Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

Thread: Which carmakers are popular in Europe?

Ethnic group
    Asian

Which carmakers are popular in Europe?

I just read the article that said that Europeans don't want environmentally friendly cars due to their demands for safer and larger cars while the EU is trying to reduce average car emmissions to 120 grams carbon dioxide per killometer by 2012.

This made me curious about what kind of cars Europeans drive. The EU exceeds with its mileage standard of Japan's, which is much better than the US's as many of us know.

Could you guys tell me something about this? Thanks!
    Last edited by misa.j; 20-11-06 at 14:11.
    ~How could you eat your pudding if you don't eat your meat?!~

My family have always driven British-made cars - not out of patriotism, or because they are any better, but because spare parts are cheaper and easier to get from scrapyards!

It's a fact that my family always drove rather old, secondhand cars so this approach makes sense. A number of my friends drive eastern makes e.g. Hyundai, which are fine, except when they need a new part it costs a small fortune because of the import costs. T_T

About the car-buying habits of people in the UK in general, I can't really say , just giving a personal perspective here!

You may see a few Fords but they are not American cars. Ford makes European cars for the european market.
    Fiat, Seat, Renault, Citroen, Opel, Peugeot, Volkswagen, Audi, BMW, Austin, Saab, Volvo, Mercedes are some of the most popular.
    Also you will see Nissan, Toyota