Will recent terrorism plot impact your holiday itineraries?

Minty

Seasonal Member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Asian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I am human
mtDNA haplogroup
I am human
Britain on maximum terror alert after bomb plot foiled

LONDON (AFP) - British police have said they had foiled a plot to blow up planes to the United States in mid-air, putting the nation on its maximum terror alert and snarling air traffic around the world.

Police said the plot, which involved hiding explosive devices in passenger hand baggage, was "an attempt to commit mass murder on an unimaginable scale" and that they had arrested 21 people.

Deputy Commissioner Paul Stephenson, of London's Metropolitan Police, told reporters that police were confident the anti-terror operation had disrupted a bid to cause "untold death and destruction".

Home Secretary John Reid said the plot was "very significant" and designed to "bring down a number of aircraft through mid-flight explosions, causing a considerable loss of life."

He said police believed it was "a major threat to the UK and international partners."

Read the rest here:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060810/19/103l2.html

The entire globe hasn’t recovered yet from the scourge the Americans undergo at the World Trade Centre, the Pentagon, and on the 4th flight that was hijacked that killed all passengers aboard in the collision in Pennsylvania on Tuesday, 11 September 2001 and now this…would this impact you to reconsider your journey plans?

It has, due to this I won't be travelling to places where travel is a big hassle until things are calm enough. Vacation is supposed to be fun, and we won't want to be constrained in the airport or be in risk to be killed by terrorists.

My boss cancelled his trip to Heathrow and decided to stay somewhere he wouldn't have to fly. He'd told me that there was an explosion at a train station in London when he lived there and didn't want to go out, so he wanted to go back on his vacation.

I heard on the radio that a lot of British people looked rather calm and annoyed by their flights delay than terrorized by the plot.

There have been quite a few situations in which people are so afriad of a terrorist plot that even when they have to fly to another conferences, they wouldn't. There's alot anxiety these days.

I want to take a trip to London next summer, and I'm hoping that there won't be any more terror plots. :?

misa.j said:
My boss cancelled his trip to Heathrow and decided to stay somewhere he wouldn't have to fly. He'd told me that there was an explosion at a train station in London when he lived there and didn't want to go out, so he wanted to go back on his vacation.
I heard on the radio that a lot of British people looked rather calm and annoyed by their flights delay than terrorized by the plot.

I heard differently, the British airline struggled to reunite thousands of missing bags with their owners. Some people had their luggages missing for weeks. They had to cancel more than 1,100 more flights.

I would not be very happy to have my holiday ruined like this, stuck in the airport and my belongings all in my luggages which I cannot get hold off. With so many flights been cancelled which means most likely I am not able to go home.

Last edited:
Ma Cherie said:
There have been quite a few situations in which people are so afriad of a terrorist plot that even when they have to fly to another conferences, they wouldn't. There's alot anxiety these days.
I want to take a trip to London next summer, and I'm hoping that there won't be any more terror plots. :?

I hope you would not experience something so annoying and irritating too!

Unfortunately i have no plans to travel in the near future due to school and what not,,, however when i do get the chance i will not take terrorism into account. Even if there is a slight danger I will still fly because not doing so because of what may happen is playing into the hands of those who are trying to disrupt our daily life acitivities and our way of life.

Well said Duo. Something I failed to say in my previous post. The terrorists ARE succeeding. They are making things more difficult in our every day lives; like traveling.

Yeah, that's terrorism for you, when it's starts effecting your daily life, that does mean they're winning. :(

This thread has been viewed 9547 times.

Back