Best cities to visit in Europe

St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities, seriously. It has its flaws of course. Things like seasonal price rising, weather conditions, that should be taken into account. Choosing a hotel in Russia is another kind of quest, once I picked one without thinking and my trip was, honestly, almost ruined. But it was worth it anyway, I will get back there again. Articles like this actually help https://www.tripoto.com/trip/how-to-choose-tour-to-saint-petersburg-your-ideal-leisure-5cc4a67d4d56c, at least you'll know what to pay attention on. Good luck!

St. Petersburg is one of the most beautiful cities, seriously. It has its flaws of course. Things like seasonal price rising, weather conditions, that should be taken into account. Choosing a hotel in Russia is another kind of quest, once I picked one without thinking and my trip was, honestly, almost ruined. But it was worth it anyway, I will get back there again. Articles like this actually help https://www.tripoto.com/trip/how-to-choose-tour-to-saint-petersburg-your-ideal-leisure-5cc4a67d4d56c, at least you'll know what to pay attention on. Good luck!

I met a new York women who had visited ST Petersburg. she said to me if you see this city you would no longer wander why the revolution broke in Russia. Everything Russia produced was spend there for one single family

Amsterdam is incredibly overrated, I went there for 3 or 4 days and even then we basically had fully experienced the city.

in every city you go as a visitor you most likely stay downtown. so the bigger the city, the bigger its downtown. when you visit a city one should have a purpose,. I believe you are not into museums, if you ere you would spend a day in a single museum. I guess you skimmed the scenery of Amsterdam, and that's why there was not much else to do

1. I can go back to London anytime (yeah, it can be wet). There is so much to see and most places are worth a repeat.
2. Berlin is a marvel to anyone who lived through the Wall period. I'm also impressed (or is it shocked) at how eager everyone seems to be to destroy relics of the Soviet era (Leipzig showed the same dislike/hatred of that period).
3. Venice can't be missed, but the decay of the city is almost too sad for a revisit.
4. I didn't get a good chance to see Paris (chaperone for a busload of students), but I'd go back in an instant (if the yellow jackets calm down).

I liked St. Petersburg, but I wouldn't go back; Russian officials (immigration types) were way too nasty. Same story with Hong Kong. I suppose I've been spoiled, I expect to be treated like a guest, not a criminal.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]If we talk about architecture, there is nothing better than Antwerp. An incredible combination of timeless classics and modernity. [/FONT]

My husband will be going to Amsterdam for a few weeks for work, and lucky me, I get to go. I'll have quite a bit of time on my hands, where do you suggest for day trips?

• Budapest, Hungary. Thousands of people from all over the world have voted for Budapest as the best European destination 2019.
  • Braga, Portugal.
  • Monte Isola, Italy.
  • Metz, France.
  • Poznan, Poland.
  • Málaga, Spain.
  • Geneva, Switzerland.
  • Cavtat, Croatia.

I know Spain: Madrid, Toledo, San Sebastián, but I don’t know the Andalusia. According to some DNA results my ancient roots pass way by ancient Andalucia, mainly Cordoba and Granada. These are my next destinations in vacances by Europe, after the control of pandemic around the world. I believe that will be a great vacation.

2l8ajcM.jpg

PJ6SJOF.jpg

nObzuEC.jpg

WYty76x.jpg

PQnKrhQ.jpg

i agree with amsterdam, its a great city, but just for a couple of days. Paris is amazing, so agree with it too!!!! Curious enough but I really enjoyed my stay in... Antarctica. Only a few people there and subzero temperatures which is great for proper ageing :) travelled there via this company.
Paris is good for tourism but not for living, my opinion, it is much too expensive for that.

Last edited:
Tbilisi, Georgia.
Everyone here thinks that this is Asia, but Georgia is a European country.

I was lucky enough to visit the Netherlands a few years ago. Utrecht was by far my favorite location, we stayed in an ancient canal house. It is a lovely city, with lots to see and do.

This thread has been viewed 424926 times.

Back