Films & Series European film recommendations

watch

I have not been to the cinema for two decades but I will return to see this film, also set in Madrid and based on a true story, I love it.

Last edited:
hi

[FONT=&quot]Hi, I advise you to watch The Favorite No Man's Land 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 DaysAmélie great legendary movies more here[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hi, I advise you to watch The Favorite No Man's Land 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 DaysAmélie great legendary movies more here[/FONT]

European movies have always been a refreshing alternative to hollywood.

You can check Lars von Trier or Lathimos.

Last night I finished a very good Italian series (English subtitles) called "The War is Over" or La Guerra e' Finita") on MHG (I get the station through amazon, but if you're an English speaker who wants to see "foreign" media, you can sign up independently.

It's set in the immediate post war period when for many Italians, and certainly for the displaced, the war isn't really over yet. The background is particularly the Holocaust and what was to be done with the Italian Jewish children (and later Jewish children of other nationalities) who had been in the camps and whom no relative had claimed.

The adults who cared for them, particularly a Jewish Italian engineer who had been a partisan, and a Christian woman psychologist from a family of collaborators, did my heart good. Far from depressing me, it helped restore a bit of my faith in humanity.

It's loosely based on a true story, and from everything I know about the period in Italy it's totally realistic.

I am sharing my list of movies to watch during the pandemic process, I hope you will be interested.

Malcolm & Marie
The White Tiger
Finding 'Ohana
Master
Bliss
Strip Down, Rise Up

Like this on my TV show list

Lupin
Black Summer
Ozark
Bridgerton
Victorian era series
Stranger Things
Firefly Lane
Another Life

This thread has been viewed 74488 times.

Back