What led you to your current beliefs?

Christianity is a copy/paste of Mithraism (adopted by the Roman militia) and Zoroastrism. Just check Zoroaster and his father Ahura-Mazda.

It was a poem from K.Palamas " the grave"
The problem was not the poem but my age... I was child at the begining of spelling to read...

My parents were not educated (no read, no write) they think that the best for me and my sister was to buy an big encyclopaedia...(but that one was more orintated for literature) I suppose they think that is the best for us. :wary2:
Anyway
the first day me and my sister take from one book,..

Kaboom...:petrified:
I was crying all night, I remember my mom trying to relief me with her kisses and her hugs...when I was asking -"Why ?" , I feared that I lose some day my mom... but i did not fear -cause i could't think,- mine death. :LOL:

My mother couldn't answer me... and my sister insisting me to shut up.
It was a shocking night which i still remember but not the only one... the years after.

but that's a story of another thread

I'm going to say this once and once only. There is no place on this forum for links to, or discussions of, the philosophy of this notorious and obviously mentally challenged Neo-Nazi. Was that sufficiently clear, BackToTheForests?

Christianity is a copy/paste of Mithraism (adopted by the Roman militia) and Zoroastrism. Just check Zoroaster and his father Ahura-Mazda.
In my opinion Christianity is a Frankenstein monster of plagiarism and assimilation of local converted cultures and their native faiths.
It may very well early on have taken on major aspects of Zoroastrism and the Mithraic mysteries.
Catholicism the largest denotation of Christianity has morphed into something very different and is more akin to Neopaganism.

hmm

TO BE LED? OR NOT TO BE LED?

Rene Descartes says 'cogito ergo sum' I think up, so I exist

Albert Camus centuries after speaks about Absurd, I never understand what Absurd is
BUT I find him (his life and writtens) to add something to Descartes, the revolt,
I REVOLT, SO I CAN THINK up, SO I EXIST,

so for Descartes is just I THINK UP, to exist
why Camus puts I revolt? and revolt against who?

for the same reason we all do.

so some of us choose not to be LED

the then starts all,
and among all was Parmenidis of Elea
and then ,, and then to Nemesis

as for christinity?
the roots is not Mithras, neither Judean,
maybe older forms
But modern christianity is nothing more than the eternal fight
of Epikouros vs Stoics, on how you should live.
maybe the first christian Emperror was not Constantine, but Marcus Aurelius
as for the son of God,
is the old trick of Chrysippos,
God make world,
it was so perfect,
so he decide to live his creation from inside,
but he cheated the rules that he put in his creation,
so Nemesis awaits him, if he wants to exit his own creation,
cause he shamed his creation, Αιδως

at John 1:1 we see the word ΛΟΓΟΣ logos
John was a Stoic one?

offcourse the poor minds, are always Blessed and Happy

Last edited:
I'm going to say this once and once only. There is no place on this forum for links to, or discussions of, the philosophy of this notorious and obviously mentally challenged Neo-Nazi. Was that sufficiently clear, BackToTheForests?

Yikes, good to know about this Germanic Donomination. BacktotheForest, you have a right to switch religions but you might want to do your homework on the spiritual leaders and their reputation before practicing a new religion. Fortunately some Germanic spiritual leaders have a reputation of being Anti-Fascists so there are some alternatives. Here are some websites who have publicly denounced racism. Odin'svolk has been a useful source to reading about the Germanic tribes.

http://heathensunited.org/about-us/

http://odinsvolk.ca/new/ancestry/

Some people cannot believe in the supernatural and some people must believe in something. In absence of positive beliefs they add harmful ideas, like the American neo-liberalism. (haha j/k)

I was raised protestant Christian but moved away from it during college. It is hard to be controlled and told "no" as a hot blooded young man. The reasons are mostly selfish. I didn't want to give time, money, etc to something rather boring.

However, I do acknowledge the practical benefits of a "good" church. It provides a positive atmosphere to raise a family with like-minded families. The culture is one of generosity, love, and positive fellowship. Not all churches are "good" churches. A "good" church not only takes care of themselves but also others. Charity by churches makes a significant impact on the world.

I don't have to attend church but it does make me feel good to be involved socially in this way, to make a positive difference in the lives of others. And what of children and others who "need" to believe in something? That is why I go.

I called myself a Christian, then an atheist, but now I attend Christian churches once more. There is something to be said for traditional wisdom and societal norms and I appreciate it more as I age. There are so many varied views within the large branch of Christianity that it can be daunting. It's inevitable that there are some branches worse than others and even some bad churches in the good branches. Each church is the sum of its congregation and led by certain leaders. I could say similar things about other religions if they were the majority of the society in which I found myself.

I'm fascinated by human superstition.

I am not religious but I do have my own belief system. It comes from becoming more scientific minded and then leaving science itself to go beyond further.

This thread has been viewed 19089 times.

Back