What is the Oldest Business in the World...

I'll go with farming/hunting for a 1000, Alex. People gotta eat.

I would say politics ;).... even animal have politics within their societies

I would say the ones that took care of the dead, whether they be priests or shamans or whatever. Might not be considered as a business as such, but I'm sure they were given offerings or "donations" even back in whatever age such rituals or policies were made...but since it wasn't a choice, I'm just adding my two yen's worth...

not that I know anything, mind you :D

Trivia in this line of business...

den4 said:
I would say the ones that took care of the dead, whether they be priests or shamans or whatever. Might not be considered as a business as such, but I'm sure they were given offerings or "donations" even back in whatever age such rituals or policies were made...but since it wasn't a choice, I'm just adding my two yen's worth...

not that I know anything, mind you :D
I know that by now; you said it enough times. Does that count as knowledge ? Why do I get the impression that you seem to say say knowledge is unsirable, den4-sama ? Well here's the trivia. Trivia no. 1: What is the oldest word in use of the three ?

1) undertaker
2) mortician
3) barber

Trivia 2: What was the title of the movie where the two lovers have an orgie after drinking bottles of perfume ?

1) The Undertaker's Wife
2) The Mortician's Wife
3) The Hairdresser's Wife

the only Morticia I know is the wife of Gomez taken from a guy named Addams....haven't seen any strange Euro movie about perfume drinking however :eek:

doesn't answer the question, but den4 is not in a settled mental state at this moment...if den4 ever was :?

I read recently that the oldest know manufacturing business was in a site in Romania ( i think). They produced fertility goddess figures that were then ritualistically destroyed. I believe the site was dated to 10000 BC! I will try to confirm the facts and update this post.

I read recently that the oldest know manufacturing business was in a site in Romania ( i think). They produced fertility goddess figures that were then ritualistically destroyed. I believe the site was dated to 10000 BC! I will try to confirm the facts and update this post.

Stone tools and weapons have been known to be mass manufactured in Africa well over 100,000 years ago.

I would bet that the first commercial business was indeed established in Africa.

This thread has been viewed 29185 times.

Back