Votes: 13 26.5%
  • 7.1 Hitting pets is OK

Votes: 12 24.5%
  • 7.2 Hitting pets is wrong

Votes: 29 59.2%

• Total voters
?傫???A?????J?l said:

LOL!

It sure did explain that he is "tired." I guess so with all the ranting. He should calm down, because his elevated heart rate along with his rage could cause him to have a heart attack and then there would be one less meat eater on the planet.

Though, it really was funny. I almost sensed fear in his words that the ARists were going to take away his steak. However, we are little by little achieving victories.

In due time, in due time. ;)

sabro said:
Has anyone had this experience: I had a strange discussion with one of the "vegetarians" on campus that was trying to tell me that fish was not meat. She also said that chicken- although it was an animal, is not as "bad" as "meat." I couldn't agree. My friend Larry who is a "real" vegetarian said that she was a little misinformed.
That is one of the most frequent questions I am asked when I tell someone I'm a vegetarian - "Do you eat fish?" Of course not! Fish, chickens, beetles (as in red cochineal food colouring) - they're all animals, so I don't eat them!

Thank you Tsuyoiko, that site was a little more sensible and it also explains Mr.Phillips-- she obviously is a pesci-vegetarian who cheats with chicken.

strongvoicesforward said:
LOL!
It sure did explain that he is "tired." I guess so with all the ranting. He should calm down, because his elevated heart rate along with his rage could cause him to have a heart attack and then there would be one less meat eater on the planet.
Though, it really was funny. I almost sensed fear in his words that the ARists were going to take away his steak. However, we are little by little achieving victories.
In due time, in due time. ;)
I eat meat every day, its probably 75% of my diet. (Other 25% being candy products). No one, and I mean no one is going to take meat away from me, they would have to kill me because I would go on a mad mans rampage with a 44 in PETA HQ.

I consiter it disturbing people wishing for the death of human beings for the sake of animals, those people are scum. Animals are not people, they are not on the same level as people, and those who believe they are need to be comitted.

I dont necessarly "hate" animals, as I have a dog, and a cat, but I do not consiter them my equals. People who do seriously need to get a reality check, animals exist simpally for the food, service and entertainment of human beings.

We are animals. Does that mean you are made to be eaten?
Ha!

Yes.

Ask any crocodile or shark (... or in lean times, any grizzly bear, cougar, wolf, hyena, ... or even another human ...! ).

?W????

Ahhhh to hear only half of an argument. I hesitate to become involved...

Interesting thought about the "humans are not supposed to eat animals" and they should live to be 100 argument: It doesn't seem to serve much of an evolutionary purpose to live past the nominal breeding age. There is no genetic advantage to living longer. Living past 100 actually places an evolutionary drag on the species. I also wonder about the specific micro-nutrient deficiency caused by avoiding meat and enzymes that we produce to break down meat if they are some evidence that meat has been a part of our diet for quite some time. Does anyone have more specific information on this?

I voted eating meat is fine, life on earth has been doing it since the first single celled organism started chowing on their smaller neighbours, and it will be doing it long after the last remenants of humanity and vegetarians have faded to dust.
If eating meat is wrong, ill gladly point anyone forcing vegetarianism on me to the nearest carnivore cage at the local zoo. As someone mentioned about his cat, its a bit rich accusing humans meat needs as murder when animals like cats can kill and toy with a mouse then leave it there because it cant be arsed eating it.
And before its brought up, i highly doubt cats learned this "unatural" bevahiour from their human owners, watch animal planet any given time a documentary is on with a carnivore in it and chances are there will be footage of it killing something, then leaving it to rot.

Testing on animals for medical purpouses is okay i think, aslong as its done as friendly as possible, testing on animals for cosmetics is sick and i would never tolerate it.

Hitting animals malicously is wrong, the odd light disciplinary hit is fine.

I know maddox's "best page in the universe" article when i see one, funny stuff, and in regard to SVF's response to it, email your reply to maddox, and see how far you get, its not the first time SVF refers to someone as ranting.

As for the fat american bloke (nice avatar) just ignore SVF.

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/artfuldodger.htm

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/atheist.htm

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/tirelessrebutter.htm

Nurizeko,
I like the sites you linked. Colorful and informative. I recognize that behavior not only in the person you refer to, but occasionally also in myself. I definitely have some OCD tendencies. I hope fat american will recognize the type of conflict he has engaged, and learn from this.

Fatamerican, I also have diabetes, could you also eat some chocolate for me?

We are animals. Does that mean you are made to be eaten?
Ha!

Humans are animals, funny--I think I've heard that somewhere...

Anyway, I'll go back to just watching this train wreck now.

