Who will win the World Cup 2006 ?

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Bets are up. What country will win the World Cup in Germany in June, which one will reach the final and the semi-finals ?

Here are the 8 groups.

My guess for the semi-finals :

Netherlands vs Italy
Argentina vs Brazil

Final : Italy vs Argentina

Winner : Italy

Good thread topic. I think Brazil are favorites as the previous champion and also because they have an incredible atack power with the two best attacking midfields ronaldinho( recent gold ball winner) and the younger just as skilled kaka. Furthermore they will probaply be fielding 2 of the top strikers in europe, ronaldo and adriano, and not to mention the defensive players who act as demi-wings roberto carlos and cafu.

They have a weakness in defense though.

Italy would be my other favorite,,, they have a new innovative formation with as usual a sturdy world class defense and a ver intersting midfield with the creative ac milan play maker andrea pirlo and upfront roma symbol totti will support two of the best strike in the italian league, toni who just recently managed to score 30 goals in a single championship after 46 years and gilardino. Also Italy managed to beat holland 3-1 when they dutch had never lost a qualifying game in their round and only received 3 goals in 12 matches!!!

Well I think that Brazil will win the world cup again, just because they again have a great team! The Netherlands will definitely reach the Half-Finales, something they should be able to reach with their status as a soccer country.

Big loser of the world cup: Germany of course ;)

I know next to nothing about the strengths and weaknesses of the teams,
but my loyalties as usual go to the Argentines!

Dutch Baka said:
Well I think that Brazil will win the world cup again, just because they again have a great team! The Netherlands will definitely reach the Half-Finales, something they should be able to reach with their status as a soccer country.

Big loser of the world cup: Germany of course ;)

Indeed....germany play so boring....their team is no good this year anyways...they mite make it through their group but i would be surprised if they advance much further...

i donna.... they are very weak at the back...let's see how they do their first opening match and how the compare with the other big ones.

This thread has been viewed 7681 times.

Back