Debate Are religious people somehow weaker than atheistic people?

Are religious people somehow weaker than atheists?

• Yes

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • No

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters
Since when there is a rule to quote only information. :confused:

You're not making any sense. You simply miss read his comment.

I'm also sick and tire to respond to your religious bigotry and intolerance. I guess, we are even.

You're almost always the aggressor. I'm not a bigot and not intolerant. Give one example of me being a bigot or intolerant? Don't include old posts because I've changed. Saying homosexuality is unnatural is not bigorty or intolerance.

To make it simple this time. There is about 20% declared non-religious people of all population of US. Non-religious people among prison population are sub 1%, according to cited government document, above. Do you notice this disproportion? Why so few?!

An explanation I can think of is: Most atheist and agnostic are Middle or Upper Class white people. While, most in prison are apart of minorities who associate with Christianity: Blacks and Latinos.

The facts are: In Religion God(s) can be an authority on human behavior. While in atheism we're just particles with no leadership. Nothing we do matters, morality doesn't matter.

This is easy to understand.

You have been dreaming.

Alright then, I'll tell my friend Micheal he and his sister can...............

You're not making any sense. You simply miss read his comment.
You said this:
He never wrote "information" so why are you quoting him?
Read it few times till you understand sense of your statement.

You're almost always the aggressor. I'm not a bigot and not intolerant. Give one example of me being a bigot or intolerant? Don't include old posts because I've changed. Saying homosexuality is unnatural is not bigorty or intolerance.
It is in my book.

An explanation I can think of is: Most atheist and agnostic are Middle or Upper Class white people. While, most in prison are apart of minorities who associate with Christianity: Blacks and Latinos.

The facts are: In Religion God(s) can be an authority on human behavior. While in atheism we're just particles with no leadership. Nothing we do matters, morality doesn't matter.

This is easy to understand.
You didn't answered the question. Why there are so few "immoral" and "not caring for anything" atheists in prison?

one thing I noticed is that religious people are generally very anxious and insecure and religion is like a pivotal point they center their life around. they are scared by life complexity and look for safety in their religious belief.

I keep coming across atheists that somehow feel that religious people are weak. I don't get this perspective, as I feel that humans just can't deal with pure reality as pure reality, and all therefore have crutches to help them get through difficult times. To me, I see this particular atheistic perspective as arrogant, and somehow not true. I wish I could come up with something more solid, rather than just this vague feeling I have, at the moment what I want to say eludes me. Hope you can catch the gist of it.

Other perspectives?

This is an issue that is so set that no answer. What kind of research instrument we can put together? What the criterion to use? What are they poorer, in business, relations, keeping health, learning, skills, sport, discipline vices (eg. cigarettes), and so on. Believers can be successful in anything and atheists may be unsuccessful, again, there is no answer to this question.

To believe in a better life is a strength. It is indisputable!

What do you mean by weak exactly ? If you mean unable to have principles or strict beliefs, or lacking self-control, then no. But if you mean lacking lacking independence of mind, being more influenceable or weaker at reasoning, then I would tend to agree on a general basis.

Maybe the first wave of atheism (centuries ago) had independence of mind and was less influenceable and stronger in reasoning, but modern atheism in observation is just as lacking in independence of mind, more influenceable or weaker at reasoning. Modern atheism is inherited just like religion, either through family or society.

Maybe the first wave of atheism (centuries ago) had independence of mind and was less influenceable and stronger in reasoning, but modern atheism in observation is just as lacking in independence of mind, more influenceable or weaker at reasoning. Modern atheism is inherited just like religion, either through family or society.
In some extent yes, but atheism more than any religion is chosen by people. The best example are scientists, who as a group are about 50% atheists, more than any other occupational or social group.

I think we're in the age when science and religion meets.
Religion used the personal experiences of certain people to build up an own belief system
We supposed to have "Spiritual masters" who brought knowledge from unclear sources or dimensions, as most of us have no special powers just 5 senses to measure the universe

For example Someone with schizophrenic disorder experience a different reality and for a person like that a table which is non existent in our experience can be
measurable, as himself living in a different reality can experience it and consider it as part of the reality even it's just subjective
experience, but our consciousness is subjective itself, we can't know if others experience the same things we do, only that they're
supposed to, we might live a dream and we create every person into this experience so we experience a sort of Matrix reality.

We consider our lives as reality, because others experience the same. We judge our acts and lives by others standards and opinions.
If we dream and during a lucid dreaming period we become part of a different reality where 11 billion people lives
and they tell us that their existence is the ultimate reality then we easily turn confused and reject our past belief.

We don't know how could would perceive reality as a 4 dimensional being
we only experience the 3 dimensional life as humans, but if we're more than just physical body then this
life is just a possibility of the many alternative realities.

back to the original question i don't think there's a difference between an Atheist and a Religious person as both have an own belief.
Someone who consider himself Atheist may refuse the Christian version of God but believe in a system which is built on some form of mathematical intelligence.
There's a difference between believing something and experience. Religion was considered exoteric because it doesn't allow the
practitioner to experience the reality written in the Bible for example.
Esoteric knowledge is if someone is able to experience a so called knowledge by his more dimensional self.