?傫???A?????J?l said:
I eat meat every day, its probably 75% of my diet. (Other 25% being candy products).
That is hardly going to convince anyone of the virtues of meat-eating! :D
?傫???A?????J?l said:
No one, and I mean no one is going to take meat away from me, they would have to kill me because I would go on a mad mans rampage with a 44 in PETA HQ.
Most vegetarians, and probably most animal rights activists, are not trying to take your meat away. For most of us, vegetarianism is a personal choice that we would never force on others. My husband eats meat (although I won't cook it for him).
?傫???A?????J?l said:
I consiter it disturbing people wishing for the death of human beings for the sake of animals, those people are scum.
Name-calling aside, I agree that animal rights activists should not resort to violence. The vast majority do not, and I don't support those who do.
?傫???A?????J?l said:
Animals are not people, they are not on the same level as people, and those who believe they are need to be comitted.
I dont necessarly "hate" animals, as I have a dog, and a cat, but I do not consiter them my equals. People who do seriously need to get a reality check, animals exist simpally for the food, service and entertainment of human beings.
This is your opinion. Others differ, and I find it unacceptable that you say they should be 'committed'. Please stick to rational argument.

sabro said:
Interesting thought about the "humans are not supposed to eat animals" and they should live to be 100 argument: It doesn't seem to serve much of an evolutionary purpose to live past the nominal breeding age. There is no genetic advantage to living longer. Living past 100 actually places an evolutionary drag on the species. I also wonder about the specific micro-nutrient deficiency caused by avoiding meat and enzymes that we produce to break down meat if they are some evidence that meat has been a part of our diet for quite some time. Does anyone have more specific information on this?
I accept that we needed meat to evolve as we have. It may also be true that being a vegetarian causes some nutrient deficiencies - but there are also many health problems that are aggravated by eating too much meat. A vegetarian who lives on lettuce leaves and a meat eater with a 75% meat/25% candy diet are setting themselves up for health problems. Anyone who eats a balanced diet, and cares about what they eat - whether or not that includes meat - is more likely to be in good general health.

Japan related (yaaaaay!) almost all the japanese ive seen are very thin and weak, a ceramic garden pot full of plants and stuff my girlfriends family bought once wasnt light but it wasnt heavy either, it was a good managable weight, and i could carry it quite comfortably with two arms, but my girlfriends family found it too heavy, and could only tolerate it for a short while.

Japan is a country that is very heavy on plant intake, and meat is mostly bits of fish and other sea-critters.

They say its a healthy diet and stuff, and japanese live lnoger but at what price, japanese seem to age fast and un-gracefully, japanese old ladies are very bent, and small, and japanese people dont seem to have much endurance or muscle strength.

Of course this doesnt speak for all japanese, ive seen fat japanese and bulky japanese, but chances are these are the ones with high meat in-take.

I might not live to 100, but at least with my natural omnivore diet, im physically in better shape then many japanese blokes my age ive passed.

Their not collapsing but, i dont think being white is the reason im stronger, as ive said, ive seen some bulked up japanese blokes, and american-japanese seem much bulkier and fitter, so, there is alot to be said in favour of meat-including diets.

I like tsu's vegetarian philosophy, live and let live.

And also on a personal level, i find purely vegetarian diets kinda boring, as a "bloated fat rich cosy lifestyle westerner" ive grown used to enjoying my food aswell as it having nutritional value. :cool:

(it was sarcasm, im actually quite fit, not rich, and i live in the blasted chill-wastes of scotland, if you can call that cosy your either an eskimo or a corpse:blush: ).

nurizeko said:
And also on a personal level, i find purely vegetarian diets kinda boring.
That's because you haven't tasted my cooking :cool:

Tsuyoiko said:
That's because you haven't tasted my cooking :cool:

Or my wife`s either. hmmmm mmmm good!

Tsuyoiko said:
Most vegetarians, and probably most animal rights activists, are not trying to take your meat away.

That is right to some extent. I sure have never gone up to someone`s plate in a restaurant and tried to take their meat away. But, I have leafleted and tabled the reason to go vegetarian. Vegetarians are usually involved in a battle of getting the vegetarian lifestyle out and to move society to adopt the vegetarian diet through convincing them that a vegetarian diet is the kinder choice.

However, a part of The AR Movement does consist of direct action against the industry. This can have an affect on prices which is one way of putting the product further from reach.

For most of us, vegetarianism is a personal choice that we would never force on others.

It could never be forced. However, it or parts of the meat industry could be legislated to such an extent that the price of production would cause more to chose it as a lifestyle.

...I find it unacceptable that you say they should be 'committed'. Please stick to rational argument.

Well, at least it isn`t as bad as someone saying they would get their gun and go to PETA`s HQs.

Eating too much meat can definitely damage your health. Heart disease, hypertension, obesity, colon cancer and gout... definitely don't over-do it. I have a tendency toward hyper-hematosis--- too much iron... it clogs up your liver. It is not to say that you can't have any meat... but there are good and/or bad consequences for every action.

