Wang

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Taiwanese
WE'VE GONE THE WRONG WAY, BABY
Feminism's Proud Destruction of Mankind

Resa LaRu Kirkland
September 7, 2006

I'm ashamed to be a woman. I feel less for it... like I don't quite measure up. Now understand, men have never made me feel less. No, this inferiority complex began about 35 years ago with a little thing called Feminism. Feminism has made me ashamed of my sex-as a group and individually.

There was a time when women deserved respect-because we are mothers, because of our natural softness and tender feelings, because we have been the ones who raised up righteous leaders of good nations for centuries now. We dropped the ball on that most vital role, not men. Consequently, we don't deserve the respect that men-yes men!--have bestowed upon us any longer. It is the day care facility-institutions-that raises our children now, and the result has been the most horrific social experiment history has ever seen.

In the sixties, women began taking the easy way out. Why? Because Motherhood is a damned hard thing to do. It is 24/7/365. There is no pay, no immediate gratification, little recognition, and more often than not, no appreciation until you yourself become a mother. When you go to work, you get to dress nicely. You have a schedule that you actually keep. People do what you tell them to do. You get to speak to and with adults, have conversations that have meaning. You get regular breaks, and no one is peeing or spitting up on you, throwing tantrums, breaking your things, or calling Grandma to get his way. And while there is truth to the fact that society has both revered and ridiculed that which comes naturally to women-tenderness-it is women-not men--who have inflicted the most damage. Let me explain why.

Men have always been in awe of the female form-not just physically, but spiritually and emotionally as well. While they may burst with pride over their strength and snicker at the physical "weakness" of women when compared to men, they hold in that realm of mystical and reverent those attributes of femininity that are not as comfortable within themselves, and they marvel about them in private moments. They reveal this wondering in ways that are at times misunderstood, but nevertheless bespeak of the awe they feel toward the female sex.

My all time favorite saying about the power women possess was revealed by author Samuel Johnson in the 18th century: Nature has given women so much power that the law has very wisely given them little. Now before feminists start ripping tendons and ligaments with their typical knee-jerk reaction to this example, look again. This is a statement and recognition of the power and strength men recognize within women-power they envy, strength they admire, and tenderness they crave. This is a statement of respect and recognition for women, not belittlement.

Jump forward to the 20th century, and the advent of militant feminism that took hold of our culture. Now understand, there isn't a person-male or female-that I know who doesn't believe that women were mistreated in the past, or that they deserve rights of voting, work, etc. So let's just toss that ridiculous argument from the get-go. No, this is about the fact that these Stalinistic Types who decided that women deserved better--not just equal-treatment than men have overtaken, destroyed, and even in the face of logic and reason-and their own case studies and evaluations--turned to typical female histrionics to bludgeon society into doing what they say.

You can read the full article here.

"Nature has given women so much power that the law has very wisely given them little. "
In other words, women already have power that nature has given us so we don't need equal rights, because we already had power. :eek:kashii:

Feminists believe women are the same as men, except for some slight biological differences in the genitals. They don't merely want equal rights for women, they also want women to be treated the same as men socially and culturally.
I think this is bogus.
Feminism grew big between the 60s and the 80s, when people strongly believed in the malleability of society andnurture was chosen above nature.
This is false. Modern research has shown that personality and behavior are far more dependent on biology (brain, genes) than previously understood. There are significant differences (in general) between male and female brains.
In the past, all males had to act masculine and females had to act feminine. Instead of ending gender stereotypes,feminists have created a new unisex stereotype: letting females behave more like males and letting males behave a bit more feminine.
Both options are wrong and harmful. In reality, many males seem to be predisposed toward masculine behavior (for example aggressiveness and competitiveness), and the same holds true for females and feminine behavior.
On average, boys just have more testosterone in their bodies. Not all of them are aggressive, and there are aggressive females too, but if you're looking at big groups, there is a significant difference. So if there are more male boxers, criminals, politicians and businessmen than females, that might just be biology, and not 'the patriarchy'.
The idea that women are exactly the same as men seems to be harmful. Women should be fully equal in political and legal rights, but it's not 'wrong' if a certain group (a job or a community) has more males than females, or vice versa. Some governments try to 'correct' this with quotas, and I think that's harmful.
I don't think we should strive for a unisex world - I think we should learn to accept feminine males, masculine females, feminine females and masculine males.

This thread has been viewed 7610 times.

Back