Religion Is God an Emotion?

Void said:
and denial of god by atheist serves only as a prove that their brain also has such "structure"
As much as the denial of the Easter Bunny by adults serves as a proof that their brains have a Easter Bunny "structure".
easter-bunny-with-basket.jpg

nice bunny... but hit the outer... try again i believe in you :D

A fast addition here. Having read further, I have found one article that deals with this matter, and a study which points in the direction of a genetical cause. In other words, the area of the brain under inspection is directed by a certain gene which seems to tie in with the degree of this area's functioning. I'll post the details in time, although the article itself, is not so detailed and had been written in a cast of doubt on the conclusion from the results.

I don't think it is God that is the emotion, I think that would be more closely related to the holy spirit. That feeling that I feel when I hink of God is the holy spirit inside me, It isn't God, but it is at the same time...

Not much validity in my statement I know, but everything that comes from God, is Godly. Trinity = Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

I do understand your postition PsychotiNess san, and I feel that as far as emotions go, that is a good description of it.

I would only argue, of course, that the emotion would surely have come from an understanding which had come from a logical response to data.

I appreciate your post !! Thank you.

In the Journal of Biblical Literature that had been waiting for me when I got home today, there was one paper on the theory of how ritual procedures may have well given rise to textual authority in a number of cases in the old world, including that of the Torah. There were a number of examples given from extant pieces of historical reports and from evidence in Ezra's writings, and so on. It was a good presentation and a well-developed theory.

It made me think of this thread too, because it could be a model of how the emotional state of the human mind lead to the development of the 'mover' (god) idea. It could be something to think about.

I would say that God isn't an emotion. But the thought of God can give a multitude of emotions to a single person. It really depends on the person.

Some think of God as a Negative aspect in the world, and some Positive. So the emotions will either have a negative characteristic or positive characteristic.

This thread has been viewed 13360 times.

Back