Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Offtopic : Was Hitler a Christian ?

  1. #26
    Regular Member Carlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    26-09-11
    Posts
    2,674

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V22/YF66572
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5c1

    Country: Spain



    How can you please think Hitler was a Catholic? Hitler probably served the God of the world which is Satan. The problem is that left fans in all parts of the world, even from the countries that eventually ended with Hitler.

    At any given time anyone can play to believe a God, but it's so easy to realize how fragile we are as humans and our place in the outer Galaxy, which at that Hitler and his philosophy become trifles, before the true God.

  2. #27
    The Hairy Wookie Mycernius's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-02-05
    Location
    Hometown of George Eliot
    Age
    51
    Posts
    904


    Ethnic group
    English
    Country: UK - England



    Hark, I see the No True Scotsman being played here. Pray tell us all Carlos, who is the one true god? Maybe it is the one you worship, not that I see any bias towards your own religion at all /sarcasm off
    First establish the existance of any god, then establish that the god that you have is your god. Good luck with that because every religion in the world, including yours, has failed at it everytime.

    Tough, Hitler was a catholic whether you like it or not.

  3. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Yes, Hitler was a Catholic. There have been plenty of horrible Christians in history of all stripes, and Hitler was amongst them.

    However, you can rejoice that Communism, which is far worse than Nazism and Fascism in general in murdering 100 million individuals, is an unmitigated atheist philosophy.

  4. #29
    King Niall
    Guest


    Quote Originally Posted by JFWR View Post
    Yes, Hitler was a Catholic. There have been plenty of horrible Christians in history of all stripes, and Hitler was amongst them.

    However, you can rejoice that Communism, which is far worse than Nazism and Fascism in general in murdering 100 million individuals, is an unmitigated atheist philosophy.

    Hitler was a Meir descendant and the anti-christ.

  5. #30
    The Great Mitsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-01-06
    Location
    In the computer
    Posts
    235


    Country: United States



    As many have said, Hitler was indeed a Catholic, and many quotes show that he believed it into his "Fuhrerhood". However, while there are many quotes that indicate his belief in a god, there are some that indicate a hatred of Christianity and god. Nevertheless, he used a god and the bible to inspire his countrymen and Nazi army. Whether he was a "true believer" or not, it's safe to say that there were Nazi soldiers, that were god-fearing Christians, killing innocent people.

    I'll search for these quotes and post them later, if I can remember...

    Quote Originally Posted by King Niall
    Hitler was a Meir descendant and the anti-christ.
    What does this even mean?

  6. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Oh, and Maciamo's opening statement must be refuted:

    It is ludicrous to classify WWII as a "religious" war. Hitler's anti-Jewish beliefs had nothing to do with religion (as one can read for youself in Mein Kampf) but his belief that they represented an alien, subversive, defeatist, and communist element in Germany.

    He did not hate the Jews because they were Christ killers like historical Spanish anti-Jewish practices, but simply for political and racial reasons.

  7. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by King Niall View Post
    Hitler was a Meir descendant and the anti-christ.
    There is no proof that Hitler was a descendant of rabbi Meir.

    He was also, to be precise, the second anti-Christ if you are referencing Nostradamus. Otherwise, he wasn't the anti-Christ in the Biblical sense, and it would be quite odd if the anti-Christ wouldn't be Stalin or Mao, who together murdered more people than Hitler ever dreamed of.

  8. #33
    Elite member
    Join Date
    07-11-12
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,384

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a* (inferred)

    Country: Germany



    Quote Originally Posted by King Niall View Post
    Hitler was a Meir descendant and the anti-christ.
    King Niall, you've been warned before to stop this behaviour.

  9. #34
    King Niall
    Guest


    Tunisia was Roman province where the emperor was from and also where E1b1 M35 was from. Tunisia was always know as a Roman colony.

  10. #35
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by King Niall View Post
    Tunisia was Roman province where the emperor was from and also where E1b1 M35 was from. Tunisia was always know as a Roman colony.
    So?

    Tunisia isn't Jerusalem. It's over a thousand miles West.

