Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: French "Foreign Legion" team may not pass the World Cup preliminaries

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Thumbs down French "Foreign Legion" team may not pass the World Cup preliminaries

France made a draw against South Korea, following another draw against Swizterland. If Switzerland wins against Korea and France doesn't win against Togo (ok a bit far fetched, but we never know), France could already be out of the WC 2006 ! What is happening to the proud national team of what once was Europe's strongest team ?

Btw, have you seen who is playing for France ? Most of the team is made of Blacks; it looks like a "French colonial team". Just count :

Blacks (13) : Lilian Thuram, Alou Diarra, Sylvain Wiltord, Sidney Govou, Claude Makélélé, Thierry Henry, William Gallas, Éric Abidal, Jean-Alain Boumsong, Patrick Vieira, Florent Malouda, Louis Saha, Pascal Chimbonda

Other non-French (4) : Zinedine Zidane (Algerian), Vikash Dhorasoo (Mauritian-Indian), David Trézéguet (Argentinian), Mikael Silvestre (mixed ethnicity)

Ethnic French (6) : Willy Sagnol, Franck Ribéry, Gaël Givet, Grégory Coupet (goalkeeper), Mickaël Landreau (goalkeeper), Fabien Barthez (goalkeeper).

So only 7 ethnic French out of 23 players, includung the 3 goalkeepers (which cannot play at the same time) ! So depending on the formation, there is only 1 to 4 ethnic French out of 11 players on the field at any given time. In general it looks like an African team with a white goalkeeper. France can be proud !
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Ethnic group
    Albanian

and they say that there is no integration or rights for immigrants in france ;)

this is something that my friends and I always comment....smth oddly bizarre..the other team in europe that is somewhat mixed is england...but they are well sorted proportionally