Eating too much candy, while it doesn't cause diabetes... once you hit a certain age, if you have been bathing your system in sugar on a constant basis and have put on some mid-life poundage- the tendency toward insulin resistance or type II diabetes is greatly increased.

Suddenly, you hit forty thinking everything is honky dory, and this young guy in a lab coat starts telling you not to eat this or that, to lose 25 pound, to excercise and to take these pills. Now you got pills, and monitors for blood pressure and glucose, and this eating plan that cuts out anything and everything you like... It is probably better to have started earlier and stayed healthy.

Tsuyoiko said:
A vegetarian who lives on lettuce leaves and a meat eater with a 75% meat/25% candy diet are setting themselves up for health problems. Anyone who eats a balanced diet, and cares about what they eat - whether or not that includes meat - is more likely to be in good general health.
A lettuce sandwich is good for helping you sleep. There is something in it that induces sleep. Another lettuce fact: it takes more energy to eat a lettuce than you get from it.

That is right to some extent. I sure have never gone up to someone`s plate in a restaurant and tried to take their meat away. But, I have leafleted and tabled the reason to go vegetarian. Vegetarians are usually involved in a battle of getting the vegetarian lifestyle out and to move society to adopt the vegetarian diet through convincing them that a vegetarian diet is the kinder choice.
Actually I would find this offensive. You do not like Christians coming up to you and doing the same with their leaflets, so why should it be right for you to do it? You are promoting a lifestyle the same way a JW or mormon are promoting their lifestyles. You have chosen to be a vegetarian and you are happy with it. Good for you. I am happy with my omnivorous diet, so let me be. If I wanted to think about vegetarianism I would look it up for myself. Although there is one livestock animal that is safe from me and they are pigs, because I don't like pork. (Tasteless or oversalted, uggh) You already know my views on the human diet, so I'm not going any more into that:)

Mycernius said:
Actually I would find this offensive. You do not like Christians coming up to you and doing the same with their leaflets, so why should it be right for you to do it?

You are right in that both are at times bothersome to the targets. But, often the targets are receptive to the message, either be it on Christianity or Vegetarianism.

Mycernius, I tolerate Christians coming up to me. In fact, when I see a group of them circling about outside a Starbacks, I often place myself in their path so that they talk to me about their superstition. You should see it, after a few minutes they raise eyebrows to others that have not decended upon me yet and soon they are all in a frenzy around me. It is quite fun to see them in that state.

I don`t find their antics at approaching me causing me to not "like it." I enjoy it. It is entertaining. I am all for freedom of speech and that does include being able to approach people.

The difference between what vegetarians are offering and what Christians are offering is in non-delivery of the goods that are being offered. That means fraud.

There is a lot of research and there are many studies that show a vegetarian diet can be quite healthful to many. Land use for animal agriculture often pollutes environment. Factory farming causes paine, misery and suffering. These are all things that can be observed. Choosing to not support this system of meat consumption through the market place decreases demand for the product that causes these problems. All of it is testable.

Christianity, however, cannot give any evidence to support what it is offering. It is promising something without evidence. It suggests supernatural beings and events without evidence and wants those supernatural things relayed by word of mouth to be trusted. There is that stinking smell of fraud there.

You are promoting a lifestyle the same way a JW or mormon are promoting their lifestyles.

Yes, one based on observation and testable/researched data. Not one based on no evidence. There is no reliabel evidence for Christianity that is consistant and besides the point that it is not uncorrupted and has shady origins begun by people whom themselves are not really known.

You have chosen to be a vegetarian and you are happy with it. Good for you. I am happy with my omnivorous diet, so let me be. If I wanted to think about vegetarianism I would look it up for myself.

Well, if you wanted to think about buying a new Toyota Landcruiser, I guess you could look that up, too. But, Toyota, is not going to wait for you to get interested, are they? Of course not. They will be coming into your living room through your TV or as ad banners on different sites. Christians will tell you, their success is due to the nature of going out and "telling the Good News." In fact, all marketers and ad agencies will tell you the public is swayable and one`s position can be greatly strengthened if one gets their message out by being pro-active -- not passive.

So, Mycernius, sorry. You will not be left alone. The V-team will keep pushing and actively making inroads directly to more and more people. And, hey! It has been working. All we`ve done is taken a page right out of the playbook of past advertisers, be it corporate or religio.

Although there is one livestock animal that is safe from me and they are pigs, because I don't like pork.

Mr. Cromwell (forgot first name), the actor who starred in the Babe series became a vegetarian during the filming of Babe. He said he was very touched by the story and the plight of factory farmed animals. Good on you Mycernius for not eating pork.

This thread has been viewed 91666 times.

Back