I've never read anything that would lead me to the same conclusions.

Weak people are just weak. Theres atheists who have converted to religion or reverted to religion, later on they develop into Religious political correctness police that can't tolerate any kind of criticism or debate around religion.

I can tell you how.
They cry like babies when you tell a former atheists who converted to religion because of feelings after only reading a book ( because no evidence was demonstrated to them, only inspirations of a story). And than tell them you were dissappointed in them.
Then the owner bans you because his feelings were hurt.
Political correctness in effect. I didnt even use foul language or any slurrs on him.
Message before he banned me. He basically became an sjw when it comes to christianity. Can't handle criticism or dialogue. Just threats and ban hammers
f6a4161a1556f7be33b3524956a04fdb.jpg

I think any generalized and vague labeling of individuals based on just one superficial feature (e.g. a belief) will probably say more about the person who believes in that rationale than about the object of that analysis. What's "weak"? It's too generic, too vague. Also, there is no such implied psychological and ideological homogeneity among the people who are religious (and there are many ways to be religious, some of them almost as different and even hostile between themselves as they're as opposed to atheism), or those who are atheistic for that matter. I'm always wary of excessively simple explanations for complex phenomena (like an individual being "weaker" or "stronger") and correlations between unlikely things (e.g. being atheistic leads one to be stronger, or being stronger leads one to be atheistic, as if these things existed totally in isolation from social, cultural and familial conditions influencing the individual's mindset)... and I virtually never regret being so.

It’s not Religion or Atheism that makes you weaker or stronger.

It’s all about perceptions.

Those who have a plan and hope win!

Hope without a plan is a disaster!

Planning and hope give you a sense of self-esteem, confidence, and optimism.

Planning without hope makes you more prone to cynicism, anxiety, and pessimism.

imo

Weak people are just weak. Theres atheists who have converted to religion or reverted to religion, later on they develop into Religious political correctness police that can't tolerate any kind of criticism or debate around religion.

I can tell you how.
They cry like babies when you tell a former atheists who converted to religion because of feelings after only reading a book ( because no evidence was demonstrated to them, only inspirations of a story). And than tell them you were dissappointed in them.
Then the owner bans you because his feelings were hurt.
Political correctness in effect. I didnt even use foul language or any slurrs on him.
Message before he banned me. He basically became an sjw when it comes to christianity. Can't handle criticism or dialogue. Just threats and ban hammers
f6a4161a1556f7be33b3524956a04fdb.jpg
Nothing to do with religion but eeeeeww, that fat ugly hippo is Loki?

Nothing to do with religion but eeeeeww, that fat ugly hippo is Loki?
This is Taweret, she’s half Hippo, Egyptian Goddess of childbirth and fertility.

She’s got to be related to Anubis the jacka..ss LOL

150px-Taweret.svg.png
112px-Anubis_standing.svg.png

It’s not Religion or Atheism that makes you weaker or stronger.

It’s all about perceptions.

Those who have a plan and hope win!

Hope without a plan is a disaster!

Planning and hope give you a sense of self-esteem, confidence, and optimism.

Planning without hope makes you more prone to cynicism, anxiety, and pessimism.

imo

That makes perfect sense, indeed.

Here it would be more correct to mention how many sane people there are both in religion and those who are atheists! And the question is not so much who is weaker or smarter, but to understand that in any case you need to respect each other! Even if the husband believes, and the wife is an atheist, and do not try to blame each other for it!

Yes, you're right that religion helps people overcome difficulties. Not even religion itself, but faith.
I am an atheist. I don't think religious people are weak or atheists are arrogant. It really depends on the individual.

Deistic people might be often braver and more determined when
they face a difficult,dangerous or awkward situation because faith cannot directly change
external events or conditions it can however affect or change your internal condition which in turn
is decisive on what you can do or cannot do in a situation, in particular when it involves high risk or uncertainty
of a positive outcome, and may awaken hidden forces
or potentials in a person he wouldn´t expect.

Of course there is also the downhill side it may make you more dogmatic,fanatic and
cause irritability,insecurities where there would be no reason for an atheist to have such.
Plus the tendency to superstious thinking like when something goes wrong instead of searching
for the closest rational cause (like ones own ignorance of an important detail) but attributing it
to the ill will of some malevolent metaphysical force or entity.

So it might realy depend,

Atheists: Better,more realistic and efficient in everyday type tasks and problems.
More realistic straight to the point and critical thinking in everyday life.

Religious people:Better or more confident in strange,awkward,ambigious or extreme situations where there is no certain outcome and routine or standard way to handle it.

Last edited:
I voted No
I don't believe in organized religion.
My main spiritual,religious beliefs are Pantheism, Reincarnation, and The Golden Rule.

This thread has been viewed 64390 times.

Back