    If anything, if he was a native of the area, he'd likely be Carthaginian. Also: He was born in Antium, near Rome, not Tunis. I don't know where you're getting your information from. He was also pure on Roman.

    Hitler was a German Austrian Catholic. He had no Jewish blood.

  11. #36
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    12-03-12
    Posts
    285


    Ethnic group
    Greek
    Country: Netherlands



    According to Hitler's personal secretary who died only recently, after Hitler survived an assassination attempt on his life in Munich he became convinced that God spared him to fulfil his duty. Hitler even bragged about it to Mussolini.

    Also, most men who put the jews in gas chambers were christians.

    The Christians can get Hitler, the atheists can have Stalin.

    Whether they believed in God or not is irrelevant. Their religions were responsible for their actions. Hitler's religion was National Socialism and Stalin's religion was Communism.

  12. #37
    Regular Member Templar's Avatar
    Join Date
    23-10-11
    Posts
    590

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G-L42
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a1

    Ethnic group
    Paleolithic European
    Country: Bosnia & Herzegovina



    How could someone disprove beliefs which are neither theist nor atheist/agnostic. Such as: Pantheism, Deism, Panentheism, etc. Their "evidence" doesn't stem from concrete and physical evidence (such as miracles or holy books).

    It also seems like Hitler would have followed something akin to English Deism.

  13. #38
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    How could someone disprove beliefs which are neither theist nor atheist/agnostic. Such as: Pantheism, Deism, Panentheism, etc. Their "evidence" doesn't stem from concrete and physical evidence (such as miracles or holy books).
    All the philosophical positions you spoke about are subdivisions of theism and have established arguments for them dating to antiquity. This is not a matter of miracles and holy books exclusively, and in fact, those are the weakest of all arguments, excepting for a miracle one personally witnesses.

    It also seems like Hitler would have followed something akin to English Deism.
    No, he was a pretty standard Christian when he speaks about matters pertaining to Christianity.

  14. #39
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    17-08-12
    Posts
    85


    Ethnic group
    Italo-Celtic
    Country: United States



    Hitler was born and bred into a traditionally Roman Catholic society, but he himself never identified with this tradition once he had matured. The confusion about the Nazis being 'Christians' largely results from the well-publicized fact of their association(purely for political ends) with the Roman Catholic church, photos of archbishops shaking hands with nazis, etc.
    It's obvious to anyone who has studied nazi philosophy that Christianity was not compatible with the main thought current of the movement, Himmler, Rosenberg, and others who exemplified the movement's philosophical orientation were very much obsessed with the old Nordic pagan way of thinking, National Socialism was fundamentally a neo-pagan movement.

  15. #40
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    17-08-12
    Posts
    85


    Ethnic group
    Italo-Celtic
    Country: United States



    Templar:

    The main conclusions of modern physics, especially quantum mechanics, seem to very strongly suggest that everything is 'alive' in a sense, absolutely everything at the fundamental level seems to have a sort of consciousness, I think one could make an argument that this is evidence for pantheistic beliefs. At the very least it would constitute much more 'concrete' evidence than 'holy books', which were written by basically ignorant men in a pre-rational time.

  16. #41
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by skaheen15 View Post
    Templar:

    The main conclusions of modern physics, especially quantum mechanics, seem to very strongly suggest that everything is 'alive' in a sense, absolutely everything at the fundamental level seems to have a sort of consciousness, I think one could make an argument that this is evidence for pantheistic beliefs. At the very least it would constitute much more 'concrete' evidence than 'holy books', which were written by basically ignorant men in a pre-rational time.
    Cite your sources of any reputable science suggesting that quantum mechanics suggests the "consciousness" of atoms, molecules, et cetera. Because as far as I am aware, it is only new age gurus with hardly any understanding of science at all that suggest such ideas.

  17. #42
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    17-08-12
    Posts
    85


    Ethnic group
    Italo-Celtic
    Country: United States



    I'm not saying that it has been directly suggested by reputable scientists, definitely not.
    But one could make the argument, based on what has been acknowledged by reputable scientists, I think.

