Question What divides more people : gender, intelligence, religion or social class ?

What divides more people : gender, intelligence, religion or social class ?

• Total voters
Oh, comon people. Last war in Europe (Yugoslavia), and ongoing terrorist actions are based in religion. And you voted for Social Classes dividing people the most? What social classes in ordinary folk life we are talking about? You haven't been invited for a royal wedding or something?
I'm very glad we are over gender inequality in Europe though. :)

At least in my country which is Spain (Western Europe), which further divides people is politics.

Well, intelligence if you have an IQ well above the average, let's say above 140 it can certainly be a dividing factor. Not to mention people withg IQ's above 160 they must feel very alone. Knowledge not so much because it is aquired and you can talk about your subjects whenever you decide.

I don't think any of those factors separate people more or less.
It is people who divide people.
It is people who judge people.
It is people who start wars with people because of different religious beliefs.
It is people who judge other people because their income is higher than others.
It is those wealthy people that will wake up one day and realize that money had no contribution to their happiness.
Don't get me wrong, money isn't our enemy. It is us.
Our attitude towards life and how we treat others and the world should change.

We would be happier, live longer, live peacefully, tackle difficulties with greater ease and find a balance.
So I think People should be a category.

Reactions: FBS
Hmm. Perhaps you are correct about people. However, I think it is a given that all four categories refer to human interaction
and people are, of course, inferred to be central to the argument.

Oh, comon people. Last war in Europe (Yugoslavia), and ongoing terrorist actions are based in religion. And you voted for Social Classes dividing people the most? What social classes in ordinary folk life we are talking about? You haven't been invited for a royal wedding or something?
I'm very glad we are over gender inequality in Europe though. :)

Wars refers to the elite (everywhere and in Yugoslavia). I think that social class divides more peoples. Certainly religions and nations divide people. Intelligence and knowledge less. Gender maybe is not adequate for this survey? Human being is born as a man or a woman. There may be a lot of categories of division but social class is most important. And in every society there are social differences. Perhaps the most obvious example is the caste society in India.

You forget to put politics on the list. That's the main thing that divide us :sad2:

Intelligence
Social class

In that order.

I need to get serious... For me the core of all divisions is the superiority complex. If it wasn't for it divisions would not be problematic, probably would loose its concept completely.

I'd say none of the above, I'm pretty sure that we are divided because of lack of exposure to one another. As we are little, most of up are forced to be a certain way based on gender by our parents or peers creating a platform of what's normal in society, and dividing us between boy and girls. Once we get to your teenage years we are even more divided by clicks for example; sluts cheerleader, preps, jocks, geeks, re****, etc. So our empathy becomes divided also.

I prefer not to divide people by gender. For me, first of all, the person himself is important, his views on peace and kindness.

This thread has been viewed 59142 times.

Back