:

I'd establish an enlightened and benign but absolute dictatorship in order to create a stable government and also make order. All I have to transform Philippines into a wonderful and peaceful paradise is eradicate graft and corruption, improve Philippine economy, restructure bureaucracy, military, law enforcement and judicial system, protect and better the lives of Filipino citizens, secure the internal peace, impart fair and impartial justice to those who deserved it, etc .

1. completely legalize marijuana for both recreational and medical use on the Federal level.

2. get rid of "obamacare" and instead replace it with healthcare similar to that of either Canada or Switzerland... or maybe Britain , as well as let private Medical insurance companies continue to do their own thing if they want.

3.have better relations with Middle Eastern countries

4. have Bill Clinton as my vice-president and ask him to do both, fix the economy (again), and smoke a fat blunt with me.

5. Tell China "look, I know we owe you a SHIT load of money, but we're broke and most likely never gonna pay ya even when we do get the money!-Sorry China, shit happens"

6. do my best to make the death penalty or life without parole an option for convicted child molesters in every state.
(just dont know why it hasnt been done up til now?)

7. whenever I'd have to meet with Vladimir Putin, we would always discuss Presidential business at a strip club while drinking authentic Russian vodka.

8. make sarcastic fun of my fellow Americans behind their back all the time, with other world leaders.

This thread has been viewed 41553 times.

Back