  18. #43
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by skaheen15 View Post
    I'm not saying that it has been directly suggested by reputable scientists, definitely not.
    But one could make the argument, based on what has been acknowledged by reputable scientists, I think.
    Well, make the argument. What aspects of QM lead you to think that atoms are conscious?

  19. #44
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    17-08-12
    Posts
    85


    Ethnic group
    Italo-Celtic
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by JFWR View Post
    Well, make the argument. What aspects of QM lead you to think that atoms are conscious?
    If you're aware of the general way in which subatomic particles behave, then you must have some idea of what I mean, it's not my intention to make some kind of scientific argument for them being conscious in the animal sense.
    In a very loose and roundabout way, though, one could easily suppose that all matter is 'alive' in some sense, although it's certainly not an idea that would fit within the scientific cannon at present.

  20. #45
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Spooky action at the distance.
    It means that particles might "communicate" and at speeds faster than speed of light. In short, through still unknown laws of physics, and, one might argue, by spiritual/supernatural way.
    I'm guessing, but I think, this is what shaheen15 implied.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  21. #46
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by skaheen15 View Post
    If you're aware of the general way in which subatomic particles behave, then you must have some idea of what I mean, it's not my intention to make some kind of scientific argument for them being conscious in the animal sense.
    In a very loose and roundabout way, though, one could easily suppose that all matter is 'alive' in some sense, although it's certainly not an idea that would fit within the scientific cannon at present.
    Subatomic particles behave in many ways, but none of them seem at all intentional.

    They don't even seem alive. Life is filled with voluntary activity and purpose driven (foor, sex, water, fear) behaviour. Atoms blindly obey natural laws, like rocks and wind.

  22. #47
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-07-12
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    305

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I-m223
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H64

    Ethnic group
    Irish, English, French, German, Swedish, and Finnish
    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Spooky action at the distance.
    It means that particles might "communicate" and at speeds faster than speed of light. In short, through still unknown laws of physics, and, one might argue, by spiritual/supernatural way.
    I'm guessing, but I think, this is what shaheen15 implied.
    I was thinking he was going to go with the "observerer effect" which is one of the more poorly named phenomenon in science as it implies consciousness to that which isn't.

    Spooky action at a distance, moreover, is well explained by reality conserving the laws of logic more than anything else. "You have two particles that exist in a mutually exclusive entagled pair, such that if one is X, than the other must be Y. We separate these entangled particles over a distance such that we can observe both before they could possibly communicate via any force that depends on the speed of light. We observe one as X and simultaneously observe the other as Y. Hot damn! The logic of their relationship was maintained in spite of their distance!"

    It's the one shadow of hope, I'd say, that time paradoxes would also be ruled out by the universe, also. Cool stuff.

  23. #48
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-11-11
    Posts
    49


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    if religion is not hereditary it follows he was not a Christian cause he did not follow Christ teaching

  24. #49
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by kesi View Post
    if religion is not hereditary it follows he was not a Christian cause he did not follow Christ teaching
    On this logic you can prove that most people that consider themselves Christians are not really Christians. Not many follows closely Christ teachings anyway.

  25. #50
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    11-11-11
    Posts
    49


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    On this logic you can prove that most people that consider themselves Christians are not really Christians. Not many follows closely Christ teachings anyway.
    I think Christians are those that follow Christ or profess Christianity as their religion publicly and consistently try to live as their religion tells them to. Did Hitler follow Christ teaching? Perhaps he did follow the Aryan "Christ"

    If one's religion is considered what religion one is born into then we should say Stalin was Orthodox, Charles Darwin was a Christian in fact he wanted to become a clergy man etc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 29-11-15, 18:18
  2. The Bible condones murder, rape and ignorance
    By Maciamo in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 31-03-15, 06:22
  3. DNA study: Hitler had Jewish roots
    By Shasta in forum E1b1b
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 21-10-12, 16:44
  4. Hitler goes to Israel!
    By mad pierrot in forum Other Serious Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-06, 03:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •