Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Should Turkey Join The EU?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 23.81%
  • No

69 65.71%
  • Not Sure

11 10.48%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Should Turkey Join The EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Aberdeen View Post
    Germans I've talked to seem to consider the Turks to be enough of a problem - that's one reason Germany would never have allowed Turkey into the EU, regardless of what was said publicly. And of course Greece and Turkey have a lot of unresolved issues. But Turkey will never join the EU now it has a president who's a member of the Moslem Brotherhood - Turkey seems to be retreating into the past.
    Nobody cares anymore about EU in Turkey to be honest. I can write something longer than this later.

1 members found this post helpful.
    I think you can't really compare Germany Turks with Turkey people. I have tons of siblings who lives in Germany and even we don't like them. Old ones are mostly unedicated workers who just went to work. And you can't say Germans communicated a lot with them. Both sides has mistakes. There are reasons why they didnt became more like them.

I don't see a lot problems with Greece to be honest. Our old ones didn't like them just because our education system. We are learning Turkey is always alone, nobody likes us, if there were a chance they would kill us, they want our lands or something like that. But when people are ecutaing themselves, you just see there isn't much problem. The only real problem is Cyprus problem i think? I think this should decided by Cyprus Turks.

Armenian issue is really problematic. We were also learning something like 4T plan. There were terror organization in Turkey named ASALA. And their plan was like this
    Tanıtım,Tanınma,Tazminat,Toprak. It means they want to force people to accept genocide with terror, when everybody accept is Turkey will accept, then they will want return, and we will have to give our east lands to Armenians in order to build Big Armenia. That's what everybody learn in Turkey.
    In my opinion there were killing for both sides. And Turkey should apologize if we need to. But calling genocide is to harsh, big. I don't think there were something like Hitler did.

Well our prez has %40-50 votes. There are also a lot people who just didn't vote. I really dont know about this. Turkey's vote system sucks, really can't trust. Anyway when he tried to enter EU, EU just slapped him in the face. Then he changed his politics and went for more Islamic.

I think the real problems are social. Turkey is like two country. West side is okay for EU more for than Balcan countries in my opinion. My Souteast is like middle-east, and rest of east is fanatic islam people. Education system is really sucks, there are even places who just doesn't get electric. And this will not be solved anytime soon.

Personally yes, i want to travel without visa problem :) , realisticly no for question. Turkey need to do a lot.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

I do not think so, especially with what the leader noted last month about women not being equal to men
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

Turkey is not yet rich enough to join the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifegear View Post
    No one even asks Kuwait's opinion :)

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a1a*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1

Ethnic group
    Polish

I think Turkey should NOT join EU.
    I dont view them as European completely. Their culture and politics are different as well.

Yes, but not now. Maybe on the future

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-YP346
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1b1b1

Ethnic group
    Rumî

The guys who insist of geographical rules, you are just funny.

Quote Originally Posted by vilajadran View Post
    Turkey doesn't need EU! They are too strong, and their economy doesn't need additional expenditure for bancrupted countries of EU
    I don't want Turkey in the EU. I don't want to pay for their bankruptcy in the next 10 - 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifegear View Post
    Turkey is more and more becoming a fascist country. That is why.

Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    Turkey is more and more becoming a fascist country. That is why.
    Yes, Turkey it's declining in democratic terms, but there are other countries within the EU, which having democratic problems: Hungary and recently Poland. Not mentioning the Greece

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piro Ilir View Post
    Yes, Turkey it's declining in democratic terms, but there are other countries within the EU, which having democratic problems: Hungary and recently Poland. Not mentioning the Greece
    the situation of human rights in Turkey is not comparable to those of Greece, Hungary or Poland
    I don't trust Erdogan. He is a big hero in Turkey now but IMO he'll lead Turkey into bankruptcy within 10-20 years.

To me it seems crazy in terms of Turkish aggressive policy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    What is a European country.
    A European is one which borders lie within the imaginary geographic border of Europe. Turkey lies in Asia minor

no, Turkey does not traverse well with European culture.

hell, no.

turkey is not a european country. it is part of middle-east.

Banned

Seeing how Europe has been accepting north Africans, Africans, middle easterners, south Asians, Jamaicans in the last 100 years, it's not a matter of if but when Turkey will become part of EU.

==

Belarusians have been Christian and part of Europe since the beginning. It doesn't look as we will ever join the European Union. Many people are disgusted that we're not part of European community politically and economically. We have cultural, linguistic, genetic, historic ties with Europeans. Good luck to Turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Volat View Post
    Seeing how Europe has been accepting north Africans, Africans, middle easterners, south Asians, Jamaicans in the last 100 years, it's not a matter of if but when Turkey will become part of EU.

==

Belarusians have been Christian and part of Europe since the beginning. It doesn't look as we will ever join the European Union. Many people are disgusted that we're not part of European community politically and economically. We have cultural, linguistic, genetic, historic ties with Europeans. Good luck to Turkey.
    What about the democratic ties!

Tolerance on behalf of German politicians. One pic. I'm just going to leave it here.

i.imgbox.com/5jg8ZaYA.jpg

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 members found this post helpful.
    No, it shouldn't join the European Union. It would be a catastrophe! An emerging economy with 80 million inhabitants of which a big part is willing to seek for better opportunities in Europe. If 500.000 muslim refugees are that big of a deal, imagine 10.000.000 turks, Europeans would desesperatily start voting extreme-right parties and it would trigger several conflicts across the continent. I don't see Turkey joining, I think they are just putting pressure to get money from European authorities.
    Last edited by Benzgolv; 08-12-16 at 21:14.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian

No

Turkey does not follow any more a ...................Secular government system with Gender equality policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzgolv View Post
    No, it shouldn't join the European Union. It would be a catastrophe! An emerging economy with 80 million inhabitants of which a big part is willing to seek for better opportunities in Europe. If 500.000 muslim refugees are that big of a deal, imagine 10.000.000 turks, Europeans would desesperatily start voting extreme-right parties and it would trigger several conflicts across the continent. I don't see Turkey joining, I think they are just putting pressure to get money from European authorities.
    Turkey has no intention to join EU.
    You are right, Erdogan is just blackmailing EU .

Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    No

Turkey does not follow any more a ...................Secular government system with Gender equality policies.
    Turkey will never join EU, unless there would be a very reasonable geo strategic argument on the future.
    The liberal democratic standards in Turkey declined the last couple years

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Piro Ilir View Post
    Turkey has no intention to join EU.
    You are right, Erdogan is just blackmailing EU .
    IMO, they are blackmailing Europe for 2 reasons: 1) money 2) to scare Europeans, which would eventually result in extreme-right and Eurosceptic parties rising and taking power, which would lead to European desintegration. Thus, Turkey could fufill its expansionist desires and regain the Balkans, riviving the Ottoman Empire. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's pretty possible as you can see in recent events and measures the president is taking.

Quote Originally Posted by Benzgolv View Post
    IMO, they are blackmailing Europe for 2 reasons: 1) money 2) to scare Europeans, which would eventually result in extreme-right and Eurosceptic parties rising and taking power, which would lead to European desintegration. Thus, Turkey could fufill its expansionist desires and regain the Balkans, riviving the Ottoman Empire. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but it's pretty possible as you can see in recent events and measures the president is taking.
    The second reason you had drawn it's a bit difficult. How Turkey may revive the ottoman empire as long as it shares the borders will Bulgaria and Greece. Do you think Turkey would start a war against them? I don't think so. Turkey has not the power to gain anything in Balkans.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast