Politics Catalonia may become an independent nation soon...

Having to read google-translated texts is killing me :)

When rulers are placed above the law does not believe in the rule of law does not believe in democracy.

He has also said recently that when a ruler Cospedal law skips is an example that is already known in our continent and that is a fact not usually end well.

Hello dear friends, much less've missed them and how much I love them, no matter imagine I've been traveling, traveling around the world, and as I've been away so long I wonder if there are any new independent European "nation"?

All yours Carlos

View attachment 7265
Nationalism sells us is Catalonia is one of the richest regions of Europe, and that we could compare with Austria, Sweden and Denmark. Eurostat has published data about 2013 to topple nationalist myth is only the region Catalonia nº 56 of the 273 European regions in terms of per capita GDP

Catalonia has an index of 111 compared to the European average (100). Sweden (127), Denmark (124) and Austria (128) are way ahead of us. 4 of 8 Swedish regions Catalonia advance; 6 9 Austrian regions have more GDP Catalonia, and 3 of the 5 Danish outperform Catalonia. If we divide Catalonia provinces, results for the Catalans would be even worse.

Stupor in the Government: Catalonia is only the region nº56 of Europe in GDP per capita

In Spain are ahead Madrid, Navarra and Basque Country.

View attachment 7265
Nationalism sells us is Catalonia is one of the richest regions of Europe, and that we could compare with Austria, Sweden and Denmark. Eurostat has published data about 2013 to topple nationalist myth is only the region Catalonia nº 56 of the 273 European regions in terms of per capita GDP

Catalonia has an index of 111 compared to the European average (100). Sweden (127), Denmark (124) and Austria (128) are way ahead of us. 4 of 8 Swedish regions Catalonia advance; 6 9 Austrian regions have more GDP Catalonia, and 3 of the 5 Danish outperform Catalonia. If we divide Catalonia provinces, results for the Catalans would be even worse.

Stupor in the Government: Catalonia is only the region nº56 of Europe in GDP per capita

In Spain are ahead Madrid, Navarra and Basque Country.

Since catalonia is weighing down the progress of the rest of Spain, you need to get rid of it ...................like removing a scab:grin:

The Generalitat of Catalonia recognizes that not one euro in the box

Homs (spokesman) warns that you can not pay suppliers in May and June, and calls on the opposition not to criticize them for it

The Government of Catalonia remains long, the regional executive more financial support received from the Government of Spain. In addition to receiving the lion's share of the Liquidity Fund Autonomy (FLA), 55% of the total for all regions this year, also takes 58% of the new social fund, which receives more than requested when he joined the aid.

View attachment 7266
Homs

http://www.periodistadigital.com/ca...econoce-que-no-tiene-un-euro-en-la-caja.shtml

Bad managers, useless as political despite being privileged by the governments of their own countries marrow Spain are not capable of anything.

To sile
PS: Could you tell me how you came to Australia, I find it interesting to know how someone could end up in Australia .... lol

Eight years later

It is interesting to read those opinions and worries 8 years later, having in mind that nothing has moved. It's al the same. With Mas or without. Nobody in Europe can live without his neighbor. Catalonia has to understand this. All the best to everybody, your Christian Ho

Es bastante interesante de leer estas opiniones y preocupaciones ocho años más tarde, teniendo en cuenta, que nada ha movido. Estan en las mismas. Con Mas o sin. Nadie en Europa puede vivir sin su vecino. Cataluña tiene que aprender esto. Todo lo mejor, vuestro Chritian Ho

Fully support. Hopefully we in Croatian Herzegovina will join them soon. Catalunya Lliure! Sloboda za Kataloniju!

I totally agree that Catalonia should by all means get its independence, but not now. Maybe when they create a United States Of Europe they could apply for 'statehood' just like I think Scotland, Bavaria, Corsica, the Basque country, Flanders etc.

Regional cultures are dying off and everybody knows it, why else would there be so much worry about it and so many regional and cultural protection? I think we all need to assimilate into a wider European society.

That is because EU federalists want to destroy these cultures. The popularity of independence movements shows why that won't work, thankfully.

It is not fair to condemn and deprive generations of the cultures of the great European nations and force them to regionalism, that takes a toll. I do not know if you are informed of the activities and lies that holds the nationalist Catalan regionalist policy. I do not think you have no idea what they are doing.

Fully support. Hopefully we in Croatian Herzegovina will join them soon. Catalunya Lliure! Sloboda za Kataloniju!

I think not know the reality will soon hear: Free Spain, whose? I Just imagine. In Europe they know that and this issue is slowing and is an obstacle to the entire Spanish nation. Today regionalisms who dream of being great nations of Europe all face are proving very dangerous and a drag on the entire population of a country and U.E. which lies certainly not like and guess who is constantly lying and altering data.

I wonder what Brexit will have in store for Spain. If Spain was smart they would not try to claim or attack Gibraltar, right? If Spain becomes more unified; you can say goodbye to a Catalonian and even Basque independence, forever.

I wonder what Brexit will have in store for Spain. If Spain was smart they would not try to claim or attack Gibraltar, right? If Spain becomes more unified; you can say goodbye to a Catalonian and even Basque independence, forever.

Gibraltar is a colony, a tiny occupied territory, Spain claims it because Gibraltar is Spanish. With the Brexit Gibraltar is going to be very difficult, things fall by their weight, Spain Gibraltar will not attack, but if decedemos our ports to Russian submarines as a warning to Morocco and U.K. Could reclose the gate and isolate Gibraltar, suffocate its settlers, because being a settler in occupied territory is leading a very difficult life must be a hard life, but it may not even Spain need to shut the gate. Do not be fooled Catalonia and the Basque Country as you can see have not declared independence, everything is a strategy blackmail the state to maintain their privileges and as you can also see carry privileged centuries and have not done anything, have a great own industry and all we know so far is create discrimination especially using the language as a weapon, but a rule of law can not give more privileges to some regions at the expense of others. Spain is calm and the Spanish unit is not in danger. Now Spain has annulled the declaration of a Catalan farm itself and many mayors are being detained for corruption and have million euros in Andorra, and collect kickbacks from transfers of public tenders.

Do not be fooled, Spain is crying out to heaven freedom to stop being blackmailed by these regionalist politicians.

I admire Basque culture, the unfortunate thing is I tend to disagree with their politics. A free Catalan state would be even more ridiculous to me. It seems that the Basques have retired from their nationalism a little. Although I still encounter many brilliant Basques; whom unfortunately see it as a necessity for the Basque country to have an independent state. (as a separate nation)

But, they would fall very flat. Only another country like the USA or Russia or France/UK could support such an idea; for such a tiny area. (About the size of Slovenia? haha they're dreaming.) It's not happening.

Edit: The only way there could be a Basque or Catalan independence state is if they did it in a similar way as Belgium or Switzerland- bilingual cultures united under one nation. But they would have to take the region of Aragon too.

I admire Basque culture, the unfortunate thing is I tend to disagree with their politics. A free Catalan state would be even more ridiculous to me. It seems that the Basques have retired from their nationalism a little. Although I still encounter many brilliant Basques; whom unfortunately see it as a necessity for the Basque country to have an independent state. (as a separate nation)

But, they would fall very flat. Only another country like the USA or Russia or France/UK could support such an idea; for such a tiny area. (About the size of Slovenia? haha they're dreaming.) It's not happening.

Edit: The only way there could be a Basque or Catalan independence state is if they did it in a similar way as Belgium or Switzerland- bilingual cultures united under one nation. But they would have to take the region of Aragon too.

