Best cities to visit in Europe

I disagree with Athens being 2A and Rome 1A, I find them very similar and Athens is in general more tourist friendly and has more to offer than Rome. For the rest 1A's I agree.

You are kidding, right?

Athens has little of historical and cultural interest with the important exception of the Acropolis.
:unsure:

tastes are different...

I liked London, Valencia and Barcelona...

Hi

I am a new member of this forum...Please suggest me which should be my first city to visit Europe.....I want to visit the whole Europe....

Start in Ólafsvík finish in Дербент, you'll see all Europe on your way. ;)

Start in Ólafsvík finish in Дербент, you'll see all Europe on your way. ;)

Sorry I don't have that big budget and that long holidays.....May be few nice and close cities......I would love to see hertiage stuff.....

Seems like a pretty good list.

Although Barcelona can come higher for me also.

About time I go visit some other cities again :p

Tough, Kanwal, we are all born in Europe and only have seen a fraction of it... If you have just a couple of weeks, and limited cash, just buy "Europe on a shoestring" , you can't go wrong...

Thanks dear...M ok with Cash...M an IT professional in New Zealand.....hopefully I ll get 20-25 days off from work..so what do you suggest in this kind of scenerio...I would love to see cultural and heritage stuff......

Here is what i would do if I were in your situation: get a month-long Euro railway pass and do this trip: London-Brussels-Paris-Strasbourg-Cologne-Heidelberg-Torino-Roma-Venice-Salzburg-Viena-Prague-Berlin and fly back home.
Second option, not so much time on the road: London-Brussels-Paris-Barcelona-Torino-Roma-Viena-Prague.
Hope it helps. You can also get a look at the Unesco heritage sites to make a list that better suits your tastes (http://www.amazon.com/World-Heritag...827X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335350878&sr=8-1)

Here is what i would do if I were in your situation: get a month-long Euro railway pass and do this trip: London-Brussels-Paris-Strasbourg-Cologne-Heidelberg-Torino-Roma-Venice-Salzburg-Viena-Prague-Berlin and fly back home.
Second option, not so much time on the road: London-Brussels-Paris-Barcelona-Torino-Roma-Viena-Prague.
Hope it helps. You can also get a look at the Unesco heritage sites to make a list that better suits your tastes

Hey the 1st option sounds great...but do you think it will be easy to cover these many cities in 25 days or so......and sorry I dint get what you meant by "not so much time on the road"....I have read it that euro-rail is a really popular way of transportation...So i think i ll read the books u suggested and will go by euro-rail and pick few cities from the 1st option....

One more thing your option one list is missing Barcelona and Amsterdam....are they too far away??....Is there any website or something which u are aware of where I can see the route and pick cities???

The first option will have you on the road a lot, the second not as long. I would check Wikipedia, Wikitravel and Google-picture your destinations to have a clear idea of what you want to prioritize. As for the trains schedules, visit http://www.eurail.com/home

The first option will have you on the road a lot, the second not as long. I would check Wikipedia, Wikitravel and Google-picture your destinations to have a clear idea of what you want to prioritize. As for the trains schedules, visit

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Or the seven Glens of Antrim..N.Ireland. Some of the most beautiful natural scenery that can stand above many others.IMO
But of course this is not a city! Yet you can go to Belfast in the North and onto Dublin in the South..both beautiful and lots of great period buildings. Also good food and night life!

this is a rather uninspired list. it is for people who prefer not to travel with an open mind and on trodden paths. Or the author is old, if not in age, so in mind. Or he is from somewhere very far from Europe, for Asians f.e. clichés help to reduce the complexity of a one-week-visit to Europe (the same being true vice-versa, i.e. Europeans visiting Asia). I for example used to detest Berlin when it was devided, but in 2012 it has as much to discover as London or Paris- only in very different way, away from imperial-museal aspects, it is Europe today. And the quality of life is much better than in those cities, and at least Paris I know intimately. But all depends on what you want. I believe there are so many splendid places in Eastern Europe to be seen that suffer from ignorance about them or a wrong cliche. Just a thought.

1.Dubrovnik - Croatia
My own 'Great Wall of China'

2.Amsterdam - The Netherlands

3.Berlin - Germany

4.Switzerland - See everything!
(It's a small country)

5.The Plitvice Lakes - Croatia

universal in orlando|orlando universal|universal studios orlando|seaworld orlando|best of orlando

Italian daily La Stampa (Turin) proposes its lectors to discover 10 lesser-known (down to "where-the Hell-is it"...) cities in Europe:

Amiens (FR), Battle (GB), Burg Satzvey (GER), Luxembourg (LUX), Haarlem (HOL), Klaipèda (LIT), La Coruña (SP), Lancut (PL), Olomouc (CZ) and Tartu (EST).

http://viaggi.lastampa.it/foto/le-dieci-citta-da-scoprire-in-europa/page/1

Italian daily La Stampa (Turin) proposes its lectors to discover 10 lesser-known (down to "where-the Hell-is it"...) cities in Europe:

Amiens (FR), Battle (GB), Burg Satzvey (GER), Luxembourg (LUX), Haarlem (HOL), Klaipèda (LIT), La Coruña (SP), Lancut (PL), Olomouc (CZ) and Tartu (EST).

http://viaggi.lastampa.it/foto/le-dieci-citta-da-scoprire-in-europa/page/1

Some of these destinations are already covered by Eupedia:

- Amiens (not that good except the cathedral)
- Battle (nothing special really)
- Luxembourg (must-see)
- Haarlem (outstanding)

Hello everyone. I am jon from USA> I am new here. I am here to ask you the best cities to visit in France and best hotels in which i can stay for long time. There should be luxurious hotels. Keep it up.

Hello everyone. I am jon from USA> I am new here. I am here to ask you the best cities to visit in France and best hotels in which i can stay for long time. There should be luxurious hotels. Keep it up.

Outside of Paris, the cities of the French rivera like Nice, Cannes, Monaco and Antibes are Beautiful. You may also apperciate cities of Alsace (near the German border) like Strasbourg and Colmar but also small villages like Riquewihr and Ribeauvillé (famous for the Wines and food). If you go to Paris, Normandy is not too far. The coast is famous for its landscape and the D-Day beaches. Near the border with Brittany, the Mount Saint Michel is also wonderful to visit.

For the luxurious hotel you may find them in the French riviera, in Cannes (Carlton, Hilton, Martinez) and Nice (Negresco).
There are also luxurious Houses on the coast and in the Hinterland (Saint Paul, Vence...).

This thread has been viewed 424926 times.

Back