It`s hot!

Reiku the reason AC's are bad is that they not only cool the air, but they also produce heat. That heat is released to the atmosphere and multiply 1 A/C unit by millions of users (in a town like Tokyo) and you actually increase the outside temperature!

I sometimes wonder how I managed to survive the summers in New York City and Japan with absolutely no AC. Since I never experienced AC except in stores and such I guess I never really knew any better. All I used was a fan. I only had AC during my last 4 years in Japan and didn't even have it my car yet. It was still an expensive option then. But it was only in one room and we still slept at night with just a fan.

Besides, in my first 5 or 6 years in Japan there wasn't even any AC on the trains! Imagine that after speed walking to the train station!

Today I am quite spoiled with central air in the house, air in the car, and air in my truck for my long drive every night. I constantly move from controlled environment to controlled environment. I have a feeling that I will be in a world of hurt, psychologically, if I suddenly had no AC. Especially since last week temps here were approaching 40C!

Our temperature here in Strasbourg since last week has been around 35 to 40 degrees Celsius out, which is very hot for Strasbourg. :atsui: Strasbourg is one of the coldest cities in France. My husband says he will install an air conditioner soon...:gulp: :hum: :dance:

I read in the paper a few days ago that here it was officially around 36, and thermometers in various parts of the county read even higher; 38 on the newspaper building in the city centre where I am, and over 41 on a thermometer that was left out in the sun on one of the parks! :shock:

It rained at the weekend, but it's hot again today (sod's law, eh?) :eek:kashii:

the temperature here is over 44
it is really glowing and there is no rain therefore we use AC 24\hours

Over 44? (kill me now) I just couldn't handle that kind of heat, I couldn't live and work in that kind of environment. I visited Venice one year and the temp hit 39/40 I just melted, went all around St. Marks square in the shade. A big pasty white Irish bloke with melted suntan lotion running into his eyes - not a pretty sight. They say we should be hitting the mid 20's by the end of the week and that's as much as I can handle.:)

Fling all the windows open. Then you get bugs flying in so I built fly-screen frames to clip into the open windows. Works a treat and cheaper than AC. If there's no breeze break out the blowers. Ultimately lie in a cold bath suspending the lap top above it :LOL:

It had been very hot throughout July, then on the 22th, suddenly the weather has changed and my brother and his girlfriend arrived that day to visit us, so we had to show them around in cold wet weather, just our luck huh!

I had read somewhere about an Asian country having students come over with such a structure which would use all possible energy alternatives and they had an excellent plan for using AC. They firstly used only CF free AC and every ACs outlet was connect to a public sauna bath area and to a small garden having vegetables and all. The project did wonders and people found it really amazing to use sauna for free. That's what i call brains.

This thread has been viewed 20981 times.

Back