What is your favourite European region for sightseeing ?

What is your favourite European region for sightseeing ? (max. 3 choices)

• Total voters
My favorite country in Europe is ... I love Italy, but I felt something special in France, Paris and french riviera are amazing.

Generally I prefer the South, perhaps by the light. For example, I was in Stockholm in April, still with snow. It is a beautiful city, but not convinced me. It lacks the artistic touch of the Mediterranean cities. Maybe summer is best time to visit Scandinavia.

My favorite country in Europe is ... I love Italy, but I felt something special in France, Paris and french riviera are amazing.

Embattled Mmmmmmmmmmmm of fair-haired for you alone, ahhhhhhhhh grrrrrrrr mmmmmmmm

:LOL:

Embattled Mmmmmmmmmmmm of fair-haired for you alone, ahhhhhhhhh grrrrrrrr mmmmmmmm

:LOL:

I love the gays, they tend to be more open-minded than heterosexuals, the gay flag has the colors of all the continents, and therefore all races, but here is the exception: Carlitos, gay and racist. What a pity.

He hates me because I speak of haplogroup E and T in Spain and its extra-European origin.

You're totally right Julia, Sardegna is amazing...Expecially the sea! :giggle:

Here some other sueggestions about Italy!

Bergamo:
Bergamo_-Lombardy_-Italy.jpg

Perugia:
PerugiaFontana.gif

Cinque Terre:
Cinque%20terre.jpg

Tropea:
tropea.jpg

Costiera Amalfitana:
positano.jpg

Eolie:
panarea.jpg

Abruzzo:
thumbnail.aspx

Fregene:
004.jpg

Anyhow, I voted for Southern France, Northern Spain and Southern Italy! (y)

Excellent shots!

I've already said that for me it's southern italy (Ho il Sud nel Cuore!!)... when i go there in summer i feel alive!.. the sun enters in my skin, the people are amazing.. sometimes lazy but thats in the atmosphere.. usually i don't do only the beach life i go visit the little towns.. i see ancient ruins, i stay in conctact with the local mentality, with the people, with the cusine

some photos
Siracusa-Piazza Pag Iniz.jpg

anteprima-peschici5.jpg
Peschici3.jpg

Ostuni - Panorama.jpg

olive-groves.jpg

Greece, Cyprus & Turkey would be my favorite. People are just slighty different to northern europe. The culturual sites go back thousands of years and there are plenty of them and the weather is great of course!

Tough call, but I voted for Ireland, I lived there for a long time and I've never seen the same place in the same light twice, it's just part of the life there, rain, storms, sunshine... all within 20 minutes time! The south of France was my second choice, it's just about everything, the little villages and the cafés, church bells ringing, farms scattered all over the horizon, food and wine you just can't compare to anywhere else. Third choice Poland, it's just beautiful, I hope it will not change too quickly.

It's an old thread but that doesn't mean people can't still vote. It's the holiday season now, so the mood is right. Please let us know what is your favourite region for travelling in Europe.

Out of the places I have been to in Europe, I'd have to say the French/Italian Riviera and the Italian Alps (Cervinia/Livigno).

Being Polish, I recommend Poland. It is a largely undiscovered gem in Europe, brimming with history, beautiful cities and pristine nature. I recommend Southern Poland the most, as you can easily access the Tatra mountains and the beautiful cities in the regions of Malopolska, Podkarpackie, and Slask.

So hard to pick only three! I'm from Central Spain which is full of Unesco sites, but I must recognize that Andalucia is the most impressive area for foreigners (Granada and Seville are a must-see). I also love central and southern Italy, especially Rome and Palermo, and Central Europe with Vienna, Prague and Budapest. Also London and Paris, but everybody has been in those two cities so they don't need recommendation! Other cities that I love are Riga, Copenhagen, Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and possibly the most beautiful city I've ever been to, Odesa (sadly now in the middle of a war).

This thread has been viewed 141568 times.

Back