What led you to your current beliefs?

common sense and life experience has lead me to my current beliefs......so obviously I dont believe in any organized religion.

common sense and life experience has lead me to my current beliefs......so obviously I dont believe in any organized religion.
Organized religions exist. ;)
It is so much easier to prove existence of a religion than if their beliefs are true.

Part is natural for me. I always grew up believing in God and the Afterlife, and the thought of no God or Afterlife is horrible to me, and impractical. I see more evidence to support my beliefs as time goes on. I don't want to consider myself close-minded, but to me nihilism is so ugly that I will not consider it. I see inherent benefits in believing.

I was raised as a Lutheran and was happy with it as a boy, I was a bit naive about the world outside of my small ethnic enclave. It would infuriate me if anyone spoke ill of religion. As I got more involved in the political side of life I became unhappy with many church policies (taking care of people in nations that have no relation to my own, the push for lax immigration policies, and bringing "refugees" in themselves). I then rejected the church, I would not be involved in an organization that I couldn't whole-heartedly believe in and searched for what felt natural. I arrived at Odalism and have been happier for it.

Absolutely unbelievable. I don't even have words.

Absolutely unbelievable. I don't even have words.

If this is directed towards me I can only assume that you are conflating Odalism with racism, which is an unfair assumption. Nationalism should not be confused with racism, either, I do not believe in a "white" America but I do not agree with importing immigrants (even Europeans) until every able-bodied American is employed and every American citizen thriving. If I can clear anything else up ask away.

Even if I ignore any possible racial overtones, I am appalled at the absolute stupidity and the total ignorance of population genetics of whoever created this abomination. I would suggest you do some intensive reading using our search engine.

Even if I ignore any possible racial overtones, I am appalled at the absolute stupidity and the total ignorance of population genetics of whoever created this abomination. I would suggest you do some intensive reading using our search engine.

Would you say that all Muslims are terrorists? Your response is on the same level of critical thinking. Perhaps you should add an argument in there instead of an ad-hom attack (the mark of ignorance).

Even if I ignore any possible racial overtones, I am appalled at the absolute stupidity and the total ignorance of population genetics of whoever created this abomination.

The creator would be Varg Vikernes, a Norwegian neo-nazi and convicted murderer.

The creator would be Varg Vikernes, a Norwegian neo-nazi and convicted murderer.

Varg Vikernes is not a neo-Nazi, you are willingly posting flat-out lies.

I have no answers as to what happens when you die.
That said, I refuse to cling to fairy-tales to ease my fear of death.
I believe in science and reason.
The more I look at mainstream religion, the more skeptical I get.
Even the dates of the birth and crucifixion of "Jesus" are nothing more than the spring equinox and winter solstice.
Even hallmarks associated with Judaism like circumcision and the Ten commandments were just copied from the ancient Egyptians.
The "Jesus" myth is quite similar to Zeus/Jupiter and his demigod son of a mortal women stories, and would have been very familiar to Greeks and Romans.

Varg Vikernes is not a neo-Nazi, you are willingly posting flat-out lies.

Well, he's an admirer of Hitler and has been on record peddling racial pseudoscience & promoting Nordicist eugenics for decades. The label captures his ideology quite well, even if the man himself doesn't like it.

Well, he's an admirer of Hitler and has been on record peddling racial pseudoscience & promoting Nordicist eugenics for decades. The label captures his ideology quite well, even if the man himself doesn't like it.

Being pro-European is akin to Nazism now? We will have to agree to disagree but labeling anyone that chooses Neopaganism as a racist only does a disservice to everyone, for it is not based on fact but propaganda and feelings.

Being pro-European is akin to Nazism now? We will have to agree to disagree but labeling anyone that chooses Neopaganism as a racist only does a disservice to everyone, for it is not based on fact but propaganda and feelings.

Admiration of Hitler is akin to Nazism. Well unless it's a grudging kind of admiration as expressed by Stalin perhaps.

I don't know what 'pro-European' means.

Admiration of Hitler is akin to Nazism. Well unless it's a grudging kind of admiration as expressed by Stalin perhaps.

I don't know what 'pro-European' means.

I do not know his views on Hitler but admiring someone is not akin to Nazism, as I could say that I admire Che Guevara but that does not make me a Marxist. "Pro-European" simply means favoring a shared heritage the same as someone could be called "Afrocentric". We may be beating our heads against a wall here.

I do not know his views on Hitler but admiring someone is not akin to Nazism, as I could say that I admire Che Guevara but that does not make me a Marxist. "Pro-European" simply means favoring a shared heritage the same as someone could be called "Afrocentric". We may be beating our heads against a wall here.

Let's see, we're talking about someone who (i) subscribes to highly pseudoscientific theories of European autochthony, (ii) promotes eugenics to increase the numbers of blond, blue-eyed people, (iii) looks up to Hitler, Himmler, Quisling. I'd think most normal people wouldn't object to the neo-nazi label.

I'm not trying to insult you, but do you have Asperger's per chance?

Let's see, we're talking about someone who (i) subscribes to highly pseudoscientific theories of European autochthony, (ii) promotes eugenics to increase the numbers of blond, blue-eyed people, (iii) looks up to Hitler, Himmler, Quisling. I'd think most normal people wouldn't object to the neo-nazi label.

I'm not trying to insult you, but do you have Asperger's per chance?

>I'm not trying to insult you
>calls me retarded

Since you display a level of discourse more at home on 4chan this will be my last sincere response to you.

>I'm not trying to insult you
>calls me retarded

Since you display a level of discourse more at home on 4chan this will be my last sincere response to you.

Look, I apologize. Still, I find it baffling that you'd be surprised your following of Vikernes might just raise some eyebrows.

It's impossible to debate the merits of his ideology when there are none. Last I checked the man believed Scandinavians derive 99% of their ancestry from Neanderthals. What did you expect in terms of discourse?

This thread has been viewed 19096 times.

Back