What is your favourite European region for sightseeing ?

What is your favourite European region for sightseeing ? (max. 3 choices)

• Total voters
My favourite place is northeastern Slovakia, close to the border with Poland. When I am bored I hop in my car (I live by the border) and go to admire beautiful green landscapes with hilly roads and creeks with crystal-clear water.

Nature, nature and nature... screw big cities...

BTW, according to you poll only "old" EU is worth visiting. Do you think there are no interesting places "new" EU?? Wrong! Visiting Eastern EU is much cheaper and more fun.

for me it's Southern Italy; everytime i go to S.I. it's an adventure, definitely it's the best place to spend a summer.
I fell in love with this:
20090824001818.jpg

you start seeing this when you hed towards sicily calabria or apulia.

the people speak louder, with much more enphasis, the accents are so diverse from mines, the vegatavles and fruits grow better and they are more good to taste

this kind of rocks you find in Apulia (Gargano):
Puglia.Tremiti.par.naz.gargano.jpg

I also fell in love with Sardinia and Costa Smeralda (well everybody does it):
costa-smeralda.jpg

this is a famous rock in sardinia that resemble a Bear (capo Palau):
palau.jpg

It is really hard to choose a specific place in Europe because each place that is mentioned has a unique set of offerings to its travelers. In my visit to Spain, I liked it a lot for its scenic beauty and good food. It has spectacular museums, monuments, architecture, beaches, churches and palaces. Amazing to freak out there.

It is so hard to choose as all these cities are so different and they all have something great to show. And what exactlly is sightseeing? sighting the architecture? the landscape and nature? each and every city is different and would rank top for me to go and visit!

Too sad to see that Baltics are not so popular! People, you do not know, what you miss! Great prices, delicious food, amazing nature!

I've seen a report about a Baltic city in Christmas (Riga or Tallin, I don't remember), and indeed, it looks very beautiful.

This is a very difficult choice.

Europe as a whole is beautiful and it is very difficult to isolate an area that is more points, and question is which the criteria take into account.

Maciamo has made a good share of countries.

Only for Greece probably can be changed because this country belongs to the Balkans and should not be together with Turkey.

But these divisions make it difficult to vote because someone could be in one or more countries but not in all.

For example, I was in Belgium but not in Holland etc. and I can not vote for the Benelux but I would voted for Belgium, and such examples has more.

julia90
It's wonderful what you have indicated Sardinia, looks amazing and worth visiting.

It is really hard to choose a specific place in Europe because each place that is mentioned has a unique set of offerings to its travelers. In my visit to Spain, I liked it a lot for its scenic beauty and good food. It has spectacular museums, monuments, architecture, beaches, churches and palaces. Amazing to freak out there.

You know how to choose quality.

------------0-------------

I think Europe is wonderful to travel and meet her. :heart:

I use to go mostly to Southern Germany/Austria becouse I study German and am interested in their culture.

I also like to visit Rome and other central Italian places and I have the advantage that I live there so I just need some hours to explore the whole area.

I went to Greece once and I'd like to go there again and I have seen a documentary about Turkey (Istanbul) and it seems an interesting place worthing a visit, so it's on my list, but from the area where I live it is not easy for me to go there, indeed I've been more often to France than to Greece (3 times and probably this summer I'll go there for the 4th vs just 1 time)

Southern France and Northern Italy.

Where painters go.. I go. The light, the colors, the smell of the herbs.
I love nature, and photography.

Hm. I think that it's France, Spain, Italy and England. But after them i think the best is Poland, Chezch Republic, Austria and Ukraine.

Hm. I think that it's France, Spain, Italy and England. But after them i think the best is Poland, Chezch Republic, Austria and Ukraine.

I note that like Western Europe, Eastern Europe but must retain incredibly beautiful and natural landscapes.

I note that like Western Europe, Eastern Europe but must retain incredibly beautiful and natural landscapes.
I think that Western Europe more beautiful ths Eastern but Eastern is very beautiful. The best countries in Eastern Europe is Latvia, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulagary,Moldova, Finland and Ukraine.

julia90
It's wonderful what you have indicated Sardinia, looks amazing and worth visiting.

yes, i recommend you, and the other to spend a summer vacation there, the waters are crystal clear like you find in the caribbeans.
and the interior is wild and not massificated for turism, also most of the coasts.
the people preserve their traditions with its own cusine, dances and dialect.

I think that the best place is Crimea in Ukraine. Very beautful.

yes, i recommend you, and the other to spend a summer vacation there, the waters are crystal clear like you find in the caribbeans.
and the interior is wild and not massificated for turism, also most of the coasts.

Julia90
I watched a bit on the net these days some destinations in Sardinia, they really look impressive.

Thanks a lot for the recommendations.

You're totally right Julia, Sardegna is amazing...Expecially the sea! :giggle:

Here some other sueggestions about Italy!

Bergamo:
Bergamo_-Lombardy_-Italy.jpg

Perugia:
PerugiaFontana.gif

Cinque Terre:
Cinque%20terre.jpg

Tropea:
tropea.jpg

Costiera Amalfitana:
positano.jpg

Eolie:
panarea.jpg

Abruzzo:
thumbnail.aspx

Fregene:
004.jpg

Anyhow, I voted for Southern France, Northern Spain and Southern Italy! (y)

This thread has been viewed 141567 times.

Back