The Basque Country and Catalonia are two regions of Spain, are not the only regions of Spain have more. The Catalan separatism is imperialist (dreams imitation) and demands Valencia and the Balearic Islands, southern France and a strip of Aragon. Take these lands and declare independence, and we'll see what happens, it has happened or think will happen? honestly just he is going to hear eccentricities meanwhile, surrealism and lies.

A student of Erasmus grave with 1 asks his teacher of English origin and Catalan nationalist allegedly subsidized

The Catalans may actually be the real Aragonese. Although, this is probably irrelevant. The inflection in Catalan is obviously relative to Occitan, and sounds nothing like French. But there are definitely some Iberian influences in it; so it does not sound too different from Spanish from my experience.

From my knowledge; Galician is the oldest documented Iberian Romance language; and Portuguese was born out of it. (old Portuguese is probably Middle Galician etc.) But, I think Castillian (Spanish) is not derived from it and comes from a different Romance source.

Catalan seems like it picked up a lot of Spanish and Basque sounds. Even Gascon seems to somewhat lack an Iberian influence. Catalan to me sounds like a primitive, watered-down version of Spanish; and sounds like Spanish with more Italic. I personally view it as a very crummy and poor-man's version of Spanish. (or if you look at it this way: Occitan that is spoken with Spanish inflections and accent.)

I see no reason, based on language along, why Catalonia should be independent. The Basques to me, have a better reason possibly. But it seems that they are doomed to Romance assimilation. Despite it's comeback in the past centuries since Franco's death; I just don't think the ancient language of Basque is going to make it. (Reasons why: 1. It is a difficult language and totally foreign to Indo-European speakers. 2. It is too complex and filled with consonants, so it looks pretty bad in Latin script. 3. The grammar has no official Word Order Typology or decent grammar order/syntax, so it is very sloppy.)

The only pros that I see in Basque language, is that it could be used for a secret code-language; to confuse enemies on radio or radar. etc.

The Catalans may actually be the real Aragonese. Although, this is probably irrelevant. The inflection in Catalan is obviously relative to Occitan, and sounds nothing like French. But there are definitely some Iberian influences in it; so it does not sound too different from Spanish from my experience.

From my knowledge; Galician is the oldest documented Iberian Romance language; and Portuguese was born out of it. (old Portuguese is probably Middle Galician etc.) But, I think Castillian (Spanish) is not derived from it and comes from a different Romance source.

Catalan seems like it picked up a lot of Spanish and Basque sounds. Even Gascon seems to somewhat lack an Iberian influence. Catalan to me sounds like a primitive, watered-down version of Spanish; and sounds like Spanish with more Italic. I personally view it as a very crummy and poor-man's version of Spanish. (or if you look at it this way: Occitan that is spoken with Spanish inflections and accent.)

I see no reason, based on language along, why Catalonia should be independent. The Basques to me, have a better reason possibly. But it seems that they are doomed to Romance assimilation. Despite it's comeback in the past centuries since Franco's death; I just don't think the ancient language of Basque is going to make it. (Reasons why: 1. It is a difficult language and totally foreign to Indo-European speakers. 2. It is too complex and filled with consonants, so it looks pretty bad in Latin script. 3. The grammar has no official Word Order Typology or decent grammar order/syntax, so it is very sloppy.)

The only pros that I see in Basque language, is that it could be used for a secret code-language; to confuse enemies on radio or radar. etc.

I can tell you that as a student in Barcelona I had a lot less trouble understanding Catalan than my friend, who was a Spanish major. It was because it was closer to northern Italian dialects. (Gallo-Italic). At that time, most people would not respond to us if we spoke in Spanish. I did better speaking Italian. They understood me more or less, and when they responded in Catalan, I understood more or less. I'm a pretty quick study when it comes to languages, so by the end of my stay I was getting the hang of the Catalan. Great place...wonderful people.

Romance-lg-classification-en.png

Do not believe that the Basque Country has more weight or arguments to be independent in any case it would Navarra and Aragon and yet they do not.

This thread has been viewed 276616 times.

Back